Status
Not open for further replies.

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
I would vote for a mechanical switch retrofit for the Prodigy v1. The switch is definitely the weak link in this device from my perspective. Having invested in two Prodigies, I doubt I will move to the v2. If that is the major upgrade, why not have them available for those of us who have already bought Prodigies?

lexgar

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Greater LA, SoCal
Was just on PS website looking for the new mech switch for my Protege.

I got 2nd run and have had just one issue with a protected battery that pushed the tact switch out of place. Battery was a tight fit and I managed to peel off a piece of insulation on the battery which now does not work at all. Other protected bat works fine.

Want to pre-order mech switch, but do not see it listed on the site yet. :confused:
Will it be under Protege or accessories? Seems pricey at $20 considering that I have already bought the Protege, but I know you have to recover costs for development of this thing.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
FYI -- First 5 people to order a USB extension will get one shipping immediately ... who will it be .... who will it be ;) I had roughly 10 Prototypes made ... 5 went out to the field and 5 were held back. Thus the reason 5 are ready to go -- No changes are being made from Prototype to Production unit!!!!

GOOOOO!!!!

EDIT: Actually, make that 4 ... 1 Put Aside for Monk :)

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
awesome...and ordered the switch.

i love the idea of the usb adapter, i just hardly stay wired to one spot! ;) may get it just in case though!

happy thanksgiving, puresmoker crew.

Hope you enjoy it Flitz! Have always appreciate your support Brother! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well bud!

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
It seems that the switches just went up on PS site. Is listed under Protege right under old tact switch. I just put in my order.

Would be nice if shipping were free for those of us who paid full price for the Protege though.

I'm just sayin...:p
Just ordered my switch .... lol yeah I just got my Protege Monday .... I wouldn't object to some Fudge Atomz slipping in my package though *wink wink*

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
just ordered the switch and usb extension and some adapters
then I realized there might have been a coupon code for ECF members or something that I didn't enter. did I miss out on a nice discount ?
oh well I'm sure it will be worth whatever I paid

also is CashTAB similiar to DK-TAB ? was going to order some to find out for myself but seemed to not be in stock

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
I forgot to ask this earlier:

Is this new switch something the average user can install fairly easily?

Is the other replacement switch the same or easier/harder to self-install?

Thanks

the new switch:

IMG_1625.jpg

borrowed from another post...

"Button Will Be Black Delrin -- Button Housing Will Be Anodized Black/Aluminum" -puresmoker.com

should be really easy to switch out

as for the other switch... i think you have to solder that in on your own or send yours into puresmoker if it's broken. it's not such an easy task...

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
the new switch:

borrowed from another post...

"Button Will Be Black Delrin -- Button Housing Will Be Anodized Black/Aluminum" -puresmoker.com

should be really easy to switch out

as for the other switch... i think you have to solder that in on your own or send yours into puresmoker if it's broken. it's not such an easy task...

Thanks!

So if this one does not use soldering, how does it make the correct(s) contact with the old parts in the Protege?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread