Stronger Vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austinjp17

Aug 7, 2019
Hello everyone, I don't vape that often, usually once every few hours because I am chasing the buzz. I used a juul for a few weeks and it was perfect but I got tired of spending a bunch of money on pods so I switched to a vape about a week ago. I got the orion Lost q and have been overall disappointed because even when I hit it in the morning I don't feel anything. I thought maybe I just had to up the nicotine so I got 100mg Nicotine to cut my juice with and now it's at 14 mg/ml. It's definitely a harsher throat hit but still I get no buzz off of it. Can someone point me towards a vape that hits a little harder or tell me what I should look for?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Hello everyone, I don't vape that often, usually once every few hours because I am chasing the buzz. I used a juul for a few weeks and it was perfect but I got tired of spending a bunch of money on pods so I switched to a vape about a week ago. I got the orion Lost q and have been overall disappointed because even when I hit it in the morning I don't feel anything. I thought maybe I just had to up the nicotine so I got 100mg Nicotine to cut my juice with and now it's at 14 mg/ml. It's definitely a harsher throat hit but still I get no buzz off of it. Can someone point me towards a vape that hits a little harder or tell me what I should look for?
The 100mg per mL you bought, that's freebase? The Orion quest, I think is the long name, is, iirc, a 27w max device. If that's the case, you should look for commercial juice in the 25-35 nic salt range. That should give you something like a juul hit. Freebase can be taken that high, but will have, as you experienced, a massive throat hit, and can affect flavor more.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hello everyone, I don't vape that often, usually once every few hours because I am chasing the buzz. I thought maybe I just had to up the nicotine so I got 100mg Nicotine to cut my juice with and now it's at 14 mg/ml. It's definitely a harsher throat hit but still I get no buzz off of it.
Lots of new members chasing the buzz. Not buying it
@Beamslider , I'm with you.

@Austinjp17 , if you are purely seeking a "high" or buzz, then you're clearly on the wrong forum and using the wrong substances.

The folks on this forum are vaping to stop smoking. Not to get a buzz or head rush. We consider vaping a "harm reduction" alternative of nicotine delivery as opposed to smoking. We consider vaping to be a lifesaver. It's difficult for most of us here to promote the use of e-cigarettes for anything else.

Vaping is getting enough bad press as it is. We don't need thrill seekers to feed the flames.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hello everyone, I don't vape that often, usually once every few hours
so actually quite often then
because I am chasing the buzz.
I can already see this will end very badly. The term used to be “chasing the dragon”. It never ends well.
I used a juul for a few weeks and it was perfect but I got tired of spending a bunch of money on pods so I switched to a vape about a week ago.
You realize a JUUL is just a kind of vape, right?
I got the orion Lost q and have been overall disappointed because even when I hit it in the morning I don't feel anything. I thought maybe I just had to up the nicotine so I got 100mg Nicotine to cut my juice with and now it's at 14 mg/ml. It's definitely a harsher throat hit but still I get no buzz off of it. Can someone point me towards a vape that hits a little harder or tell me what I should look for?
I can tell you exactly what to look for: an addiction center you junkie.
JUULs are 50mg/ml. They’re some of the strongest vape devices made. Double what the original legal maximum was. There ISNT anything stronger. They’re already twice as strong as anything else.
Chasing the dragon never works in the long term and always ends in tears. Or worse. Always.
You, you lucky devil, get the exquisite joy of getting to kick a drug habit.

Austinjp17

Aug 7, 2019
The 100mg per mL you bought, that's freebase? The Orion quest, I think is the long name, is, iirc, a 27w max device. If that's the case, you should look for commercial juice in the 25-35 nic salt range. That should give you something like a juul hit. Freebase can be taken that high, but will have, as you experienced, a massive throat hit, and can affect flavor more.
I'm using red apple juice 6 mg. it's a nic salt and around the same nicotine concentration so I expected it to be around the same hit

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I'm using red apple juice 6 mg. it's a nic salt and around the same nicotine concentration so I expected it to be around the same hit
There are different types of salt. You mentioned 100mg that you are adding. Is that salt also? Do you have a link to the juices you're using? A picture of the label perhaps? Mixing your own juice can be dangerous if you don't know what you have.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
so actually quite often then I can already see this will end very badly. The term used to be “chasing the dragon”. It never ends well.

You realize a JUUL is just a kind of vape, right?

I can tell you exactly what to look for: an addiction center you junkie.
JUULs are 50mg/ml. They’re some of the strongest vape devices made. Double what the original legal maximum was. There ISNT anything stronger. They’re already twice as strong as anything else.
Double the "original legal maximum"? When was there a legal maximum? I recall White Cloud Fling cig-a-likes at up to 5.4% nicotine (freebase) (still available it seems), and a Vuse product with 48mg/ml freebase (also still available it seems) --- I didn't use either of these, but I did buy some commercial juices in 32mg/ml and 36mg/ml strengths back in 2013 when I started.

Interestingly, but off topic for this thread, one paper I came across comparing ecigs to real cigs has a chart that is rather similar to the widely seen Juul chart ... and it was a Vuse ecig with 48mg/ml freebase nicotine that came closest to a real cig ... suggesting Juul's faster/stronger uptake might be more related to the nic strength itself than the fact that is a nicotine-benzoate formulation.

article: Nicotine delivery to users from cigarettes and from different types of e-cigarettes

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Double the "original legal maximum"? When was there a legal maximum? I recall White Cloud Fling cig-a-likes at up to 5.4% nicotine (freebase) (still available it seems), and a Vuse product with 48mg/ml freebase (also still available it seems) --- I didn't use either of these, but I did buy some commercial juices in 32mg/ml and 36mg/ml strengths back in 2013 when I started.

Interestingly, but off topic for this thread, one paper I came across comparing ecigs to real cigs has a chart that is rather similar to the widely seen Juul chart ... and it was a Vuse ecig with 48mg/ml freebase nicotine that came closest to a real cig ... suggesting Juul's faster/stronger uptake might be more related to the nic strength itself than the fact that is a nicotine-benzoate formulation.

article: Nicotine delivery to users from cigarettes and from different types of e-cigarettes
Perhaps my mistake listening to B&M storekeeps again. I remember being told it was 25mg/ml which is why I couldn’t get juice stronger than 24mg/ml. Perhaps it was a location based thing, perhaps it was an out and out lie. The EU has some sort of strength maximum iirc. Might be lower than that though

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Perhaps my mistake listening to B&M storekeeps again. I remember being told it was 25mg/ml which is why I couldn’t get juice stronger than 24mg/ml. Perhaps it was a location based thing, perhaps it was an out and out lie. The EU has some sort of strength maximum iirc. Might be lower than that though
Dude at the "smoke" shop told me PA doesn't allow non-vspe shops to carry higher than 35mg... But the c-store has 30mL 60mg salt bottles.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Dude at the "smoke" shop told me PA doesn't allow non-vspe shops to carry higher than 35mg... But the c-store has 30mL 60mg salt bottles.
Yep there a lot of BS out there all right. And to make it more fun it keeps changing.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread