SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
For me not having a data port on a EScribe capable dna board would be a deal breaker (for me). I'd probably have bought a couple of OG's by now if they had a USB port.
Don't even get me started :)

Yes, I do use it, but to me it's the principle of the thing too. If I'm going to pay that much money for an Escribe capable dna driven device, I WANT Escribe.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Even if they were the same price, I'd take the SXK clone for that reason. The build quality is far better than "good enough." For me anyway.

Maybe I got a lemon but the difference between my two rat blacks is discernible (sorry).

Proving the subjective nature of vape though, I don't use Escribe (or equivalent) on the many mods I own that have it, and I usually swap out batteries on the ones with USB charging. It's all about preferences, and there is no wrong way to vape.

Well - except if you put the wrong end into your mouth (or something). That won't work.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Finally got my unbreakables from Dnv today.I am used to slow shipping on my orders from China,usually 2 weeks to get them,but good god shipping from France is really sloooow haha,just shy of a month.
dnv.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
No need to be sorry, but I hope there's a discernible difference for 150 dollars. :rolleyes:

Based on my personal value system, absolutely (and then some).

It's fine, and it works. If someone's looking to save some money, it's potentially a good option (and certainly warrants consideration).

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Finally got my unbreakables from Dnv today.I am used to slow shipping on my orders from China,usually 2 weeks to get them,but good god shipping from France is really sloooow haha,just shy of a month.
View attachment 868349
Looks awesome. That's an og right? The Boxer I mean.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Looks awesome. That's an og right? The Boxer I mean.
Yeah,it's the V2,i don't think they have cloned that one yet.I wish they would,i want another one but the stupidly high shipping from Odis will keep me from buying one new,i got a steal on this one though off of FB,got it for $55 shipped because the glass was broken.I siliconed the glass back together the day i got it so i could use it until the unbreakables came in haha.
I wanted to buy new glass from Odis,but again the shipping was ridiculous,3 pieces of glass was like $10,but shipping was close to $40,no way i'm paying almost $50 for a few glass panels.

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
After trying not to for some time I ordered a SXK 70w version +SXK Insider v2, lets see how it goes. I don't need it but just wanted to try it out... And it was fair price for those, 92$ shipped from 3Fvape Germany. I guess nothing really moves from China at the moment.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
After trying not to for some time I ordered a SXK 70w version +SXK Insider v2, lets see how it goes. I don't need it but just wanted to try it out... And it was fair price for those, 92$ shipped from 3Fvape Germany. I guess nothing really moves from China at the moment.
A lot of people don't like the 70 watt,but i have one and like it almost as much as the Dna version,it works just as well,although i don't use temp control,so can't say how it is for that.
1 Piece of advice i will give you on it though,is to seal the pin with silicone.A few weeks after getting mine,it started to act very glitchy,the screen would flicker,it would give me low battery messages,would shut itself off,etc. and i thought the board went out after just a few weeks.I seen stuff about juice messing with the board,so i took it apart,and there was just a tiny bit of juice on the board.I cleaned it with alcohol,pushed the pin up and sealed it with silicone,and it has worked great ever since,that was several months ago and no issues again,so seal your pin from the start so you don't have issues later.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I seen stuff about juice messing with the board,so i took it apart,and there was just a tiny bit of juice on the board.I cleaned it with alcohol,pushed the pin up and sealed it with silicone,and it has worked great ever since,that was several months ago and no issues again,so seal your pin from the start so you don't have issues later.
Since you had it apart, is the box itself the same inside as the DNA one? Meaning could I drop a DNA60 board in there?

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Since you had it apart, is the box itself the same inside as the DNA one? Meaning could I drop a DNA60 board in there?
I haven't pulled my Dna versions apart,so i can't say 100% yes from personal experience,but i have searched several times on it,and have found multiple people on another forum who have done the swap and say everything is the same,so i would say yes they are either the same or close enough.Not sure if we can mention other forums by name,so lets just say it's the one that starts with planet that i read a lot of posts about the swap.
When i thought my 70 watt board went bad,i started searching for that exact reason,i'm still ordering a Dna 60 to do the swap at some point,but i'll wait until the current board goes bad first.

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
Nickel is TC only.

In that's the case, I best school myself in using TC before the weekend. I think I remember bookmarking a post in this thread on the subject but any tips or advice would be welcome to this TC noob. I've just been using mechs, mosfets or wattage mode these past 8 years.

Reactions: BillW50

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
In that's the case, I best school myself in using TC before the weekend. I think I remember bookmarking a post in this thread on the subject but any tips or advice would be welcome to this TC noob. I've just been using mechs, mosfets or wattage mode these past 8 years.
Sorry, I can't remember. You have the DNA 60 right?

Reactions: BillW50

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Yes indeed.
I didn't check until after the firmware upgrade, but there was a nickel profile on the mod. You could start by just trying that profile. Set the wattage to maybe 25 and temp at like 375 and work up from there. Nickel is about the only TC wire I've never actually used.

@Wayneo and @dwcraig1 would know better,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread