Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
Take the switch apart and clean it well then use it and use it some more. Almost everyone's Stingray clone was a little crunchy when first received and new. If you use it for a couple of days it should be much much better. I like my switch better than the nemesis now. Probably based on looks as they both work great!
Exactly what I did and it immediately worked perfectly. No problems with the switch anymore (hcigar)

2easy

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
houston b.c. canada
My Stingray switch works perfectly and this,I think is why.By trial and error,mostly error I found that if assembled in this order it pretty much sets itself up.First unscrew switch and pin cap from battery tube.Check pin cap to verify the pin moves up and down.Then screw pin cap to the bottom of the tankomizer.Next screw empty tube(s) onto the bottom of the pin cap.Next insert appropriate battery,nipple end first into battery tube.Before screwing on the switch,make sure the locking ring is screwed all the way onto the battery tube.Now screw the switch assembly on to the battery tube until snug.Assembling the Stingray in this order will allow the features of the unit to self adjust.The floating pin,the battery anti rattle, the lock ring,and the Nemusis-like switch will all self adjust when you"Snug up"the switch.Hope this helps.

2easy

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
houston b.c. canada
My infinte stingray does not have this problem. Sometimes it does not fire because I accidently press it a little too soft. I love the button, it works great. I managed to lock my lock ring into the mod body though, .... It is reverse threaded right, so I should turn it clockwise to loosen?

Don't know about yours but my lock ring isn't reverse threaded.Counter clockwise loosens mine.But I did notice that the lock ring is so thin,it will actually bind from the pressure of trying to grab it firmly.Try using a rubber glove or elastic for friction and then apply just enough pressure to get ahold of the bugger.

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
I have two hcigar and a infinite Stingray clone. Of the three only one switch actually works acceptably. By that I mean it does work, but they basically sit in my mod stand looking pretty. My four Nemesis, two Caravella, my Oriigen, Atomo V2, and Magneto all work flawlessly. The Stingray's in my opinion look fantastic and work like sh¡t. With my Sony VTC4 / VTC5 batteries they seem to work better than my Efest 2100mah 30A's. I believe it's due to the battery wrap covering more on the base of the Efest's. I bought them all at the same time, had I known the switch was crap, I'd have never bought one. My Dad has two Stingrays and he has the same problem with both of them. When I want to use one, I swap the switch off a Nemesis to avoid the frustration. I've cleaned, lubricated, polished all of the three and have had no luck. Oh well...the look good on the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread