Stop Vaping...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
In that case (given the limited quantities of liquid you are allowed to bring on a plane) it might be advantageous to bring a 50ml bottle of pure 100mg nic base. That way you can buy as much 0nic in Japan as needed and just add some nic to it. That 50ml 100mg would allow him to make over 800ml of 6mg/ml liquid.
Good idea - I am curious about the Japanese customs. Is it considered rude to vape while they are all puffing away? And what about the laws - Can you get in trouble for bringing in nic?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

Lol.......wow, two "onians" in one post [emoji38]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I think so much of this is a Factor of Time. Because there was a Time when I would have Freaked Out if I forgot my Mod or it Stopped Working.

But I haven't felt like that for Many Years. Vaping today is more of a Habit. Verses more of a Need.
For sure. Since the time factor does not work for analogs, I think that it is pretty obvious that it is the cocktail of junk in analogs that is so highly addictive and much more than just the nic.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I really liked smoking, but I quit twice over the decades, once for almost two years, and started back during a stressful time. Smokes were just a good way to reduce work stress and relax at home.

I don't plan on quitting vaping. It's a replacement for smokes that has actually improved my health over smoking 2 PAD. Even my doctor agrees that vaping is good for me if it keeps me from smoking cigarettes. I can exercise without huffing and puffing.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
For sure. Since the time factor does not work for analogs, I think that it is pretty obvious that it is the cocktail of junk in analogs that is so highly addictive and much more than just the nic.

Completely Agree.

In Fact, the Opposite I think is True. The Longer someone Smokes, the Harder and Harder it is to Quit.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I would love to generalize and say "lets not fool ourselves into thinking we actually have a choice". But i do get into trouble when i start saying we are not so different from each other. (Seems generalizing about people isn't at all popular in any case).

So speaking for myself, i would have to say that, as addictive as nicotine is, the chances of actually stopping myself from using nicotine are absolute zero.

I could say "if i were to quit vaping, and so on...etc". But there is absolutely nothing in it at all, it's just talk. There are only two alternatives. Either go back to smoking, and eventually decide vaping didn't work. Or, after a prolonged length of time not vaping, to start vaping again.

I remember a phrase from a movie (Blades of Glory- Jimmy MacElroy) which went "if you can dream it, you can do it !".

It's just so ridiculous !. :lol::lol:

Reactions: stols001

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I smoked for 45+ years. I made the switch from smoking to vaping 11/13/11 so just over 6 years ago. I still have 39 years to go to even out smoking vs vaping. I know myself well enough to know that if I stopped vaping, got rid of my vaping equipment and couldn't get more it would be just a matter of time before I would be back to smoking. I have assured that I will never be caught in that position.

I made the switch from smoking to vaping March 6, 2010. 44 years of smoking ... 36 of those years trying to quit. After a couple of years of vaping I started getting pressure from my Smoke-Nazi cousin about quitting vaping. I assured her I'd stop vaping for good ... a couple of days before my funeral.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I didn't start vaping to stop smoking. it was completely my idea to do both but never wanted another cigarette. I have no nicotine cravings. I just enjoy vaping

I enjoyed smoking. I stumbled upon an infomercial online back in 2010 that told the story of a reporter who covered an online vaping company who sold vaping hardware. She took part in a test to see if vaping could replace smoking. By the end of her 2 week trial she had put down her cigarettes and switched completely to vaping. I decided to order one from another online supplier and experienced the same sudden reduction in cigarette use.

I used vaping and a few cigarettes a day for a while and finally dropped the cigs completely. There were no withdrawal difficulties and I haven't touched or wanted a cigarette since. It's been 8 years now and I never looked back. Vaping is the cure.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I might just quit tomorrow . Pretty doubtful, but I might.

It's easier than you think. Vaping recreates the hand to mouth habit that we are (were) all hooked on. You get the vapor and the nicotine that allows you to inhale and exhale vapor. The only thing missing is the smoke once you find the right juice and vapor replaces that. Tobacco flavors are all over the place, but the right one will satisfy your favorite cigarette flavor to some extent.

Many of us vape unflavored juice at least half the time. It's close enough to the tobacco experience to satisfy.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have no intention to quit vaping since my wife and I have had a extraordinary vape experience over the almost 5 years, very little to no hassles due to researching the buys, rebuilding and DIY. I smoked 35 years and its something in the ciggy that causes the anxiety that we use to call nicfits. Leaving the house without your smokes was MAJOR catastrophe and decision too go back or buy some. Leave the house without your vape...Owell. I don't have nicfits like with ciggys or its hours of no vape before feeling weird enough to want to have a vape eventhough I vape 9 juice.
IMO...nicotine is blamed far more than it really affects you when in vaping all other factors of the ciggy is removed except for the nic and I don't have the fits, cravings or the gonna die if I don't have a smoke NOW feelings I use to have.
Mornings....before fumbling to light that smoke...now enjoy some coffee first then have some vape......no morning craving for that smoke that you'll knock your grandmother out of the way to get to that pack.
I have enough nic I can will some to my grandkids, VG and PG are plentiful and easy to get so even if I vape unflavored I'll like said before a couple days before my funeral I'll quit vaping.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
It's easier than you think. Vaping recreates the hand to mouth habit that we are (were) all hooked on. You get the vapor and the nicotine that allows you to inhale and exhale vapor. The only thing missing is the smoke once you find the right juice and vapor replaces that. Tobacco flavors are all over the place, but the right one will satisfy your favorite cigarette flavor to some extent.

Many of us vape unflavored juice at least half the time. It's close enough to the tobacco experience to satisfy.
I meant I might quit vaping. I quit smoking 6 years ago. Marlboro didn't make a custard flavor.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I don't "resent" vaping at all nor did I intend to come across as if I do. I am very thankful for vaping as it got me away from the smokes.

However, we are not over the smoking addiction so long as we need to vape in order to stay off the smokes. We might be away from the smokes, but we've conquered no addiction if we need to vape in order to not smoke.

I want to conquer - not settle for lesser harm. Do people chew nicotine gum for life? Or wear patches? Or take meds for life to keep off the smokes?

I want to do whatever I do by choice, not because I'd smoke cigarettes otherwise. ...

Hope that makes sense.

For some people the addiction is never gone.

My father used to tell me a story when I first started smoking. A guy he worked with quit for 10 years. The whole time he kept his last pack in his pocket as a reminder. One day in the pub after work, for no particular reason he pulled the pack out and lit one up. It was so dry it burned all the way down after one puff, but he went to the bar and bought another pack, and just like that he was a smoker again.

Alcoholics say the same thing. You can beat it back until you don't even know it's there any more, but it's lurking waiting for it's chance.

Not a risk I want to take.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

My father used to tell me a story when I first started smoking. A guy he worked with quit for 10 years. The whole time he kept his last pack in his pocket as a reminder. One day in the pub after work, for no particular reason he pulled the pack out and lit one up. It was so dry it burned all the way down after one puff, but he went to the bar and bought another pack, and just like that he was a smoker again.

Alcoholics say the same thing. You can beat it back until you don't even know it's there any more, but it's lurking waiting for it's chance.

Not a risk I want to take.
"You can't unring a bell" or "I got the monkey off my back but the circus is still in town"

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago

This is true for me. Not with cigarettes, I seriously have no desire/craving/whatever to ever go back. Now Chicago Deep Dish Pizza...mmmmmmm. There can't be pizza in the house and me not eat it. I'm convinced vitamin DDP is a life giver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread