classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
After 20 min the nightmare began, the error message I get is "SHORT OUT PROTECTION".
It doesn't really matter which atty, the error message comes as soon as I put it in TC, in fact no atty is needed and gives the same error as soon as I touch the button.

Highlighted above is what I find odd...

...Hidden piece of wire clipping in the receiving hole ?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
To me, it sounds like Tor received a faulty mod with (likely) a bad Nucleo chip.

From what I've read about Sunbox they are responsive and do take care of their customers.

They're a good company who has been around a long time and they do have a very loyal following.

Of course a faulty chip is possible...just offering something different to look for before going the return route.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Of course a faulty chip is possible...just offering something different to look for before going the return route.
Your offering is a good one.

I mean, who knows, maybe there is a tiny metal shaving in the 510 interfering with operation.

@Tor R, take a can of compressed air and blow out the crap outta the 510.

• Agree
Reactions: Tor R

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Highlighted above is what I find odd...

...Hidden piece of wire clipping in the receiving hole ?
    I'll go through the 510 and blow it clean.
    It is best to eliminate any errors that may lie here before I contact SunBox.

In the experiments, I got time to build the Van & Del Despot, in mtl it is my favorite of all the rda's I have.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    In the experiments, I got time to build the Van & Del Despot, in mtl it is my favorite of all the RDA's I have.
    The Despot is easily one of my top 3 or 4 favorite RDA's. Once I found out, through Todd's review, that it was made by Hussar I had to get one. They sold out within a few days of my purchase (only 99 made).

I have the RDL airflow insert installed in mine. For me, that's a decent airy MTL or a fairly restricted DL vape. It is a great flavor RDA for sure.

• Winner
    Reactions: Tor R

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I have the Nucleo version. What happens if you vape it without using TC mode (watts only). Same issue? Also what coils are you using?
    It works perfectly fine in wattage with the same wire type/build.

It works extremely well, as well as dicodes & evolve in TC, for 20-30 minutes.
    After that it has become the same error code, x number of attys, different build.

Kidney Puncher Ss316 L, 28ga, 6-8 wrap.
    InoWire 304, 28ga, 7-8 wrap.

In Tc, as well as it doesn't come up with an error code asap, it's like it doesn't give anything special with power....until after maybe a 6 sec delay.
    The thing is, in the 20 minutes it worked fine, I hadn't touched the booster, or anything advanced.

I used a compressor tonight and blew clean around 510, not that there was any change.

I'm really out of ideas, but I'm hoping that someone will find something I'm overlooking, that there's an easy fix.

The Despot is easily one of my top 3 or 4 favorite RDA's. Once I found out, through Todd's review, that it was made by Hussar I had to get one. They sold out within a few days of my purchase (only 99 made).

I have the RDL airflow insert installed in mine. For me, that's a decent airy MTL or a fairly restricted DL vape. It is a great flavor RDA for sure.
    Fantastic little RDA, of the 99 produced, two of them found their way to the two of us.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2020
    AZ
    @Tor R my Nucleo has TC issues, but I gave up TC vaping for wattage mode long ago. Using my Nucleo for longer vape sessions, it would stop working and give me a temp reached message, and it stopped firing the mod at all until I waited a few minutes. I use stainless coils only in all attys.

To be fair, my evolv chips aren't terribly good either. Often I get the "is this a new coil?" message or the mod stops firing for a short period of time until the resistance stabilizes. I gave up on temp control after just settling on my favorite setup, and it's never been an issue since.

I would email Sunbox and let them know your issues. Make a little video for them showing the problem.

It's blasphemy to say, and some people love it and are successful, but I don't think TC is all that useful personally. Software trying to guesstimate temperature without a real temp sensor is hit or miss in my mind. Anyway - you didn't ask for a TC opinion, you asked if there were people having Nucleo issues. That's mine, and yours sounds like it needs to go back or... give up on TC and never look back haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread