Supreme RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
What is the biggest advantage of doing 3.5mm compared to 2.5?
I find much more flavor and less likely to get a dry hit. But mostly, personal preference and vaping styles. I like long draw lung hits... I've found thinner wicks dry hit more often. IMO [emoji16]

[emoji229]Here that be Whales![emoji228]

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I received the Black (Smoke) glass today for my Aromamizer Supreme. I normally just go with clear glass but I have to say I really like the look of this combination.
PS I think it looks just a tad darker to my eyes than it does in the picture.

IMG_20160523_200217_zpstckxf4s0.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
I received the Black (Smoke) glass today for my Aromamizer Supreme. I normally just go with clear glass but I have to say I really like the look of this combination.
PS I think it looks just a tad darker to my eyes than it does in the picture.

IMG_20160523_200217_zpstckxf4s0.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

4bb0b65f7c24197792be62c8e395053e.jpg

vape ON[emoji36]

Kinggrond

Feb 17, 2013
Romania
I've got a small problem with my Supreme which is kind of annoying. Although the vapour and flavour are really good on this one, the Griffin 25 gives me more dense vapour and slightly better flavour. The setup is the same in both tanks, slightly spaced kanthal horizontal coils, 3mm inner diameter, around 0.3 Ohms or so. Also tried claptons, twisted SS, same thing, Griffin works a little better.

I tried fiddling with the coils, raising and lowering them, you name it I've done it, still cannot get the vape I'm getting from the Griffin. Thing is, I like the Supreme much more, it's better built, can be completely disassembled for cleaning etc. Wish I could get the same performance out of it.

Any advice would be highly appreciated! :)

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
Do vertical coils. Also one of my friends found the wide open air flow was taking away the flavour to much and used the second air level. Having an issue with the avocado 24mm myself. Really strange. Wick'd the single Clapton coil at 0.43ohms. First day the flavour is okay but not great but some reason, the secondary the flavours kicks in in such a strong manner, get shocked it's the same build. It's done it twice to me. Very strange and usually the 2nd day has more muted taste. Also take a look at the wick material. For example, I used cotton bacon v2 mostly for the supreme but recently found that fibre freaks cotton blend performs better than cotton bacon on this tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Thanks for replying, I use vertical coils in my V1 and V2 aromamizers, but both have round airholes, the Supreme has oblong horizontal ones, if you put verticals in there, wouldn't the airflow only be hitting the coil partially, thus minimizing flavour/vapour production?

Sometimes I use the largest air slot but closed down to more of a circle, I get good flavor and tighter draw this way, somewhat like my Griffins. Agree about vertical coil for flavor. With the biggest air slot closed down to a circle, my vertical claptons look to be right in the middle anyway, and don't darken in any spots like they would if air was missing part of the coil

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Thanks for replying, I use vertical coils in my V1 and V2 aromamizers, but both have round airholes, the Supreme has oblong horizontal ones, if you put verticals in there, wouldn't the airflow only be hitting the coil partially, thus minimizing flavour/vapour production?

I forgot to say, with vertical coils in the supreme, I wick through the middle of the coil and the more cotton left on top of the coils, the tighter the draw and so more flavor, in my opinion

Steven070

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2015
Not sure what happened but somehow the peak insulator post twisted a bit, for about 20%, making the shape of of 'V' with a dual coil still in it.
Easier explained ; the RX was not firing. When taking out the deck the peak post moved as far as it could with a dual coil build. Took out the coils and with some force I managed to get the post back to its original position

Is there a way to tighten the peak post? Took off the 510 screw but couldn't see anything through that little hole. ( or is the screw what keeps the post in place? ). Weird situation

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
Not sure what happened but somehow the peak insulator post twisted a bit, for about 20%, making the shape of of 'V' with a dual coil still in it.
Easier explained ; the RX was not firing. When taking out the deck the peak post moved as far as it could with a dual coil build. Took out the coils and with some force I managed to get the post back to its original position

Is there a way to tighten the peak post? Took off the 510 screw but couldn't see anything through that little hole. ( or is the screw what keeps the post in place? ). Weird situation

Tighten the 510 pin. Happened to me also, I was using 20g SS316l.

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
22mm? No. Find the sense of commonness amongst us. Personally I would of gone a bit wider. 9-10ml tank would be ideal. I could last the entire day on a single refill dual coil claptons at 0.35ohm. Looking enviously at the mason 40mm my friend has. I put in 4x fused Clapton 32G coils in and honestly I have pure love for it. Only problem is that I can't decide if it's shinyitis or do I really want it. Alr day got a 25mm griffin never opened due all things shiny. Also find myself looking at the supreme in black. I am convinced that unicorns and tinker bell will fly out of it if I bought one[emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread