Still smoking analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffaPuff

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Shallotte, NC
I've been wondering if anyone besides me is vaping but still smoking analogs. I have been using an njoy mini for about 4 weeks now, but I'm still smoking analogs - although less than I was before. In the past couple of weeks I have been reading through a lot of posts and it seems that almost everyone has completely quit analogs. I'm wondering if I should switch to another type of e-cig, maybe a 510? I do thoroughly enjoy vaping but find I still have to have an analog a few times a day. Am I alone in this?

it was the hit of the 510 that got me...
I had a mini cig, and liked it, but it didn't "deliver"...

I think my Mom may be happier with the mini-cig, as she smokes ultra light smokes, and I super strong :lol: but I'll see after I send her her package lol...

I think a heavy smoker needs a stronger e-smoke to get the ball rolling :)

cheers and good luck!

jlcanary

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Owensboro, Ky
It took me almost a month to quit analogs while vaping and I have a 901. You might consider getting a different model, but only if you aren't happy with the one you have. Maybe you should try a slightly higher nicotine level to see if it curbs your craving for analogs. If it doesn't then go back to the nic level you were at before so you don't over do it. I hope everything works out for you!

Valkerie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
Lincoln Park, NJ
It may not be your cigarette, but your nicotine strength. I chain-smoked lights and ordered medium and low cartridges.

I needed high nic - 16 - because of chain smoking and then to work my way down. And once I switched nicotine strength, I stopped wanting analogs.

Just my opinion and your mileage may vary!

I've been wondering if anyone besides me is vaping but still smoking analogs. I have been using an NJOY mini for about 4 weeks now, but I'm still smoking analogs - although less than I was before. In the past couple of weeks I have been reading through a lot of posts and it seems that almost everyone has completely quit analogs. I'm wondering if I should switch to another type of e-cig, maybe a 510? I do thoroughly enjoy vaping but find I still have to have an analog a few times a day. Am I alone in this?

Not alone. Up until we finished our very last ones yesterday (stupid clove ban), my wife and I were both smoking analogs and vaping.

If the device *almost* works for you, I'd recommend at least considering a change in juice. I had to increase the nicotine level a bit (18ish mg instead of 16), and am still wanting one, but mixing menthol with vanilla seems to help quite a bit.

It's not a clove, but it works. ;)

schism61

Aug 26, 2009
KY
www.myspace.com
I Got My 510 3 weeks ago . And smoked my Last analog while it was charging and have not had one since

I have had a pack of analogs Laying on my desk and have not even been tempted to light one up and I was not going into this trying to quit I just wanted to be able to smoke at work . Thought I would Puff on the 510 until I just wanted a Cig and Lucky that time never came , Only bad thing about it is I'm getting more work done now B/c I'm not popping out for a smoke break every hour

Pack and Half a day Smoker for close to 10 years . 510 with 24MG Fluid has taken care of all the urges

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I've been wondering if anyone besides me is vaping but still smoking analogs. I have been using an NJOY mini for about 4 weeks now, but I'm still smoking analogs - although less than I was before. In the past couple of weeks I have been reading through a lot of posts and it seems that almost everyone has completely quit analogs. I'm wondering if I should switch to another type of e-cig, maybe a 510? I do thoroughly enjoy vaping but find I still have to have an analog a few times a day. Am I alone in this?
Nope, you are not alone. I still smoke some cigs but very few. I have one in the morning with coffee which I have no intention of stopping, then the rest of the day, I vape. However, if I have alcohol, I smoke cigs. I have a 510, a laser mod and a VP1, so it's not really about the model itself. It is more about what you want out of vaping. If you are determined to quit smoking by vaping, you will. Remember, these are NOT smoking cessation products; they are smoking alternative products. I have been vaping since Jan. 09. At first I had 4-5 cigarettes a day, but now I am down to that one in the morning. You can really take it as far as you want.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I had the 510 and it got me off the analogs, but it was sooooo much work! Cleaning the atty etc... The taste was inconsistant and the only time I could get a throat hit is if I dripped on the atty or topped of the cart. I wasn't willing to get a big mod thing to carry around with me and make it work better. I just wanted something to pick up and go so I got VaporKing from Vapor4Life and WOW! My 510 is gathering dust and I am happily vaping away on my VK! If you want to see what people think about it, come see the forum here Vapor4Life - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat I am thrilled with my VaporKing and can't imagine ever going back to analogs! Good luck with whatever you end up getting! Anything that can keep you off the cigs is ok in my book! ;)

david 1300c

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
near emmaus, pa
I'm still smoking analogs too, but then again I've only just gotten some e-cigs - Evo and the Joye 510c. I can tell already that I'll probably need to go higher than 24 on the Evo. But I like the automatic battery. The 510 gives me a better experience but not sure I like pressing the button. And getting used to the taste is going to take a while too...

Good luck!

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Portland, Oregon
www.annstorer.com
I quit completely when I first got my 901. It was tough, but I wanted and needed to stop smoking, and the e-cig was the first NRT I've found that made it possible.

Four months later, I still occasionally have a clove (damn you, ban!!) or bum a cigarette if I'm out drinking beer, but that *need* for a cigarette is completely gone. I have one now if I feel like it, and try not to stress too much about it. I never thought I'd be able to do this, and I'm incredibly grateful to the creators of the PV technology for finally, finally allowing this kind of thing to happen.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
It took me a couple of months to get rid of the last 3 cigs a day that I felt I needed. One when I woke up, one after dinner and one before I went to bed. I keep a bottle of 36mg around for the times when I feel I need a cig, drip 2-3 drops on the atty and it really helps with the urge to smoke. Like the others said, you might need a different level of nicotine. A friend of mine that smoked less than me vapes 36mg most of the time. I smoked 2 ppd and 24mg vaped regularly gives me a huge headache. Everyone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread