Stock Update: Mechanical Switches -- Protege USB Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVP

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
MN,USA
Let me see what I can do for all my V1 folks ... :) I can guarantee, the first mechanical switch available won't have a 5v option ... It will only be 3.7/6v .... Are you guys ok with that?

I forgot all about the resistor in the switch! Is it possible to make a mechanical one for 5v? This is indeed the sweet spot and I only use my Prodigy at 5v! Can this be an option in the future?

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
kinda what i was thinking as well...that the mechanical switch = no soldering = no resistor = no 5v option.

i've been tossing around the idea of getting a resistorless switch anyway for Prodigy, even though i love the 5v as well, but i'll gladly take a mech switch for 3.7/6v if available.

The Prodigy V2 is supposed to use a mechanical switch and do around 5v. Maybe Steve is planning to use an alloy in the switch to provide some resistance.

Spiker

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Santa Cruz Mountains
So I am considering the Protoge with the USB thingy, as I want to try 5 volt... but now I am tempted to wait for the Prodigy V2, as that will be 5 volt also (correct?). I assume it will have the cool new switch, etc, but will there be a USB option for it as well? How about a 'Super Deluxe Kit' that comes with USB as well as the whole battery thing? I like the idea of a whole 'system'.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Are these shipping yet? I have an order for both a mechanical switch and passthrough adapter thingy. Just curious...
me too, a mechanical switch and thingy... I was going to wait one more day to ask but since fpeaking asked...i thought why not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread