Sunbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
OK, the reason they've not shipped yet is their manufacturer had production errors + holidays, so they're waiting on parts. They said it might take a few days, but promised to update me as soon as they know more. If nothing happens in a week or so I'll ask for my money back and get something else, but I really want this one.

*sigh*

This is turning into a whole thing.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
So sorry @ducasse, it sucks and they should have put something up on their site so you knew. For what it's worth,
the little bugger is growing on me and I grab for it more than I thought. Of course, now it need a case of some sort because one drop and it'll crack something. I'll see what works and report so maybe you have a DIY case option when it comes ;)

AD
OK, the reason they've not shipped yet is their manufacturer had production errors + holidays, so they're waiting on parts. They said it might take a few days, but promised to update me as soon as they know more. If nothing happens in a week or so I'll ask for my money back and get something else, but I really want this one.

*sigh*

This is turning into a whole thing.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
So sorry @ducasse, it sucks and they should have put something up on their site so you knew. For what it's worth,
the little bugger is growing on me and I grab for it more than I thought. Of course, now it need a case of some sort because one drop and it'll crack something. I'll see what works and report so maybe you have a DIY case option when it comes ;)

AD
At least I have one in the mean time, I'm waiting for a Nucleo version and another mech.

I'm sort of considering upgrading to the bundle with the Squape rda, but I didn't really set aside money for that, so it'll have to come out of next month's budget. We'll see, I might talk to them about it.

At least they're responding now, and seem to have a valid reason for the delay. They said it would only be a matter of days, so I'll hold them to that.

Reactions: Aerodan

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com

AD
Oh, and if you do find a case I'd be very interested.

I used to do leather works when I was in rehab 15 years ago, but I'm not sure I could make something that works well. Maybe it's a good time to pick up a new hobby :)

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
I fiddled with some leather today, and I'm drawing a blank as to how a case would fit, be protective and not take away the cool pinky finger hold. Will keep staring at it.

Oh, and if you do find a case I'd be very interested.

I used to do leather works when I was in rehab 15 years ago, but I'm not sure I could make something that works well. Maybe it's a good time to pick up a new hobby :)

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Received these two today:

XShjm__EqWliWFfYhv20TX-RSjGg64jVPmHtP-jYFmpPQUk6jWDB3xybAVO9tKBaJwzUBrmmN4lnUArp4B8_hiodwsLbvJEIKdLC5Bp218Gt1NJmj3dnUuGo1spkBc9CW6QnD-dpSgO53yDpqwYImJwgaQG3Q-Nq2rU-SrwGySNckbi2Eb-sKnpnZ1RF8aDe17aCSkD3TC8JCl4djSDAEHivayR7ViQGdYZ_Y67X7mq-67AuRRzNrtLirxaYAZF2to3qgn_I6YGrvuzKj3L8pn7I13nQlK9md-dTFUMpLKCBvbcvHPItmwUXSrRFSlfrJOzpkTUt4OJR0zkvRKlUC41dGmMJ8oFkVQUvnr3RnD64Hycj96Q9m0YMzVM1F4-G-3fOkDZa5icfabaL72vKDReBziW1p20nmzR22F-b77YLmDMZMuL3Mebrc0W7LzWEnYEwMJfp-wRzzz5HbJf5T1KNtidjDuen85DHD8MSnkFEDXIDKI54_iyjYHncuhKkXWTQXrvQBMKJhT2rAEMNFWQplTd7JWmV_Y7NndaQ859QoZbTFTHDt-1Uvx2U3S3OacnQsQdc3W6BiiInp83j1qCVA_NaD6xiktURSFmWT5HLpo185PS30LxYNRRfGkjrlSqGXdOka8AR59poZ4mEtf5ygAmEYiTDPtw-xj6OqyhlgXHnTsms-WvV-v2uZXynld5buMWvMe5UNq0ORBnaqmvalHuuskQWk1x9rQbGYLsIhyR3pdDq8OZhxS8=w832-h624-no

Now to pop batteries in and see how they fare. No free rda this time, I guess that is one per person.

(Yes, the Game Over is upside down in this picture, I'm not taking a new one :)

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
Congrats!! Glad it came through. Can you remove the screws and flip the plate to see if there's printing on the other side? Note: If you do be VERY careful of the left and right buttons, they are tiny and only held in by the plate itself.

If not, have him send you a new plate, that's just ridiculous, and a defect. Unless you vape in a mirror, in which case it's a feature.

There's a lot of variation in this model. I have a theory... I think Sunbox is getting out of the CNC metal parts usage in their products, and going full 3D plastic. They're using all the old parts to get them sold.. Pure speculation ;) Mine came with a different button, and totally different plate screw configuration.

image.jpg

Last edited:

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Congrats!! Glad it came through. Can you remove the screws and flip the plate to see if there's printing on the other side? Note: If you do be VERY careful of the left and right buttons, they are tiny and only held in by the plate itself.

If not, have him send you a new plate, that's just ridiculous, and a defect. Unless you vape in a mirror, in which case it's a feature.

There's a lot of variation in this model. I have a theory... I think Sunbox is getting out of the CNC metal parts usage in their products, and going full 3D plastic. They're using all the old parts to get them sold.. Pure speculation ;) Mine came with a different button, and totally different plate screw configuration.

View attachment 973970
The faceplate, buttons and screw configuration is different because this is not the DNA version. I already had that one, but wanted the Nucleo as well.

Why do you want me to check the back of the plate? There's nothing wrong with the front?

EDIT: Also, the parts for mine was just manufactured, so I'm not sure your theory holds :)
EDIT 2: If you look closely, you can see it says '360 N' on the faceplate - the 'N' is for 'Nucleo'.

AO0GeZacQT43JzNxnA9J7mmC6iFvDb_-SYxOawNwar3FXWcxqwVgevpeQXAV_vYKw7gzYiKn5YzMFED0AzS58ulFoz_Zp5X-vIozLfAd8aI10oiFKwLJo-I5vaqGqcwgXshshaGYZvp1ZaGqKuLqbaH8F2QkNr6vc3FUNbSoKQUq9-31qWeAf5jWCC6Chyi-gzCijbWBC8xenGmryJuFNFoIL9Xlh2yeyruZxdkxxx9FCBJbbzBKhagOo8xQ4oJJ75hErWZ74Q3gOSssn4jqoCZ3_jA0u2p7omucntCf9g_naxg_025WNUBQlWsDmLjwaTZCGNTtojojE8F02hjj_yMyBNBBHlNheZGAWxNJV7_kjAwzbeqtYuBdl1N-bJOcMgUOsWLE3uPY03fhvUnFni7pBajA4pa6xrqXrnL9imeP5d6wFelnE2RHuWrzs164fbM3xzZ0kCrb3aIVZg8pj110W0CTj-cdHg4aHXg3Qq473naMZK6XVEk0n8TUEnRhe1848koJK9a-p0pszYHD4tkrqwp0l5EAgYhKQaSU1YStfzy6pg0HAvgRh1m0v1x9bCtkDzT9VTOk4i-_RcRBRHAxfBQ34aT-BIZ5QilsyMZhsowIxp_wTO_EQMfhNnsJZ6XmrRVQoKPW4563LcmEtcskKtAqqk42gaACAIvgOf9wZNn1clK9UEFEnFPGp4Nb-PcySPU5DXoKuVEaLNV_cXMSHkTnddFn4-P8uoSirigDB5YomR3OBVvoAC4=w838-h628-no

Reactions: Technonut

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
Wow totally misunderstood you, I thought the backwards image was on the actual metal plate itself, not the picture!! Haha. All looks great.

The faceplate, buttons and screw configuration is different because this is not the DNA version. I already had that one, but wanted the Nucleo as well.

Why do you want me to check the back of the plate? There's nothing wrong with the front?

EDIT: Also, the parts for mine was just manufactured, so I'm not sure your theory holds :)
EDIT 2: If you look closely, you can see it says '360 N' on the faceplate - the 'N' is for 'Nucleo'.

AO0GeZacQT43JzNxnA9J7mmC6iFvDb_-SYxOawNwar3FXWcxqwVgevpeQXAV_vYKw7gzYiKn5YzMFED0AzS58ulFoz_Zp5X-vIozLfAd8aI10oiFKwLJo-I5vaqGqcwgXshshaGYZvp1ZaGqKuLqbaH8F2QkNr6vc3FUNbSoKQUq9-31qWeAf5jWCC6Chyi-gzCijbWBC8xenGmryJuFNFoIL9Xlh2yeyruZxdkxxx9FCBJbbzBKhagOo8xQ4oJJ75hErWZ74Q3gOSssn4jqoCZ3_jA0u2p7omucntCf9g_naxg_025WNUBQlWsDmLjwaTZCGNTtojojE8F02hjj_yMyBNBBHlNheZGAWxNJV7_kjAwzbeqtYuBdl1N-bJOcMgUOsWLE3uPY03fhvUnFni7pBajA4pa6xrqXrnL9imeP5d6wFelnE2RHuWrzs164fbM3xzZ0kCrb3aIVZg8pj110W0CTj-cdHg4aHXg3Qq473naMZK6XVEk0n8TUEnRhe1848koJK9a-p0pszYHD4tkrqwp0l5EAgYhKQaSU1YStfzy6pg0HAvgRh1m0v1x9bCtkDzT9VTOk4i-_RcRBRHAxfBQ34aT-BIZ5QilsyMZhsowIxp_wTO_EQMfhNnsJZ6XmrRVQoKPW4563LcmEtcskKtAqqk42gaACAIvgOf9wZNn1clK9UEFEnFPGp4Nb-PcySPU5DXoKuVEaLNV_cXMSHkTnddFn4-P8uoSirigDB5YomR3OBVvoAC4=w838-h628-no

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Will do, I'm going to compare it to the DNA60 version. Need to order some nickel wire, I only have SS316L ATM.

Personally, I would be more interested in the SS316L results than nickle. According to the Sunbox manual, just use the TCR value of 0.00092 for 316L with the Nucleo..

EDIT:

Sunbox Manual.png

Last edited:

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
Sorry if this is a dumb question - I have Nucleo coming at some point as well, ordered at the same time but slower to arrive.

What would be a good comparison procedure for the Nucleo<->DNA60? Using the Evolv software is great since there's some data that can be generated to back up my subjective opinion, but the Nucleo doesn't appear to have any such software.

Setting the TCR on each is possible via onboard UI, no PC software needed. Each reads ohms, voltage and puff count. I'd assume:

1) Set boost mode off on each.
2) Use the same atty.

...but what would I be looking for? How can I tell which is better?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Sorry if this is a dumb question - I have Nucleo coming at some point as well, ordered at the same time but slower to arrive.

What would be a good comparison procedure for the Nucleo<->DNA60? Using the Evolv software is great since there's some data that can be generated to back up my subjective opinion, but the Nucleo doesn't appear to have any such software.

Setting the TCR on each is possible via onboard UI, no PC software needed. Each reads ohms, voltage and puff count. I'd assume:

1) Set boost mode off on each.
2) Use the same atty.

...but what would I be looking for? How can I tell which is better?

A rudimentary (but effective IMO) approach would be to set up an RDA with a simple round wire, spaced coil of SS316L. Set temp to 420F, juice up, and vape until temp protection kicks in. Be aware of the vape quality, power delivery being smooth or shaky, and overall experience along the way. Keep vaping until cotton is totally dry, remove cotton, and look for any singeing / banding.

Compare both devices in the above manner....

EDIT: Also set wattage the same on both devices....

Last edited:

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
First impressions of the Nucleo chip are really good, but I've only used wattage mode so far. It's much easier to navigate than I feared, and the boost functionality is great. All the functionality you'd want, and then some.

I'm hoping to try out TC tonight or tomorrow, will keep you posted.

Again, these mods are just gorgeous. I'm thinking of ordering an E7.5 next, would really like to hear from someone who has one.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Camo version, very tacticool! I sort of want the metal hardware to be black anodize though.

View attachment 974705
Nice, now you're a real operator, just need the Oakleys :)

Is that the Strange? How do you like it? Not built mine yet, looks slightly awkward to build.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
Oakleys and camo Crocs, will do :)

It's a Strange that came with it. Which is odd because I didn't order that and the last 360GO didn't come with an atty and was the same price. Not complaining at all! I'll report on it after some use. How's the TC comparison going? Do you have any chip preference so far?

RE: attys, I've been hung up on these two Viscuous Ant's for a good while now. The setup is stainless .22ohm four core 316SS claptons from wireoptim, and the ultem cap. They're just a little more restrictive DL and the flavor is better than anything I have so far.

E4A61A02-06FF-4DF2-A86A-FACF1B583A17.jpeg

The Strange is... strange.

1C967CC2-A73D-4C8A-8A41-E604F4F4C3E4.jpeg

Nice, now you're a real operator, just need the Oakleys :)

Is that the Strange? How do you like it? Not built mine yet, looks slightly awkward to build.

Attachments

• E4885FCE-CD03-48AC-B6FB-FE29D00D6855.jpeg
    E4885FCE-CD03-48AC-B6FB-FE29D00D6855.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Oakleys and camo Crocs, will do :)

It's a Strange that came with it. Which is odd because I didn't order that and the last 360GO didn't come with an atty and was the same price. Not complaining at all! I'll report on it after some use. How's the TC comparison going? Do you have any chip preference so far?

RE: attys, I've been hung up on these two Viscuous Ant's for a good while now. The setup is stainless .22ohm four core 316SS claptons from wireoptim, and the ultem cap. They're just a little more restrictive DL and the flavor is better than anything I have so far.

View attachment 974725

The Strange is... strange.

View attachment 974726
Not tried out TC yet, waiting for more wire. Is that the Apex? I'm thinking of ordering one tonight or tomorrow, just need to figure out what to order with it.

I really like the Nucleo, but power drops off quite noticeably as the battery nears empty. It has a lot of features, though.

Since I got the Nucleo I've mostly been vaping that with a Vauban - stellar little atty. Got to put a new build in my Venna on the DNA Game Over.

And yes, they should have named it the Weird. I got one free with my first Game Over, but not the second.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
It's the Apex, yes thanks for picking that up (had forgotten the name). It's been the one and only near perfect restricted DL tank out of a great many used. Nearest to it is the flash-e-vapor BF1, but that requires specific setup with one full open pin and one 1.2mm, and the wicking has to be exactly right. The apex is set-it-and-forget-it.

Not tried out TC yet, waiting for more wire. Is that the Apex? I'm thinking of ordering one tonight or tomorrow, just need to figure out what to order with it.

I really like the Nucleo, but power drops off quite noticeably as the battery nears empty. It has a lot of features, though.

Since I got the Nucleo I've mostly been vaping that with a Vauban - stellar little atty. Got to put a new build in my Venna on the DNA Game Over.

And yes, they should have named it the Weird. I got one free with my first Game Over, but not the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread