Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I have Boxxers with both the original glass and the Odis unbreakables and find neither leaks. I have tried all the rba/bridges and for me the Boxxer and the EUC 0.5Ω ceramics are the best
At one point,i thought maybe it was my wicking causing mine,but i can't see how since i only get the leaking after vaping it down to a 1/2 tank,i can never figure out exactly where it's coming from though.I will definitely agree though,by far the best i've used,which is why i keep dealing with it.I took the condensation plug that comes with it,and opened up the air slot today,so i installed it,hopefully when it leaks it will route it out the air holes instead of all over the mod.Even with the issues i've had,i'm still on the lookout for a 2nd one though.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Can some please inform me on how I e would go about flipping there screen on the sxk billet box?

If you are talking about the SXK BB 60W DNA60 model, you need to connect it up to EScribe software. If you are talking about the SXK BB 70w model, I am not sure. I know it isn't with EScribe.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Connect it to escribe,and where it says screen orientation,change it there.
Yep. @Wayneo had to help me with that.
screenflip.JPG

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
In order to stop most of the leaking problem in the sxk boxxer rba v1, Ive placed a tiny oring around the deck. It doesn't stop the leak 100%, but it reduces the amount of eliquid seeping out by more then half. With the right amount of cotton, the oring around the deck, and not over filling it, you can enjoy the boxxer v1 on the BB.

ebe962705ef0eaf11ff7e3b9979af677.jpg
7d5638c513e76af85cda889ec730018c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
In order to stop most of the leaking problem in the sxk boxxer rba v1, Ive placed a tiny oring around the deck. It doesn't stop the leak 100%, but it reduces the amount of eliquid seeping out by more then half. With the right amount of cotton, the oring around the deck, and not over filling it, you can enjoy the boxxer v1 on the BB.

ebe962705ef0eaf11ff7e3b9979af677.jpg
7d5638c513e76af85cda889ec730018c.jpg
I don't have a Boxxer. I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Same thing with the vapesnail, for those of you that are getting leaks through the gasket. Just put a thin tiny oring under the gasket to tighten the seal between the gasket and the plexi tank. No seeping of ejuice whats so ever..

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
For those that have a sxk boxxer, its the white oring along the edge's of the deck..The cap will sit right on top of it creating a seal..
97b61a42b64e05d05df6464767f8ef33.jpg

Yours appears to be machined different than my V1.Is yours an authentic or clone?It looks like yours has a groove where the oring sits in a bit,mine does not have any groove,the only edge it has is where the cap sits down on it.I know SXK did try to fix the leaking by putting a groove in and installing an oring,did yours have an oring when you got it?
Here is how mine looks.
boxxer1.jpg

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Yours appears to be machined different than my V1.Is yours an authentic or clone?It looks like yours has a groove where the oring sits in a bit,mine does not have any groove,the only edge it has is where the cap sits down on it.I know SXK did try to fix the leaking by putting a groove in and installing an oring,did yours have an oring when you got it?
Here is how mine looks.
View attachment 889587
That's what threw me off because that white o-ring looks like it belongs there on his.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Got a snail on the way. Can anyone tell me how they vape/wick compared to the Vapeshell in full open mode?
Pretty similar.Cut your tails even with the edge of the deck,then tuck them down into the channels.Look through the juice holes and make sure the wick is touching the bottom of the deck.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Got a snail on the way. Can anyone tell me how they vape/wick compared to the Vapeshell in full open mode?
I've only set mine up tight and before I got a few things figured out (long story) I had horrible leaking.

Wide open it should be a million times simpler. I'd say fill up the wicking ports a bit more than you might think at first if I had to guess. In fact I would wager on that I think. That's certainly how I would start. I think @b.m. uses his full open so he would know even better.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I do the same thing quite a bit haha.
me too

Thanks for the info. With the Vapeshell I cut the wicks along the edges and just place them in the corners - no stuffing - then poke them up from below a touch. From memory I think I got that from the Atmizoo site tips.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
me too

Thanks for the info. With the Vapeshell I cut the wicks along the edges and just place them in the corners - no stuffing - then poke them up from below a touch. From memory I think I got that from the Atmizoo site tips.
Yeah,on the snail,you definitely want to tuck them,and make sure the wick touches the bottom of the deck,otherwise you will be wiping a whole lot of juice off your mod,i found that out the hard way haha,i even had juice all over the button side under the panel.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
The problem I had was that I set it up at first without realizing that the small bore chimney reducer was not in the chimney. I was using the smallest single hole deck insert. With all that air on top and the severe restriction in the deck it created a suction inside the chamber that was pulling juice through the wicking ports and into the deck. As in like in buckets.

I found this out when I re-wicked it and set it on a piece of paper towel for an hour. No leaking. I picked it up and started drawing on the top of the Vapesnail boro itself, still outside the mod. Same pull as if I were vaping it. (near as I could judge with no drip tip) By the 2nd pull it was slurping and started running out of the bottom. Of course some of it would vaporize it if were in the mod, but it was clear that lots of juice was being sucked into the deck.

One of the guys over at that unmentionable place spelled v a p i n g u n d e r g r o u n d mentioned the possible unevenness of the airflow and asked about the chimney insert. That's when I realized it wasn't in. Installing that and beefing up the wicking a little more totally fixed the problem.

That will not be an issue with open airflow.

EDITED a mistake out of there. Doing too many things at once.

Last edited:

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Here is how mine looks.
View attachment 889587
Mine is a sxk boxxer v1 2nd batch..your right there's a very tiny grove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread