Still popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I check on it daily.
Its gold. Its a whole thread with just fun and no information.

The only thing missing is some good, down home American working class language. I think the foul language filter should be lifted for this thread.

just in case, I hate jumping the gun but:
307.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: homeuser6

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Wow. And I thought DonPalms was mad at me for saying mechs aren't popular.

Guess I really was wrong. Turns out, they're the most popular thing for starting a fight around here. And the most popular thing for inducing War and Peace sized posts.

I agree...and it's really f****ng stupid. There are definitely some here that relish a heated argumentative discussion which is not always a bad thing but it does always need moderation when it gets out of hand.

I use both Mech's and regulated devices and I certainly think that the safety aspects should be pointed out and that we should perhaps avoid talking about anything that is inherently unsafe concerning them due to copying by the uninitiated.

However I do think that the main nay sayers here should perhaps take the desicion to leave these types of thread alone because they are clearly meant to be discussions for the mech user allowing them that pleasure. They just want to chat about stuff without criticism...:)

So please my regulated peeps.....consider keeping your comments to yourself or at the very least ask yourself ''does this comment really need to be made. And is it useful''

Thanks for listening :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don't own a dog, although recently I've been considereing to get the limited edition Hammer Of God "Hellhound" mech mod from Vaperz Cloud, but still nevertheless I can't whistle very well.

If slippery makes you feel sad, then don't wet the floor I guess.

It's the area of being able to correctly distinguish between 1/ your own faulty assumptions that appear to be driven primarily by your own personal fear and 2/ true knowledge about battery safety as it applies to responsibly using a mech. Nothing's terribly wrong with being afraid of using a mech because after all nobody has denied that there are some risks involved with vaping on a mech, and in fact nothing's terribly wrong with choosing to stay away from using a mech for whatever other reasons a person might have, BUT... to use slippery caveman tactics to desperately try and skew other people's perceptions about the safety is still a deficiency I'll always remain happy to fix, and that is regardless of how sad you might feel about that.

I never said that merely believing those mistakes will not be made will not keep them from happening. Instead, I said that self-discipline in cohort with knowledge and the ability to convert knowledge to logical thinking will, and will do so probably not always, but frequently enough to invalidate the claim that regulated mods necessarily always are safer, which brings me back to my point, that regulated mods are not "safer", as this level of safety factually depends on things like the ratio of how much time you spend lecturing others versus the time you spend educating yourself. So again, I think you should go spend some time reading up on what is the definition of a strawman argument.

It = your being naturally inclined to still continue to be slippery enough that you constantly keep moving the flag poles in another slippery attempt to recover your previous lost argument.

Subjective, yes. But based on an honest opinion, not the kind of old slipperiness that would allow you to tout that advanced coils aren't worth the trouble even though you hadn't tried anything that can remotely be called representative of them, and, not the kind of old slipperiness that involves creating your own slippery talk show re the subject of whistling at dogs.

No. Instead, I said I don't believe that the short delay that occurs after pressing the fire button on a regulated mod and the slight shakiness/waviness of the power output signal from a regulated mod are in any way part of the reason why I can clearly feel the difference on the vape. I.e., personally, I, believe the only plausible explanation of why this difference is so large and distinct is that the voltage sag behavior of a battery in a mech gets transferred onto the power output signal of a mech in such a way that the shape of the curve that results from the voltage sag is left unscathed through absence of electronics, thus causing a mech to preheat the coils in a whole different fashion. It's only a theory of course, but one that appears to make genuine sense to a guy like me, because I am a pragmatist. It doesn't quite bother me that it is subjective, as the very purpose of having turned vaping into a hobby of mine, which is to subjectively enjoy a hobby, ultimately is subjective also, anyway in the first place. That's why hobbies are still popular. At least, that's my other theory of course.

My knowledge is a fundamental part of what defines me. Ergo, self sustainability is the secret of my success, and, lava is what can be found near the bottom of the deep, slippery hole you so eagerly have been digging yourself into.

As you keep digging the hole, you're not in a position to know what exists up on the surface that surrounds the hole. Your bicycle has fallen into this same deep hole where, for reasons that are obvious, nobody can ride it, and, the more you shout, the more people can see it's damaged a few too many brain cells after it fell. Remember people are responsible for their own safety. How they deal with safety is the determining factor, by and large. For this reason, you're not in a position to judge their relative safety, as their relative safety greatly depends on their own adult self. Pedantic, slippery old tactics on a forum aren't going to change this fact. So by all means, please, keep digging the hole.

It's not just an assumption. There can be some exceptions to this, but the general truth applies.

Yes of course problems can occur when the CDR is exceeded, but that doesn't also mean problems can't occur when it isn't exceeded. When someone asks "how much is safe", I recommend to stay at or below the CDR, and, next, I let them decide for theirself how much they want to learn additionally about battery safety so that, because they are an adult too, they can feel free to vape how they want to vape.

Several many of the new style battery choices from "The Big 4" (Sony/Murata, Samsung, LG, Panasonic/Sanyo) or from Molicel, if used correctly they can help to improve the safety whilst at the same time also giving equal or better performance vaping on a mech when compared to vaping on a mech by using older battery tech, used correctly. The "used correctly" doesn't help everyone, as not everyone uses them correctly, but that applies to using regulated mods as well.

Whether it's easy or not is something that as a matter of fact depends on the person who causes the accident, or who causes it twice (...).

Exactly. That's also my point, that the relative safety depends, to a very significant extent, on the person's ability to know the risks, understand the risks, take the necessary steps and precautions to mitigate the risks where possible by paying attention in the appropriate sense of the word; so if either you can't or you won't learn and understand the risks and pay every bit of serious attention like needed in order to be able to call it responsible type of behavior, then you shouldn't blame that on mechs by generalizing them nor blame that on mech users by generalizing people who use mechs. That's a huge part of the reason why regulated mods aren't inherently safer. I.e., you shouldn't project your own personal shortcomings on objects by judging objects that either you can't use or you don't want to use.

Figure of speech with a bit of sarcasm, cynism, and mostly lots of irony. Compulsory = you already tried to blow yourself up twice so seriously I just HAVE to recommend that you don't do it. As for "danger is safety", again, these are your words, not mine, as built-in safety protections and various complexities related to them often tend to raise the potential to add more danger by creating an invitation to not using them [these built-in safety protections of a regulated mod] correctly for their intended use and to add more danger by creating an invitation to not educate oneself properly about battery safety, as a result from the fact a lot of people perpetuate they are "safe", and perpetuate it not till you blow yourself up twice, but rather, perpetuate it till hell freezes twice, or, to be more accurate, perpetuate it till people like you can know when they've lost an argument.

This isn't about people who lose concentration for a second. Rather, it is about your persistent failure to grok the concepts inherent of relative safety, and that your ridiculous over-generalizations don't apply to every adult person alive, and also it is about your continuing to travel down the hole as you keep digging the hole that you've dug yourself into.

My point is you are still continuing to travel down the hole as you keep digging the hole that you've dug yourself into.
Seem like it’s time to contract this for brevity again.
It’s clear that treating dripster’s ideas like they have value and explaining differences is useless. So let’s do this quickly:

Going through the points:
1 -basic failure to understand what I said
2 -basic failure to understand what he himself said
3 -basic failure to understand what I said
4 -basic failure to understand what happened in the first place
5 -basic failure to understand sentence structure
6 -basic failure to understand what a point is

It continues to go on, but I’m just giving up here. There’s no point in attempting to explain anything to a complete willful-failure-to-understand.

Ive seen cogent moments from the poster, so I’m not thinking complete incompetence. Possibly a case of someone attempting to win an argument by simply holding their hands over their ears yelling “nananananana”

Does reason fail in the face of willful stupidity? No. It does become pointless though. I think my error was attempting to again treat him like a grown up just because he acted like one briefly.

Hope springs eternal I guess.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I agree...and it's really f****ng stupid. There are definitely some here that relish a heated argumentative discussion which is not always a bad thing but it does always need moderation when it gets out of hand.

I use both Mech's and regulated devices and I certainly think that the safety aspects should be pointed out and that we should perhaps avoid talking about anything that is inherently unsafe concerning them due to copying by the uninitiated.

However I do think that the main nay sayers here should perhaps take the desicion to leave these types of thread alone because they are clearly meant to be discussions for the mech user allowing them that pleasure. They just want to chat about stuff without criticism...:)

So please my regulated peeps.....consider keeping your comments to yourself or at the very least ask yourself ''does this comment really need to be made. And is it useful''

Thanks for listening :)

I do do that. I do admit to a reflexive tendency to reply when spoken to or about.

There is another different issue though:
I have issues when people start claiming things that are both generally known and proven to be false, and do so publicly. Something like a quarter (I am vaguely guessing) of posts on this site as a whole are from new users who have zero knowledge of vaping. Just because the vast majority of people posting in this particular section of that site are olds with large amounts of vaping experience doesn’t change that. New users still read it. Giving them false knowledge for personal preference or gain is simply fundamentally wrong.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Seem like it’s time to contract this for brevity again.
It’s clear that treating dripster’s ideas like they have value and explaining differences is useless. So let’s do this quickly:

Going through the points:
1 -basic failure to understand what I said
2 -basic failure to understand what he himself said
3 -basic failure to understand what I said
4 -basic failure to understand what happened in the first place
5 -basic failure to understand sentence structure
6 -basic failure to understand what a point is

It continues to go on, but I’m just giving up here. There’s no point in attempting to explain anything to a complete willful-failure-to-understand.

Ive seen cogent moments from the poster, so I’m not thinking complete incompetence. Possibly a case of someone attempting to win an argument by simply holding their hands over their ears yelling “nananananana”

Does reason fail in the face of willful stupidity? No. It does become pointless though. I think my error was attempting to again treat him like a grown up just because he acted like one briefly.

Hope springs eternal I guess.

Nice. Just in case you ever decide to pull the "sentence structure" card on me just know, my psychological malady is the cause. You're not pulling any punches here are ya? If your goal here is to reach new unattainable lows never reached, you're there. Good job<<< (not a sentence I know).

I hope other people don't see your post.

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I do do that. I do admit to a reflexive tendency to reply when spoken to or about.

I have issues when people start claiming things that are both generally known and proven to be false, and do so publicly. Something like a quarter (I am vaguely guessing) of posts on this site as a whole are from new users who have zero knowledge of vaping. Just because the vast majority of people posting in this particular section of that site are olds with large amounts of vaping experience doesn’t change that. New users still read it. Giving them false knowledge for personal preference or gain is simply fundamentally wrong.

My statement still stands...perhaps more so.

''Ask yourself if your comment is really needed or is contributing to the spirit of the discussion/thread in hand or could it be left to somewhere else''

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Nice. Just in case you ever decide to pull the "sentence structure" card on me just know, my psychological malady is the cause. You're not pulling any punches here are ya? If your goal here is to reach new unattainable lows never reached, you're there. Good job<<< (not a sentence I know).

I hope other people don't see your post.
That was a specific case. It wasn’t a grammar nazi comment. It was an actual attempt by dripster to attempt to use sentence structure to twist a point.

As to pulling punches, the impression I got from his reply to my reply to his statement was there was never an intent to to be rational in the first place.
My reply wasn’t “mean” it was factual. The “mean” post was the one I replied to. The question becomes whether or not to treat dripster like a reasoning being or a drooling child. It’s difficult, because he seems to alternate back and forth. Was it “mean” to to treat a drooling child in that manner? Arguably yes. He wasn’t behaving like one two posts ago though. The error may possibly have been to treat him as anything other than a drooling child when he was not acting like one. As I said, hope springs eternal.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg

Now you are claiming you are only here to address false information? Just looking out for new users? Seriously? That's what you believe you were doing when you jumped into this thread in hyperbolic overdrive at just post number 4 to mischaracterize both mech users and firearms users and talk about body parts being blown off?

To wit:
My understanding is that after the deaths involved inold mechs blowing up and killing their users, popularity has dropped. It is still not zero. Mech mods are seeming to take on some of the same appeal as fire arms where their users wave them around and attempt to use them as indicators of their exactitude and confidence in their ability to not make dangerous mistakes.
Also like firearms they occasionally blow off body parts doing so, and the general public has a poor opinion of them doing their waving in the vicinity of others which increases by location as personal confines get closer and the possibility of said waver hurting bystanders as well as themselves increases.

Indeed, thanks for looking out for newbies by addressing all the previous false information posted with your detailed and well reasoned post. :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: Skeebo

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My statement still stands...perhaps more so.

''Ask yourself if your comment is really needed or is contributing to the spirit of the discussion/thread in hand or could it be left to somewhere else''
You’ll notice I did mark your original post “like”. I don’t think you’re wrong. The issue is the public nature of the situation. I’m reminded of a film Jamie Fox was in about the life of Ray Charles. Specifically the introduction to ...... scene. This section seems to be the back room of the movie house the other musicians thought was private but into which Ray Charles bursts in (because it wasn’t actually private really) and upon being given vague warnings that ...... was a bad idea by the other musicians decides to not sufficiently heed them for reasons made clear earlier in the film. Thus badly damaging his life.

Nope. Not gonna do it. People don’t like that my modifications of the vague warnings are too specific. Tough. This isn’t about assuaging consciences of the perpetrators. This is about preventing damage.

• Creative

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
You’ll notice I did mark your original post “like”. I don’t think you’re wrong. The issue is the public nature of the situation. I’m reminded of a film Jamie Fox was in about the life of Ray Charles. Specifically the introduction to ...... scene. This section seems to be the back room of the movie house the other musicians thought was private but into which Ray Charles bursts in (because it wasn’t actually private really) and upon being given vague warnings that

I was thinking more along the lines of the little brother and bucket scene. We are only trying to pull you out of the bucket.

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Now you are claiming you are only here to address false information? Just looking out for new users? Seriously?
seriously
That's what you believe you were doing when you jumped into this thread in hyperbolic overdrive at just post number 4 to mischaracterize both mech users and firearms users and talk about body parts being blown off?
yes
To wit:

Indeed, thanks for looking out for newbies by addressing all the previous false information posted with your detailed and well reasoned post. :rolleyes:
Nice attempt to skip the body of the discussion and return to an already run through argument as if it never actually happened.

It has already been determined earlier that
A. The reference to the “G” word was a very specific reference that was taken far more generally than intended for political reasons that had nothing to do with vaping and was for purposes of this discussion a bad idea.
B. That what WAS meant could be equally well described by the phrase “caveman have fire!”
C. There was nothing wrong with the actual point, it was merely the wording used. Which you know or you wouldn’t have brought it up.
D. It was determined though time (because this thread is basically ancient by now and views have actually changed during its tenure) that mech sales were not affected in any significant way in either direction by the deaths, and that my worries were unfounded.

They were none the less real worries at the time for me. They just turned out to be unnecessary.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I was thinking more along the lines of the little brother and bucket scene. We are only trying to pull you out of the bucket.
I don’t remember the bucket scene. It doesn’t seem to be easily available to a search for the term. Perhaps the scene has a different official name. Also I’m not a great googler so it may be there and I just can’t find it.

In any case, to guess at your aim, there have been repetitive suggestions for me to more or less “let sleeping dogs lie”. It has merit. The problem is they don’t seem to me to be either precisely sleeping or precisely lying still.

Reactions: Skeebo

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I don’t remember the bucket scene. It doesn’t seem to be easily available to a search for the term. Perhaps the scene has a different official name. Also I’m not a great googler so it may be there and I just can’t find it.

In any case, to guess at your aim, there have been repetitive suggestions for me to more or less “let sleeping dogs lie”. It has merit. The problem is they don’t seem to me to be either precisely sleeping or precisely lying still.

His little brother fell in a small bucket they used to do the wash, and drowned.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

People hardly remember the action, only the reaction to it.

I use to have a very violent temper. It played on my conscious and made life very difficult. I would actually feel guilt while in episodes of pure anger. I finally figured out that if I could control my temper, life would be easier. I only bring this up because I am a firm believer that our primal instincts cause a lot of our actions.

Have you thought about what drives you in a manner that doesn't make sense to the rest of us? It's simply not a good look.

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
His little brother fell in a small bucket they used to do the wash, and drowned.

It's odd, I can remember all kinds of useless stuff from years gone. But I can't remember what I posted 5 minutes ago..... thank God for the little red flags, I sometimes use it to see what I wrote and pray it wasn't bad.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
My vape growing a tiny little bit weaker with every hit that I take isn't that much of a problem to me, and, all the usual online crying about the safety just enhances my happy mood, as I still believe all the time that's been wasted by creating such drama against mechs would have been better spent towards trying to educate yourself more about that particular subject. The primary reasons why I adhere to mechs are because with advanced coil builds on them I am capable to get better flavor in cohort with how the vape feels very distinctly different when compared to any regulated mod, and, mechs don't break easily so I don't have to carry around a backup with me everywhere I go. The only real problem with mechs is some people either can't learn or refuse to learn how to use them so mechs become an easy target to those who need a scapegoat for just about everything that has gone wrong with their own life.

I have some old Silver Bullet mechs. I got them when Deeming first became a worry. I use them once in a while just so I remember how if the time comes I need them. With a hot spring and a fuse and 1.2 ohm coil.

Some people prefer manual transmission in cars. They like the experience. I used them until I came to America, but now I prefer automatic for the convenience. Some time soon there will be people who still prefer to drive cars themselves rather than having a computer do it for them. We will probably have the same arguments about that as we have about mechs today. There are definitely people who shouldn't be driving cars, for our benefit as well as theirs. But the chances of me being hurt by a mech operated by someone who doesn't have the skills to do it safely are in the same range as being hit by a space asteroid. Not something I spend time worrying about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread