Travel and Vaping Vaping on an Air Plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garcia1996

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
NJ
I vaped on a plane one time. I was in the very last seat in the back of the plane. When I exhaled, my stomach dropped because I realized if someone saw it and didn't know what it was they could thing "Fire!".
If you hold it in for a while, little or no vapor come out. Just to be sure, you may still want to exhale down your shirt.
This was a couple of years ago before there were so many people against vaping. I would be really careful now, because of "the man" trying to ban it.

zygote

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
new york
Few years ago flew and the guy behind me was chewing tobacco. He got caught and was informed the police
would be waiting for him at the gate. He told his girlfriend/wife - "Well banned from another airline, no biggie'.

For chewing, now that is extreme though the out come is the same for vaping.......don't get caught. It happened to me.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
"Vapes On A Plane", coming soon to a theater near you ... :laugh:

Seriously, I have been stealth vaping in the lavatory on Greyhound buses and Amtrak trains for months. They have no smoke detectors, and the typical smell (chemical and poo) would blot out the aroma from even the strongest juice ... :blink:

I will vape in my seat if there is no clear line of sight with the nearest passenger ...

Recently, I gave a Greyhound driver a spare disposable, and HE was stealth vaping while driving, I could see his hand motions in the passenger mirror ...

Bottom line is, many of us stealth vape in public not because vaping is "wrong", but to protect ourselves from the irrational reactions of the "brittle" people around us, those who need the drama of an emotional confrontation, and the satisfaction of controlling the actions of their victims. Why give them what they want ?

Is it possible to make a nic juice with no visible vapor ?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
"Vapes On A Plane", coming soon to a theater near you ... :laugh:

Seriously, I have been stealth vaping in the lavatory on Greyhound buses and Amtrak trains for months. They have no smoke detectors, and the typical smell (chemical and poo) would blot out the aroma from even the strongest juice ... :blink:

I will vape in my seat if there is no clear line of sight with the nearest passenger ...

Recently, I gave a Greyhound driver a spare disposable, and HE was stealth vaping while driving, I could see his hand motions in the passenger mirror ...

Bottom line is, many of us stealth vape in public not because vaping is "wrong", but to protect ourselves from the irrational reactions of the "brittle" people around us, those who need the drama of an emotional confrontation, and the satisfaction of controlling the actions of their victims. Why give them what they want ?

Is it possible to make a nic juice with no visible vapor ?

I know someone makes a stealth cigalike. No light and cartos that produce very little vapor. Can't think of the name, though.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I know someone makes a stealth cigalike. No light and cartos that produce very little vapor. Can't think of the name, though.

Smokeless Image make a "stealth" cap for their 808 cigalikes: Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

VG in juice is what produces visible vapor. PG does not (or almost none), so the higher your ratio of PG the less vapor you'll produce.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
For chewing, now that is extreme though the out come is the same for vaping.......don't get caught. It happened to me.

Yeah for chewing. One airline I occasionally fly have power tripping flight attendants, and their little pre-flight speech is something
about no tobacco use at all. Then they caught the guy chewing, what happened after that I dunno. I sat up and flied straight
when they went ballistic over a woman texting before takeoff. They don't follow me in the bathroom though. ;-)

zygote

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
new york
Yeah for chewing. One airline I occasionally fly have power tripping flight attendants, and their little pre-flight speech is something
about no tobacco use at all. Then they caught the guy chewing, what happened after that I dunno. I sat up and flied straight
when they went ballistic over a woman texting before takeoff. They don't follow me in the bathroom though. ;-)

It's always better to watch the drama than be involved in it.

Jerm879

Sep 4, 2013
Hattiesburg
No, they aren't. They are optical.

You are wrong sir aircraft lavs are not optical for the fact idiots go to smoke analogs. I won't go into it much further than that because it can get in the realm of sensitive security information. If you don't believe me that's fine just google it but I fly jets for a living so I kinda know what I'm talking about.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
You are wrong sir aircraft lavs are not optical for the fact idiots go to smoke analogs. I won't go into it much further than that because it can get in the realm of sensitive security information. If you don't believe me that's fine just google it but I fly jets for a living so I kinda know what I'm talking about.

See post#16.

Oh, no! Siemens is going to get in trouble for publicly posting the smoke detection system they manufacture for aircraft. Could you please send them an e-mail asking them to remove the super sensitive security information?

The reason optical systems are used is because by the time there is enough heat to set one off, there is already fire- which is a bad thing to have on an aircraft. Generally, there is smoke before fire, so the optical system gives an earlier warning and more of a chance to fight the fire.

Jerm879

Sep 4, 2013
Hattiesburg
See post#16.

Oh, no! Siemens is going to get in trouble for publicly posting the smoke detection system they manufacture for aircraft. Could you please send them an e-mail asking them to remove the super sensitive security information?

The reason optical systems are used is because by the time there is enough heat to set one off, there is already fire- which is a bad thing to have on an aircraft. Generally, there is smoke before fire, so the optical system gives an earlier warning and more of a chance to fight the fire.
Siemens may post whatever they like the security info issue is with the airline that each pilot works for. The fire is taken care of by a automatic halon system installed in the lav. Some older aircraft and international aircraft do have optical detectors but the warning they send goes the the flight attendant station and it still has a automatic halon system for the heat detection. None of this stupid discussion matters other than the fact that you can vape in a aircraft lav without worrying about setting off crazy warnings.

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
Just go to the lavatory to vape on aircraft. Smoke detectors in aircraft are heat sensitive not smoke sensitive.

And even if the vape DID set off the smoke detector (which I am not saying it would BUT IF) then all you would have to do is just hide it in your pocket and act all shocked that it went off. You wont smell like smoke so just make sure to act inconvenienced and confused that the alarm went off. :confused:;)

Just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread