Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
744b9a34e180e22744d85960215a9471.jpg

I'm in love with this. All I did was rewick with Japanese cotton and bam!

I was going to recommend you try a slightly bigger diameter coil, but I'm glad you're set now...

In case you're curious, I solved my muted flavor problem by changing wraps and drill bit size, but not wire gauge.

28g wire, 5 wraps, 2.75mm drill bit.

I used to use: 28g, 7 wraps, 2.2mm drill bit.

Granted the larger diameter coil allows better wicking. However, I think the key is that the larger amount of airflow available to the deck, needs to hit a larger coil.

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
I was going to recommend you try a slightly bigger diameter coil, but I'm glad you're set now...

In case you're curious, I solved my muted flavor problem by changing wraps and drill bit size, but not wire gauge.

28g wire, 5 wraps, 2.75mm drill bit.

I used to use: 28g, 7 wraps, 2.2mm drill bit.

Granted the larger diameter coil allows better wicking. However, I think the key is that the larger amount of airflow available to the deck, needs to hit a larger coil.
I've honestly been rebuilding this thing constantly since I got it. It is much better than when I got it but I still feel the flavor could be better. I'll try your recommendation as soon as I get home. I think my biggest problem was that my wick was too tight. Also though when I take a build out and draw through it I taste a slight machine oil taste so I'm gonna clean it thoroughly when I get home as well. All in all I love this tank and will continue to tweek until I perfect it. Thanks for the response!

d.g.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2014
Houston, TX
Yeah I initially built couple of 2.4mm with 28ga but I did not like it at all. Finally I said what the hell and went with 3mm 28ga 1.4ohm coil. I have used Qorax method for wicking - i.e. Double cotton (koh gen do in my case) from opposite ends. It is 10 times better and at 14w it shines. Here is the thing though, I do not have any juiced I like since I got my K4. 18! flavors I got from Vape Kitchen turned out be worthless - at least before steeping.

Then I found a juice I bought during Vape Summit 1-2 months ago and it works like a charm. Full on flavor. Not much vapor production because of the high PG content. I also tried 100%VG and the clouds are so thick that it fills the entire room after 4 puffs.

TLDR; K4 is an awesome beast but it takes time to get used to it. Do not be scared to experiment and of course read everything in this thread.

I am waiting for Boba's and can't wait to try that with K4.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey QORAX? Or any of you master ECF'ers...
Can someone go back in this thread, and find where all the tech talk started? Like the day of, or after, the first reported shipment arrival?
Maybe pin a link to that post, so anyone looking for the start of the tech talk can find it?
Reading from the start of this thread is officially worthless, as of the day the first subscriber received their KF4...from that moment on, we entered the "experience" chapter, and thus began the tech talk.
THANKS!
I'd do it, but I'm on TapaTalk, and not as savvy as some of you brighter ECF'ers!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hey QORAX? Or any of you master ECF'ers...
Can someone go back in this thread, and find where all the tech talk started? Like the day of, or after, the first reported shipment arrival?
Maybe pin a link to that post, so anyone looking for the start of the tech talk can find it?
Reading from the start of this thread is officially worthless, as of the day the first subscriber received their KF4...from that moment on, we entered the "experience" chapter, and thus began the tech talk.
THANKS!
I'd do it, but I'm on TapaTalk, and not as savvy as some of you brighter ECF'ers!

Give me a day or two - and I'll compile all the important discussions (till date) into 'one post'. I'd then request Dusty to pin it onto the OP before I leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread