Update: Ace/808 Adapters, Mechanical Switches, USB's, Prodigy V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

invidregis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2008
Chicago, USA
I have the regular 901 adaptor I wonder what the difference is between the new one. Is it an easy change to get it to work with cartomizers? I would like to know what changes were done to the 901 adaptor. Hate to buy another one. I originaly bought it to use cartomizers.

I believe Steve said that he was drilling holes in the center post of the adapter.

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I have the regular 901 adaptor I wonder what the difference is between the new one. Is it an easy change to get it to work with cartomizers? I would like to know what changes were done to the 901 adaptor. Hate to buy another one. I originaly bought it to use cartomizers.

The modded adapters are slotted and drilled for airfolw.

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI

Since it's just the inner adapter portion that needs to be changed, wonder if they would be up for an grade option for a reasonable price. Doesn't hurt to ask. (Sorry Casey, I know your over worked already).

hueysds

ECF Veteran
do you guys expect to have the protege switches delivered before christmas? im going out of country after and it would be nice to have it.

Judging by the USPS delivery overload these days I'm going to just offer a caution that since they aren't shipping before Monday (at the earliest) since Casey's out they prolly won't make it by Christmas. It could possibly make it depending on how close to Tennessee you are and how efficient your post office is, but I've been waiting on USPS to drop a liquid package off at my house that the tracking said was out for delivery on Tuesday. It's their busy season. ;-)

Last edited:

hueysds

ECF Veteran
Since it's just the inner adapter portion that needs to be changed, wonder if they would be up for an grade option for a reasonable price. Doesn't hurt to ask. (Sorry Casey, I know your over worked already).

(answering questions out of order)

There is an upgrade option - here for $19.99. Is that what you are looking for or am I missing something?

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC

Just go my Ace/901 adapter today. Looks like the parts that would have to changed would be much more expensive to make than the SS housing. Then you have to press out the old and press in the new. With the extra labor I doubt you'd get much of a discount.

My first impression is that the draw is too light. I wish the intake hole had been drilled a bit smaller :(

Steve mentioned he was having them made with a smaller hole since most people voted for the tighter draw.

Steve, maybe I got one of the first ones with the larger hole?

hueysds

ECF Veteran
I think she was referring to the 901 adapter, not the mechanical switch

Oh, right, I knew what she was talking about just posted the wrong price and link (it was late), here's the right link and it's $21.99.

Although now that you mention it maybe she was actually talking about sending her 901 back and getting it drilled for cheaper?

hueysds

ECF Veteran
Just go my Ace/901 adapter today. Looks like the parts that would have to changed would be much more expensive to make than the SS housing. Then you have to press out the old and press in the new. With the extra labor I doubt you'd get much of a discount.

My first impression is that the draw is too light. I wish the intake hole had been drilled a bit smaller :(

Steve mentioned he was having them made with a smaller hole since most people voted for the tighter draw.

Do you have an Ace to compare it to? I love the draw on the Ace, is it lighter than that?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA

Hey Lotus ... nope, you got one with the smaller hole -- Size 57 :) There were only 2 made with the larger drill bit (size 61/62 -- I believe) and Huey has 1 and I have the other.

I do have even tougher draw adapters lotus -- They are hit and miss when drilled, so if the draw is a bit too tight, I have it redone.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Hey Lotus ... nope, you got one with the smaller hole -- Size 57 :) There were only 2 made with the larger drill bit (size 61/62 -- I believe) and Huey has 1 and I have the other.

I do have even tougher draw adapters lotus -- They are hit and miss when drilled, so if the draw is a bit too tight, I have it redone.

Thanks Steve. :) I'm sure it's tough to drill a single hole the exact size you want. The tolerance there is quite small. I've drilled a few 901 batts to use with the 808s, so I know how that goes.

We'll see how it goes once I get my Protege back from the repair shop. I'm sure I can use a little something to tighten that hole up a bit if I need to. If not, I'll let you know. ;)

hueysds

ECF Veteran

Ha, does that mean I was the first order? Hope it's not too light or I'll hafta order another... ;-)

Edit: I won't get it until Sunday, had it shipped to the place we are staying for the first part of our Christmas adventure.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Ha, does that mean I was the first order? Hope it's not too light or I'll hafta order another... ;-)

Edit: I won't get it until Sunday, had it shipped to the place we are staying for the first part of our Christmas adventure.

Huey ... I had a brain fart :-x LOL

I mean JGrubb -- Not you Huey -- Not sure why you came to mind! Must have been thinking about ya bud for some reason :) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread