SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
+1 for checking the vapeshell halves are correctly aligned, as well as the glass/gasket seal.

you can also check the o-rings in the box where the + pin exits the bottom, and where the chimney exits the top of the box. Although I've never had an issue with these- if theses are torn or not seated correctly, you will get leaking

Reactions: TrollDragon

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Finally got my stabwood panels from the Ukraine today,i love these things.Took a while to get here,but well worth the wait,i'm getting ready to order another set from him here very soon.
bbpanels1.jpg

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I'm having issues with 2 SXK Boros leaking from the bottom of the gasket. The Boro that came with it doesn't have that problem. I'd buy more gaskets but what's to guarantee it's not the tolerances of the box itself and not the gaskets? Is there a solution? I discovered once that an ultrasonic cleaner expanded my o-rings but it's a temporary solution.

StayGold204

Dec 29, 2019
My YFTK positive clamp snapped through the screw hole today :( .. it's only been used with 28g wire and I've always been careful tightening it ...

I like the xeta but $20+ for such a short life, I'm in two minds about buying another one...
View attachment 863917

I'd look at one from sxk. I've herd yftk is full or problems. Ive always used sxk clones and never had an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: dwcraig1

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hey there. I was wondering if anyone has the Doug dino styled escribe theme available for download. I saw someone said they had it but I can't remember what page I saw that on.
It was me but I don't have that file anymore.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Awee noo =( that's sad. Oh well. I might have to try and recreate it from pictures lol. It's just ms paint you I think.
try GIMP (gnu image manipulation program). not the most sensible of names but incredibly powerful and free.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
It was in the cloud but somehow managed to float away. ;)
ah yes. the somebody else's servers thing. while i do utilise said infrastructure from many providers i am slightly (extremely) fanatical about my own storage herd.
yeehaw. etc.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
I'm having issues with 2 SXK Boros leaking from the bottom of the gasket. The Boro that came with it doesn't have that problem. I'd buy more gaskets but what's to guarantee it's not the tolerances of the box itself and not the gaskets? Is there a solution? I discovered once that an ultrasonic cleaner expanded my o-rings but it's a temporary solution.
Are you talking about the 0-ring in the bottom hole or the gasket that seals the glass?

• Agree
Reactions: dwcraig1

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
I got the KRMA built and installed. It vapes really good for the mtl setup I have in it, but it's a pain to work with. The threaded piece on the bottom that holds it in an ohm reader or mod is press fitted and doesn't give a solid resistance reading. Given SXK's penchant for cloning real close, I have to wonder if the authentic is like that too. Also, it was a BEAR to get into the boro. Way worse than the Xeta. With the Xeta, apparently the authentic was pretty snug too, which is why I wonder if it also the case with the KRMA. If SXK copies close enough to even reproduce the cons, could be. Haven't researched it yet.

I'm still breaking in the cotton on my first build, but to me anyway, it is no Xeta killer. It does vape really good and I probably should have used the next smaller air restriction plug under the deck, but so far it doesn't knock my socks off compared to the Xeta.

I'm not sorry I got it and it'll stay in the mtl nugget for a while, but I still like the Xeta a bit better. Especially for ease of use.
EDIT: I should clarify that once in the boro with the tension from the key, the resistance and connection is fine. It's when it's loose that you have to be careful.
20200118_175016_cr.jpg

Last edited:

Rio13

Dec 7, 2019
I got the KRMA built and installed. It vapes really good for the mtl setup I have in it, but it's a pain to work with. The threaded piece on the bottom that holds it in an ohm reader or mod is press fitted and doesn't give a solid resistance reading. Given SXK's penchant for cloning real close, I have to wonder if the authentic is like that too. Also, it was a BEAR to get into the boro. Way worse than the Xeta. With the Xeta, apparently the authentic was pretty snug too, which is why I wonder if it also the case with the KRMA. If SXK copies close enough to even reproduce the cons, could be. Haven't researched it yet.

I'm still breaking in the cotton on my first build, but to me anyway, it is no Xeta killer. It does vape really good and I probably should have used the next smaller air restriction plug under the deck, but so far it doesn't knock my socks off compared to the Xeta.

I'm not sorry I got it and it'll stay in the mtl nugget for a while, but I still like the Xeta a bit better. Especially for ease of use.
EDIT: I should clarify that once in the boro with the tension from the key, the resistance and connection is fine. It's when it's loose that you have to be careful.
View attachment 865493
Wich one better for mtl? Krma or xeta? I found with the xeta 0,8mm insert in deck and 1mm in chimney is way too tight (atleast for me)

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Wich one better for mtl? Krma or xeta? I found with the xeta 0,8mm insert in deck and 1mm in chimney is way too tight (atleast for me)
"Better" is in the eye of the beholder. Both vape great in a mtl configuration. I haven't tried the KRMA in rdtl yet, but I strongly suspect the Xeta will prevail in that contest.

The SXK KRMA is 18 bucks. Not nothing, but cheap enough to be worth trying. Also, try the Xeta with the smaller 2 hole deck insert and the 3mm in the chimney.

The KRMA is good, and as I say, I'm not sorry I bought it, but in my opinion the Xeta is easier to work with, more versatile and they both both vape the same in mtl. If I had to pick one of the 2, I'd still take the Xeta. Just be careful when tightening those posts :)

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
So is the 510 connector on the krma press fitted? Or is it like the Insiders 510? The insiders 510 comes loose for cleaning by removing the positive pin.....
At least on the SXK clone I have, the threaded piece that screws into a 510 is press fitted. Not an issue at all once in the boro as the key just traps it tightly in place. It's finicky when trying to get resistance readings outside the boro though. I'd have to take it out and apart and get pix to explain better I think. Kinda hard to explain.

It's a good rba, just more finicky and not better than the Xeta in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread