Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I eventually got the glass to slide down a tiny bit. Enough to get my thumb nail in to assist with it. It had been a really long time since I used this one. The coil was exceptionally gunked up. On my other one I had Dremeled out the smallest air disc to 3.5 mm, this one didn't even have one installed. I thought that I had lost it but no it's the bag. I will try the one with four 1.5 mm holes.

Reactions: BillW50

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I have some new furnishings coming for inside my rabbit hole

I just ordered a black VWM Dope clone to go with my silver Ion Box, since I've been really enjoying the overall vape quality / ease of build from a SS Dope clone I've been using for awhile... :)

I noticed the black door for the Ion Box in your order... I hope you have better luck than I did. Out of two ordered, both are annoyingly "clickity-clackity", and makes me not want to use them at all. The original clear door on the other hand, fits absolutely perfectly. I also have a red one, and it has a very small amount of play present. Not to the point that it bothers me, so hopefully it will fit as well on another Ion Box in black which is now on the way.... ;):)

EDIT: LoL! Rabbit holes... I almost forgot about the Orbit that slipped in with the black Dope order..... :eek::rolleyes::hubba:

Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 07-38-55 Order D081872552 FastTech.png

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I got my 2nd Xeta set up with a Clapton coil also, this one is a 2 strand 28 gauge SS430. Kind of difficult as the legs roll off the top of the coil (premade). Working good.
I need to twist up some more 28 gauge SS430, I only do about 2 ft. at a time, seems like I have lots, then it's gone.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
1663083712636.png

This is the best that I can get the voltage drop on my SXK DNA60 Ionbox. I have made a couple mild modifications to get it where it's at. First I polished the area of the battery door where the door contacts the cell with fine Emory cloth and added a copper rice pin that I fashioned from a piece of 12 gauge solid wire and placed it in the little slot between where the screws for the 510 plate screw into the body. This makes for a better connection between the 510 plate and the brass ring that I assume is the boards ground.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
View attachment 980824
I had a bit of a time getting this to wick properly. Although my coil is only 2.7 mm the wick tails required some trimming where they protrude from the chamber (diameter). As long as it doesn't leak I finally got it
I re-wicked it, this time I pushed the excess wick inside the chamber, so far so good.

Reactions: BillW50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread