Sunbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
It's the Apex, yes thanks for picking that up (had forgotten the name). It's been the one and only near perfect restricted DL tank out of a great many used. Nearest to it is the flash-e-vapor BF1, but that requires specific setup with one full open pin and one 1.2mm, and the wicking has to be exactly right. The apex is set-it-and-forget-it.
What is it that makes the BF-1 so picky on the wicking? I was looking at it, but I'm not a fan of stuff that takes a doctorate to wick properly.

Considering the Aston or the DotRDA 22mm as well.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
The issue I had, that a friend helped me solve, was that there was zero flavor.

Turns out that the airflow holes ride up high, so anything but a really big DL draw doesn't give a flavorful warm vape (to me). The solution was to put the wicking over the post screws, rather than over the wells. That brings the coil up high closer to the airflow pins. Downside is that relegates it to a dripper only, or some wick split I don't know about. For the cost of a real one, and no squonking, it's hard to justify. I'll try to post a pic of the BF1 setup that worked for me.

I've heard good things about that aston too.

AD

What is it that makes the BF-1 so picky on the wicking? I was looking at it, but I'm not a fan of stuff that takes a doctorate to wick properly.

Considering the Aston or the DotRDA 22mm as well.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
Game Over 360 with the BF1 on it. Also replaced the clear button with a carbon nylon 3D printed one, flatter soas not to easily activate in my pocket.

Downside: Can't remove battery with the tank on, it interferes.

D82EDB59-167D-47DF-9655-6ED805DF3305.jpeg

• Optimistic
Reactions: BillW50

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Game Over 360 with the BF1 on it. Also replaced the clear button with a carbon nylon 3D printed one, flatter soas not to easily activate in my pocket.

Downside: Can't remove battery with the tank on, it interferes.

View attachment 974854
Yeah, I sometimes wish there was room for beauty rings, but it's not a major issue.

Did you print the button yourself? I need a 3d printer :-(

I think I'll skip the BF-1, there are others out there that attract me more.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
In case anyone wants to print their own low profile button, here's the file I used. It's Fusion 360 and step format. It's a very simple part, so much so that maybe it's not worth uploading. But maybe it'll help someone! Companies like Shapeways, i.materialize and Fathom can print it online. If there are any issues just let me know.

Sunbox_3D_button

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
In case anyone wants to print their own low profile button, here's the file I used. It's Fusion 360 and step format. It's a very simple part, so much so that maybe it's not worth uploading. But maybe it'll help someone! Companies like Shapeways, i.materialize and Fathom can print it online. If there are any issues just let me know.

Sunbox_3D_button
You were right, the Apex is crazy good, it's even replaced the Venna since I got it, which has sort of been my benchmark. One Game Over has the Apex, the Vauban on the other.

Looking at getting another squonk this month, right now it's between the Sunbox 7.5 and the MMvapors Palm plus. Any other suggestions? Preferably regulated, I'll stock up on mechs later.

Also considering either the BF-1 or a Taifun BTD.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
Glad it worked out! I don't know what it is exactly about the Apex, but the flavor and draw just hit me right.

The BF1 isn't a bad device at all. I do like it, and as long as it's upright it'll never leak... but for me getting the flavor and throat hit right was fiddled. I think others have had no issues at all. It's built really well and looks cool on a lot of mods. Go for it!! Let me know how you like like the flavor in comparison to the apex.

AD

You were right, the Apex is crazy good, it's even replaced the Venna since I got it, which has sort of been my benchmark. One Game Over has the Apex, the Vauban on the other.

Looking at getting another squonk this month, right now it's between the Sunbox 7.5 and the MMvapors Palm plus. Any other suggestions? Preferably regulated, I'll stock up on mechs later.

Also considering either the BF-1 or a Taifun BTD.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Glad it worked out! I don't know what it is exactly about the Apex, but the flavor and draw just hit me right.

I think the great thing about the Apex is the under coil airflow and restricted draw. Might try a new coil in mine today, I think the one I'm running might be a bit small and a bigger one will give me more surface area.

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    To me... the Flash-e-Vapor BF-1 looks about as straight-forward to setup and wick as any RDA I own. Looks like it squonks nicely as well.

These guys coil and wick the BF-1 the same way.

Thanks for the link, he wick different than what I do, I'm generous with the amount of wick too, but I like his idea and will try the same method next time.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I think the great thing about the Apex is the under coil airflow and restricted draw. Might try a new coil in mine today, I think the one I'm running might be a bit small and a bigger one will give me more surface area.
    Currently I'm running a 3id Ni80 30x4/40 0.5Ω coil in my VA Apex. For TC I prefer a 26/36 SS316L 0.4Ω - 0.5Ω coil in the Apex.

My preference for the Apex is a 3id - 3.5id coil. The deck is large enough to fit a 4id but I haven't felt the need to try that yet.

IMHO, with its airflow design the Apex performs better with a larger ID coil.

Reactions: Aerodan

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Hi folks,
    I got my GameOver360 N with Nucleo chipset on Friday.
    Worked fine at first on TC, 304 wire. Changed some attys with no problems, adjusted the pin if needed, same wire 304.

After 20 min the nightmare began, the error message I get is "SHORT OUT PROTECTION".
    It doesn't really matter which atty, the error message comes as soon as I put it in TC, in fact no atty is needed and gives the same error as soon as I touch the button.

In power mode everything works fine.
    I have used the factory setting x number of times as well,

I have also tried 316L later with the same result.

Have any of you with a nucelo chip experienced the same, or anyone have an idea of what I'm overlooking.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
    Apr 28, 2020
    Drammen, Norway
    www.reddit.com
    Hi folks,
    I got my GameOver360 N with Nucleo chipset on Friday.
    Worked fine at first on TC, 304 wire. Changed some attys with no problems, adjusted the pin if needed, same wire 304.

After 20 min the nightmare began, the error message I get is "SHORT OUT PROTECTION".
    It doesn't really matter which atty, the error message comes as soon as I put it in TC, in fact no atty is needed and gives the same error as soon as I touch the button.

In power mode everything works fine.
    I have used the factory setting x number of times as well,

I have also tried 316L later with the same result.

Have any of you with a nucelo chip experienced the same, or anyone have an idea of what I'm overlooking.R
    I have a Nucleo 360 too, but haven't really tested TC on it yet. Have you tried contacting Omegavapor?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread