SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
The old Nugget with the Exocet V2 freshly wicked.
trythisone_cr.jpg

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
The older ones always had this little bit of play if you push down on it and moved it around in a circle. The last 2 from the late runs have none at all.
That's great info - thanks. Might be enough to make me order a new clone.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
That's great info - thanks. Might be enough to make me order a new clone.
I can only speak for the two I've gotten, but one was a Fawkes from Legion of Vapors in England and one was a Rat Black from 3F, definitely different 2020 runs and neither of them have that door play. I checked because I remembered that being the one flaw that stood out to me on the older ones even though it wasn't a big deal.

Last edited:

ep3eddie

Sep 8, 2016

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
3F has the Evolv version of the SUPBOX back in stock now too.

That's a great little device. I put the new SXK EVL ALIEN in it last night.
View attachment 920659
How do you find the condensation build up? I stopped running my supbox in BB mode with a Vapesnail because the condensation was so bad. Also felt like the af was too constricted with the way the abs cage doesn't really allow direct airflow. Kind of wooshes in from all the little cracks and gaps

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
How do you find the condensation build up? I stopped running my supbox in BB mode with a Vapesnail because the condensation was so bad. Also felt like the af was too constricted with the way the abs cage doesn't really allow direct airflow. Kind of wooshes in from all the little cracks and gaps
I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I use all my boro devices for low wattage mtl. I don't get much condensation anyway.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Honestly, I just took mine apart to charge the battery and there is literally nothing in there. Again though. I'm running a low power, TC mtl setup in mine so it may not be representative of what might might happen with a cloudier setup.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
How is the Alien? Got an authentic on the way, keeps getting delayed in transit. What kind of nic and build do you run?
Sorry man. I missed this before. Probably too late now, but I copied and pasted this response from a conversation on another site.
=============================
"
Here's the thing. It vapes great. About as good as any of the other good rbas for the BB. I'd put it at the same level as the Xeta and the Vapesnail, Vapeshell etc.

One really good thing is that I nailed the wicking on the first try with this one and NO leaking at all. Dry hits either.

It feeds the liquid from the top so that's something to be aware of. The SXK clone I have at least, has the chamber snug against the glass so it forces the liquid to the areas where it will feed from those 4 corner holes. Knowing SXK, it's probably the same with the authentic and imo is a good design decision.

For the casual Billet Box user who's happy with whatever already good rba they have, it's probably not a must have. For the BB hobbyist who likes to collect rbas and have a lot of options to the play with it's well worth getting.

In a nutshell."

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Honestly, I just took mine apart to charge the battery and there is literally nothing in there. Again though. I'm running a low power, TC mtl setup in mine so it may not be representative of what might might happen with a cloudier setup.
That's good to know. I like to run my Vapesnail or Xeta as wide open as possible with little fused clapton builds around 0.5 Ohms/25 - 30 watts so it's on the cloudy end

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Hey I've got a question for you guys - anybody end up getting the Boxxer V2 and if so how is it? I know @charlie1465 bought one a fair while back. After all the problems with the original version I was really looking forward to the V2 but it kind of fell off my radar.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Hey I've got a question for you guys - anybody end up getting the Boxxer V2 and if so how is it? I know @charlie1465 bought one a fair while back. After all the problems with the original version I was really looking forward to the V2 but it kind of fell off my radar.
Just don't get the gold one if it's going to be used in an authentic BB. It doesn't fit in the well. A guy I know over VU found that out the hard way. Odis is trying to say that BBV changed the size of the well. What is actually going on is still up in the air last I heard. Do some googling and I'm sure you'll find what I'm talking about.

Here's the pic he posted.
1607170308042.jpg

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
It's a really great RDA for the billet box but you have to get the wicking right. Rob did a video I think. It can leak if it's not set up right.....I've got two so that answers your question really....I hope :)

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
It's a really great RDA for the billet box but you have to get the wicking right. Rob did a video I think. It can leak if it's not set up right.....I've got two so that answers your question really....I hope :)
I split my wicking and fed each side over so that it sits right under the holes. Just seemed like the thing to do :) I got no leaking on my first try.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Haven't vaped on my bb's since sxk goldy blew its 70w chip. New Dna board was waiting for new button pad...Stay tune for the revival of goldy second attempt part two. First attempt was a total disaster without flux..
402e3e1031722de251c228003fe0ba0e.jpg
aa43c95b2ee88a46e0b282ce71f487db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Some were asking for help wiring the DNA board. This was sent to me by a long time member.
a7084ce8ec9cdbfc5b0457f5accfcfe6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
That's really helpful, thanks. Gonna save that - I've got a 70W goldy that I want to upgrade to a dna 60 at some stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread