Still smoking analogs? Something that you might not know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFED

May 7, 2012
Tampa
Well, I've been vaping now for a little over a year. Although I still use nicotine solution, I feel better than I did when I smoked analogs.

I smoked analogs for over 26 years. One of the main reasons I quit smoking analogs was because I could notice some kind of change to them over the past couple of years. They started to sizzle and burn out often, had a new "almost poison-like" odor, and eventually one puff would start to make me dry heave. I would wake up in the evenings to go to the bathroom and puke blood.

Just today I was speaking to another vaporer/ex-smoker of 24 years on ventrilo and he confirmed my suspicion. I just found out about these today, and I think more people should know about the "fire safe cigarette".

Fire safe cigarette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fire safe cigarettes create even more lung damage

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rebecca-brooks/fire-safe-cigarette-laws_b_519867.html

A group called Citizens Against Fire Safe Cigarettes started an online petition November 15, 2008 to repeal the laws. There are currently 25,620 signatures on it (and growing daily), filled with comments from angry people who say they were fine before they started smoking FSC cigarettes, and are now suffering from adverse health effects. Their complaints include coughing up blood, splitting headaches, nausea and vomiting, sores in the mouth and throat, winding up in the hospital, and disgust with their government.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I remember hearing about it before it happened too. Some kind of glue like substance that makes analogs go out if not puffed on frequently. You know big tobacco has to love that, a way to make smokers burn them up even faster. Never mind the health problems it causes.

Glad I vape and don't smoke.

Morning and after meals was the hardest for me, but, I just kept reminding myself of all the mess and nasty chemicals I was avoiding and, forced myself to vape instead. After a couple of months, the vape became the habit and, what I instinctively expected. Didn't take long for me to stop picturing lighting up and start picturing pressing the button on my PV.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I actually welcomed FSC because before that, I'd go through a lot of cigs without taking more than 3 or 4 puffs and then they'd burn down to nothing in the ashtray. With the FSC, the cig would go out, I'd relight and take a puff, the cig would go out, I'd relight, and so on, so that I actually consumed fewer cigs per day. That being said, I wasn't aware of the health issues until now, but looking back, the intro of FSC cigs was when my cough and breathing became much worse. Now I understand.... And the ANTZ want us to go back to smoking this crap! :-x

Tache

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
BC Canada
Wow! I noticed that the last couple of years I smoked, more impact on my lungs in terms of morning hacking and even the odd wheeze. I chalked it up to having to change brands when they stopped making Rothman's Reserve and I switched to the "cheapies" - Canadian Classic. I also thought it might have been the cumulative effect of almost 40 years of smoking. Now I wonder if the FSC element had a role to play.

I guess the upside to that is that I was that much more predisposed to try vaping. <Cuddles mod and takes a nice long sweet drag of 555>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread