Travel and Vaping Vaping on an Air Plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
So if im ever in the Denver airport i can sit at the terminal and puff huge clouds of 100% VG. Im the guy that doesn't care what others think as long as its allowed and not against their "policy"

As of last April you could vape in their airport. I usually email or message (on Facebook) the airports
ahead of time and ask.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
you've heard it in six pages,,,,,,,,

but please,,,,,,,,DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless, of course, you don't mind being caught, making an unscheduled landing, being kicked off the plane, and having to buy another ticket to get home (or to your destination) at your OWN expense,,,,,,,,

please,,,,,,,,,,,,,just trust me on this,,,,,I'm a travel agent.

you're better off scheduling a change of planes with enough time to hit a smoking section, if possible.

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
vaping in front of a lot of people, non smokers, non vapers, leaving them in a cloud of vapor = just rude. Vaping in an enclosed place - not everyone feels comfortable with plumes of vapor clouds floating everywhere. Rude to burp, swear, fart, and a lot of other things in front of people. I don't believe for one moment I, as a vaporer, should have to go to the designated smoking section and be treated like a second class citizen to vape. I do however feel there are ways you can do it so no one even realizes you're doing it. I've vaped in restaurants, among friends at my table, but did it so descretally (I can't spell tonite to save myself) that even the person next to
me didn't know what I was doing. That is far different from sitting there with an attitude blowing plumes of clouds everywhere, yanno?

I understand where you are coming from, I just don't understand the logic behind it. I don't even know why I'm arguing the point, because I agree with you to a point. I ask for permission to vape in the homes of friends and family if I've never vaped there before, but at the same time, I'm not one to be easily offended and I hate this new mentality people have of "I just don't like it (for no logical reason) and I shouldn't have to look at it/hear it/be exposed to it in any way". I simply just don't understand why it would be considered rude to vape in front of anyone....

I feel like we as vapers, getting behind the notion that blowing what equates to water vapor in the air is somehow offensive to anyone, is just admitting defeat. The ONLY reason I can think of that anyone would get offended at my vaping habit, is because it looks like smoke... possibly because they don't like the smell, but that can easily be remedied by changing to a less offensive flavor or simply not blowing it in their direction (which I do believe is rude).

Thank you for your honest answer - as I said, I'm not trying to be difficult, I just hate that so many vapers (who are pretty well informed) consider it rude to vape.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
My golden rule of vaping, if you have to ask yourself, you probably shouldn't. So don't, lol.

That's just me. I don't want any trouble.

This reminds me of my Grandmother's saying: "If you have to lie to me to go, you shouldn't be going there in the first place."

Those words always stuck with me.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
I don't fly anymore, period. Not because they don't allow vaping, but because of the TSA and the way innocent citizens are treated/profiled without probable cause or suspicion of wrongdoing. That's a whole other argument, but personally I will laugh and celebrate the day that all these airlines file bankruptcy and cease operations. Same goes for the government alphabet agencies that have sprung up in the last ten years to "protect" us.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Bathroom stealth vape only... ona side note can a pv actually set off a smoke alarm?

Yes. I ran a test with my smoke detector, and it did go off when I blew a heavy cloud right into it. There are two different systems for how smoke detectors work. One of those methods will set off due to vaping, one will not. I believe most smoke detectors use both methods of detection.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
Make sure you wear a Kevlar vest, this will increase your survival chances when the sky Marshall sees you with a smoking electronic device on a plane.

Wow. Imagine what they would think if they saw someone carrying a Reo.
Lets see. Small box shaped device with a large button and a thing sticking out the top...

OP. Be safe and good luck with whatever you decide.

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
I fly frequently and use mine discreetly. I usually load it with unflavored liquid so the smell doesn't bother anyone. I vape at my seat...hold it in...and exhale slowly. It is NOT allowed on a plane...but many flight attendents have told me that unless the passenger is a complete ...... or its visibly bugging someone...they tend to look the other way.

NotoriousJDP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Springfield, IL, USA
I fly frequently and use mine discreetly. I usually load it with unflavored liquid so the smell doesn't bother anyone. I vape at my seat...hold it in...and exhale slowly. It is NOT allowed on a plane...but many flight attendents have told me that unless the passenger is a complete ...... or its visibly bugging someone...they tend to look the other way.

lol.........

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
Wow. Imagine what they would think if they saw someone carrying a Reo.
Lets see. Small box shaped device with a large button and a thing sticking out the top...

OP. Be safe and good luck with whatever you decide.

Ha Ha... I recently flew to NY and wondered the same thing about my Reo. I decided to pack my Reo in my luggage and not in my carry-on. I did however carry-on my Provari and was never questioned about it. I think Provari style devices are generaly recognizable to the TSA as "vaping devices".

True story: Not long ago, my wife and I went to a sporting event.... An older lady behind my wife didn't know that she was with me. She leaned over and whispered in my wife's ear- "I think the man next to you has a detonator". You guessed it- A Reo topped with an A-7 atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread