Struggling today

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraijill

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Oregon High Desert
I'm about 9 or 10 days in to being totally smoke free after getting my pv on June 1st, had a few in those first few weeks but none at all since early last week. So far, it's been easier than I had any right to hope after 25 years of smoking a pack a day, but yesterday and today I am really really struggling with cravings, missing the first one in the morning and especially the one right after I EAT! Seriously, I'm ready to quit eating and go on an all liquid diet just to avoid how desperately I want a cigarette after I eat a meal. I almost went and bought a pack after dinner last night. But I didn't. And I won't. I just needed to say it, preferably to people who understand, and i feel much better for having done so. thanks for listening, ECF, I wouldn't have made it this far without you. whining completed. :blink:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
buy a bottle of higher mg nic liquid that is your favorite. Vape it in the morning and after eating. You are still going through some withdrawal but I promise, it gets easier. I've been vaping for 9 months now and always hit a higher mg in the morning. I do once in a while after eating but I try the hardest I can not to and it's worked. So go getcha a bottle...you won't regret it. Before long, stinkies will be a thing of your past. If you need to rant some more, please do so as we all have done it and we're all here to help you get through it.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
A good strong menthol liquid can really help kick cravings. I never smoked menthol, but loved it as a ciggy replacement when I first started vaping because 24mg was just too much and didn't agree with me. I also looked for flavors that were close to dirty ashtray smoking (tobacco flavors) and that really helped too. Next was a higher voltage mod and that REALLY helped.

Good for you for hanging tough!!

samuraijill

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Oregon High Desert
Maybe you've already done this, but have you tried using a higher mg nic juice while you're trying to totally kick the stinky sticks? Maybe you're just not getting enough nic to quell the cravings.

Hope it gets easier for you.

I'm on 24 now, I have considered getting something in 36 but jeez, ya know? Plus I'm not sure who sells that strength and has great quality - any suggestions?

edit : guess that's a good question for elsewhere, i'll ask in the appropriate place

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I'm on 24 now, I have considered getting something in 36 but jeez, ya know? Plus I'm not sure who sells that strength and has great quality - any suggestions?

edit : guess that's a good question for elsewhere, i'll ask in the appropriate place

I started with 24mg, went to 30mg, then 36mg to kill the cravings, vaped if my eyes were open.
Then after a while I've found I can now put my PV down, and have lowered the nic back to about
24-28mg even while vaping a lot less. MadVapes carries 36mg, and their TopVapor tobacco has
a near cig flavor and TH.

p.s. guess if it's your thread, you're allowed to go off topic! LOL
especially if you're jonesing

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona

Tasty Vapor sells 1oz bottles and has the option for 36mg and 48mg.
Welcome to Tasty Vapor

Indy Vapor Shop sells 36mg (at the bottom of the drop down menu) Premium Custom Mix

American ELiquid Store also sells 36 Flavored eLiquids - American eLiquid Store

A 5 volt passthrough is inexpensive, and can help up the nic intake when at home (use a usb plug in wallwart like comes with an iPhone to run it) Model 510 Pass-through 3.7 & 5.0 Volt or an inexpensive variable voltage mod (I like 4.2 v better than 5v, so makes it possible to put the voltage where you want it) Variable Voltage Box Mod

samuraijill

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Oregon High Desert
Ok I'm convinced I need some higher strength, I've wanted to try Tasty Vapor anyway, they are well-reviewed and I believe they are on the west coast so shipping should be quickish.

Thanks for all the support guys and gals, these really have been a tough few days, but if I can make it to 2 weeks (3 more days) I will just feel so successful.....and I'm guessing that it will still be a **tch. But I still have my sense of humor, my pv has let me keep it, so I'll be all right!

blue8091

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Vape Town
Hang in there - as they say, this too shall pass.

Among the many experienced vapors on this forum - I'm just a newbie and approaching my 3wk mark. I smoked 30 years 1-1.5 ppd. I went cold turkey and have not had any cig cravings..YET.

What kinda juice are you using? I purposely decided to stay away from anything tobacco related as far as flavor went. For the first 7 days used menthol and peppermint - then I found some really out of this world juice at Vermillion River Ejuice and I'm personally hooked on the hot cinnamon - but sampled all of their fruits and like them all - just can't put the HC down!! On the other hand - I've seen nothing but rave reviews on their tobacco line.

Maybe trying some strong flavors along with upping your nic a bit will help. I'm finding that the HC burst of sweet and strong cinnamon (like a red hot) is so awesome - it's also cured my craving for sweets...weird. However, it is a really, really strong red hot/cinnamon flavor and some ppl just can't do it. LOL makes me feel even weirder..but I get over it really quickly..with my next vape!!

Anyway - you already have some great advice and don't give up!!! You can check out Vermillion River reviews in numerous placed on the forum - just do a search!

:vapor:

Last edited:

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
I'm about 9 or 10 days in to being totally smoke free after getting my pv on June 1st, had a few in those first few weeks but none at all since early last week. So far, it's been easier than I had any right to hope after 25 years of smoking a pack a day, but yesterday and today I am really really struggling with cravings, missing the first one in the morning and especially the one right after I EAT! Seriously, I'm ready to quit eating and go on an all liquid diet just to avoid how desperately I want a cigarette after I eat a meal. I almost went and bought a pack after dinner last night. But I didn't. And I won't. I just needed to say it, preferably to people who understand, and i feel much better for having done so. thanks for listening, ECF, I wouldn't have made it this far without you. whining completed. :blink:

Hang in there!!!!!! I really know what your going through. I quit smoking over 4 months ago, and I am just now starting to NOT crave cigarettes. I did what people say NOT to do, When I got the really baaaaaad cravings I used my PV and chewed nicorette. The PV gives you so much less nicotine intake than a real cigarette that was the only way I found myself not breaking down and lighting a smoke. I luckly NEVER cheated and smoked again (although I wanted to sometimes) Now I find myself having cravings for my PV instead of a cigarette. Good luck and do your best to stick with it, you will be so proud of yourself if you do.

GIGGITY!!!

samuraijill

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Oregon High Desert
well i haven't cheated and found some all-day vapes that I just looooove, Backwoods Brew to the rescue! I actually bought lower nic this time - 18 - and I find I can use it more steadily (think pacifier) and not be up all night, getting more sleep is helping that irritability. but, o, lord, some minutes of some days are agony!

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
You have to remember that a PV only has a few ingredients as compared to an analog cigarette. Also something few know is that several of the chemicals in analogs are there to make them more addictive, you will go through some withdrawal. It's not as bad as trying to do it without the nic.

I increased my mg from 18 to 24 until I got over the chemicals, now I usually vape 11mg, unless I'm facing something like mid-terms or finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread