SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
Sorry, now I see that its a resin box. Though it was one of those customized cut-out aluminum boxes with resin panels...

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

ya it’s not even resin. It’s just plastic.

Super glued the crap out of the big crack. All fixed.

image.jpg

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
ya it’s not even resin. It’s just plastic.

It's acrylic or otherwise known as plexiglass. Either alcohol or citric acid (both found in some e-liquid) will quickly crack it. We have known this for decades. Why some manufactures still use this for vaping, I have no idea. A plastic like Tritan® is clear as glass and can be colored and has no problems with any e-liquids. It doesn't cost a lot more either. I even tested one by pouring hot 350°F oil into one and nothing bad happened. Won't crack if dropped. Okay a hammer can do it in. Maybe they don't use it because of licensing or something.

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
It's acrylic or otherwise known as plexiglass. Either alcohol or citric acid (both found in some e-liquid) will quickly crack it. We have known this for decades. Why some manufactures still use this for vaping, I have no idea. A plastic like Tritan® is clear as glass and can be colored and has no problems with any e-liquids. It doesn't cost a lot more either. I even tested one by pouring hot 350°F oil into one and nothing bad happened. Won't crack if dropped. Okay a hammer can do it in. Maybe they don't use it because of licensing or something.

ya this material is garbage. Even the pulse with its cracking issues is made of better stuff then this. The person I bought this from cracked the entire top section at 50 puffs.

sold it to me for 15 dollars. Can’t complain about that.

but ya there’s a reason Sxk doesn’t make these anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: BillW50

REVIVEE

Mar 30, 2022
KNqQQBS
my switch and inners came in. I cut out the USB and removed the stock fire button. The wire had broke at the solder on the board when I was swapping out round buttons. The mission switch is working great using the fire button on the sevo70 board.

Attachments

• 00000IMG_00000_BURST20220711175031687_COVER.jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20220711175031687_COVER.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 46

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Just received this little gem (SXK IonBox) in from Fasttech... Copied from a post I made in another forum:

As for the device.... After reading about a few issues of other recent arrivals, I was at least prepared for some niggles, but am happy to report that I'm VERY pleased with the fit, finish, and quality of a DNA 60 boro device like this for the moderate price paid (thanks again for applying MAP FT! ;) )

The clear window panel is a nice, snug fit with no clicking, rattling, or other issues (unlike my much more expensive VA 21700 Spade, which had an annoying, ill-fitting panel when purchased). I immediately ordered a couple of the black / smoked version windows when recently offered, which should tie everything on my silver device together quite well... :) The DNA 60's screen is bright, and everything else functioning as normal. No button, or any other rattling / noises when shaking the device.

The battery door is a nice snug fit with the Molicel P26A I'm using. While I haven't yet ran a full boro through it to check, the air intake cut into the back should make the device much less prone to condensation building up behind the boro. I'll be sure to post again with any issues I may run across in the future, but at this time, I must say that this is one of the best device purchases I've made in a good while, and am quite pleased!

EDIT: I forgot to add that it appears the positive pin is sealed on this device, which is quite welcome, and a great improvement over needing to seal the ones on the SXK Billet Boxes against condensation / e-liquid leaking into the device....

I've started out running an A-tank boro with a Vaporesso CCell coil, and am quite pleased. I will be trying other RBA bridges I have shortly.. Here's a couple of pics compared to a DNA 60 Abyss I had handy:

SXK Ion.jpg

SXK Ion2.jpg

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
Just received this little gem (SXK IonBox) in from Fasttech... Copied from a post I made in another forum:

I've started out running an A-tank boro with a Vaporesso CCell coil, and am quite pleased. I will be trying other RBA bridges I have shortly.. Here's a couple of pics compared to a DNA 60 Abyss I had handy:

View attachment 978155

View attachment 978156

super nice. They just flooded the market this month. I don’t know how anyone is supposed to keep up.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
I really enjoy Billet Boxses but being quite frankly I'm getting bored. I've started to venture into other boro devices. Currently waiting for the SXK BXR for a start.. I will always have love for the original boro device that started it all....
20220807_102158.jpg

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I really enjoy Billet Boxses but being quite frankly I'm getting bored. I've started to venture into other boro devices. Currently waiting for the SXK BXR for a start.. I will always have love for the original boro device that started it all.... View attachment 978312

I have 2 of the 5Avape Bxr clones,they are very nice clones,and for me,they have a better hand feel than the Billets.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I have some new furnishings coming for inside my rabbit hole.
rabbit hole.png

I wanted the silver mod which said "in stock" but they got back to me and said it was discontinued so I went for the black one. (It still says "in stock")

Attachments

• rabbit hole.png
    rabbit hole.png
    319.2 KB · Views: 5

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I have my 2nd Xeta in a black Boro that so far I can't get the glass to slide off....and I feel that I'm pretty good with such a problem as this. I'm freezing it now, will see how that goes.

Got some rubber gloves? I've found that helps a lot. Even a rubber suction cup even if it is too big. Just use an edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread