Status
Not open for further replies.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
loving the BBs again with the Haku and Vapesnail..
c20a2956ad42015bf404ef33809f72f4.jpg
96c8652dcd1aa0c9d8f342084dea409d.jpg
c6e27aef9330c9ad631967f3aa1a0b92.jpg
5d3200de5ff89c8491a1cdc2c698e297.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Evolv DNA 60 (retail box)
I think it will require a different charger board for SXK BB
I think it comes with the evlove 1amp charger. I never use the usb to charge batterys anyway but its good to connect to escribe...

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I think it comes with the evlove 1amp charger. I never use the usb to charge batterys anyway but its good to connect to escribe...

I should have been more specific, the one that come with the board, I don't think can be fit in there.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Where did you get the dna 60 board? I looked around and no luck finding one.The screen on my sxk 70 started dying out slowly. I did notice that it was extremely bright for a while and found no ejuice on board or wires.

Got mine from Protovapor,the place dwcraig1 linked to.I grabbed 4 of them so i have a replacement for each mod when they eventually die out.

On the usb charger board,i can't say for sure,but when i pulled mine out to clean juice out,it looks very similar to what comes with the board,but if it doesn't fit,you could reuse the one in the mod,and just solder to the new board as long as that part still works.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
The charger board needs to have the data connections as well as the ones to charge the battery.
View attachment 888189
Now I really see, thats definitely not going to fit. The wire gauge would have to be really high and the wires very thin to fit. I assume thin wires wont be a problem for the data exchange.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I got my second BB today. Red this time.

I only have one Xeta so I decided to have another go with the STM style RDA. I tried that with the first BB and didn't do too well. I used a 28g coil I had lying around. The screw heads are way too small to trap 28g, I only got it working by wrapping the wire all the way around the screw which was really hard. This time I used 26g which only just held under the screw. I also used the plastic ring at the bottom to restrict the airflow a little. Not sure how much effect that actually has. I'm getting quite a nice vape with it though.

Does anyone know what size screw fits in there that has a wider head?

I am having one problem. When I first fired it up it said short circuit. I fiddled with the tank a bit and it started showing resistance. It went to 0.5 which I knew was too low, but after a while it settled down at 0.9 which is where it should be. Guessing the pin at the bottom isn't making great contact.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I got my second BB today. Red this time.

I only have one Xeta so I decided to have another go with the STM style RDA. I tried that with the first BB and didn't do too well. I used a 28g coil I had lying around. The screw heads are way too small to trap 28g, I only got it working by wrapping the wire all the way around the screw which was really hard. This time I used 26g which only just held under the screw. I also used the plastic ring at the bottom to restrict the airflow a little. Not sure how much effect that actually has. I'm getting quite a nice vape with it though.

Does anyone know what size screw fits in there that has a wider head?

I am having one problem. When I first fired it up it said short circuit. I fiddled with the tank a bit and it started showing resistance. It went to 0.5 which I knew was too low, but after a while it settled down at 0.9 which is where it should be. Guessing the pin at the bottom isn't making great contact.
I have had great success using the Kanger RBA, I run it 35/45 watts full air for RDL. A poor connection would cause the ohms to be higher not lower, most likely a short. Watch that the end of the coil leg on positive post doesn't stick out too far and touch the wall of the chamber.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I have had great success using the Kanger RBA, I run it 35/45 watts full air for RDL. A poor connection would cause the ohms to be higher not lower, most likely a short. Watch that the end of the coil leg on positive post doesn't stick out too far and touch the wall of the chamber.

That makes sense.I thought I got the leg cut off flush but maybe it moved or something. Anyway the resistance is stable for now. I started at 14W. Got it up to 16 now. Slightly new territory for me. The highest power I normally use is 14W with a 1.1 ohm coil in a STM. I might try raising it a bit more and see what happens.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
I've seen a lot of people beat up on the Kanger RBA. I've never used mine to be honest. Too much other crap. Looking it over though, I always thought it looked like there should be no reason why it wouldn't vape good and I do still intend on trying it.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
That makes sense.I thought I got the leg cut off flush but maybe it moved or something. Anyway the resistance is stable for now. I started at 14W. Got it up to 16 now. Slightly new territory for me. The highest power I normally use is 14W with a 1.1 ohm coil in a STM. I might try raising it a bit more and see what happens.
I've seen a lot of people beat up on the Kanger RBA. I've never used mine to be honest. Too much other crap. Looking it over though, I always thought it looked like there should be no reason why it wouldn't vape good and I do still intend on trying it.
I had plenty of experience using the Kanger RBA prior to getting a BB. I think it's a fine little device, very Kayfun like.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

I had plenty of experience using the Kanger RBA prior to getting a BB. I think it's a fine little device, very Kayfun like.

I used Kanger Subtanks almost exclusively between 2015-16 and have 7 tanks and I bought 10 extra RBAs for them. I just absolutely loved them. I should probably dig one out and see how it compares to the today's tanks. I never cared much for those stock OCC coils though. Here is one of my nickel builds on the RBA.

IMG_0119sm.jpg

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

I tried the Kanger when I got my first BB. I use a STM so I thought it would be easy. Don't know why but it didn't work out. It was flooding and gurgling. Had to get the power up quite high to stop the flooding and then it was too hot. It's working a lot better now.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I tried the Kanger when I got my first BB. I use a STM so I thought it would be easy. Don't know why but it didn't work out. It was flooding and gurgling. Had to get the power up quite high to stop the flooding and then it was too hot. It's working a lot better now.

Well for one the Kanger RBA for the BB is a modified one from a stock Kanger RBA. The pin is much longer for one. And the Kanger bridge IMHO is too short. Plus the bridge fits too loose. The tolerances are just barely close enough to work. If anybody gets frustrated and just gives up on that RBA and bridge, I don't blame them one bit. As there are plenty of other BB options out there to choose from. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread