Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I searched your posts trying to find out more about the "gasket nonsense" but didn't see it, would you please explain in greater detail?
I love that you are here and willing to help. You took me so far in the Taifun thread years ago. ;)
Gasket nonsense is that I cannot get my square red Oring to stay in place. I have both the white box the SXK BB came with and then the A box that I bought for the vaporesso coils. ON both of these, the Oring bunches up and will not stay put while sliding the glass back in place. I get a big bulge at the top or it inevitably disappears into the corner. Of course I have pictures because you know FT always ask for them when you want to return something. When they asked for a video I gave up and turned to my credit card company.
abox (2).jpg
abox.jpg

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Because I charge mine at above half way by the batt icon that would be tough.
I'll charge it full and fill with juice and take it vape it down till it stops (or cries) and measure how much juice it takes to fill it back up. Hopefully I won't forget the plan.
Thanks....no worries if you forget I will know soon enough anyway. I've never heard of anyone half charging batteries before or is that not what you meant....

So the info i'm actually looking for is from 4.2V down to 3.5/3.6V as this is where I commonly would start getting weak hits....:rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: BillW50

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Thanks....no worries if you forget I will know soon enough anyway. I've never heard of anyone half charging batteries before or is that not what you meant....

So the info i'm actually looking for is from 4.2V down to 3.5/3.6V as this is where I commonly would start getting weak hits....:rolleyes:
I charge them when they are about 2/3 charged already. Now on the car I run it all the way till the "need gas" light comes on then I fill it up.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
I charge them when they are about 2/3 charged already. Now on the car I run it all the way till the "need gas" light comes on then I fill it up.
Aaah...that makes sense and also.... if you're are getting what I would describe as good life doing that then i'm really surprised.....hence asking for the hour/minutes involved :D

Sorry forgot to add that it would be good to know what battery you are using along with the other details too...:)

• Agree
Reactions: BillW50

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
The pics I have are just for the A box. The white boro box did it right away. Like second time I was filling it. The A box worked good for a few times, maybe a week. Once it started there was no going back.
Make sure the gasket locators are in their respective spots on the box, lubricate and carefully/slowly push the glass in. I would think that it's only going to stretch so much before it doesn't want to return to original shape.
boro box.jpg

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
I see in the regular Billet Box thread that the Boxxer V2 will be out soon and all the problems from the first one have been fixed. I'll wait for more reviews when it hits retail and might actually pony up for an authentic if it's true.
Yep I may come up with the cash too :)

Proceed with caution is my watch word for it though....having said that they'd better do something to salvage their reputation because people are not saying good things about them at the moment....

Here's a link to there website but although it says V2 I think that means the first run which they're promising to correct (EDIT ignore this bit it's wrong :) )....have a look at the link...that says it all

BOXXER

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Yep I may come up with the cash too :)

Proceed with caution is my watch word for it though....having said that they'd better do something to salvage their reputation because people are not saying good things about them at the moment....

Here's a link to there website but although it says V2 I think that means the first run which they're promising to correct (EDIT ignore this bit it's wrong :) )....have a look at the link...that says it all

BOXXER
I don't have the original so I can't take advantage of the Retribution package. They took some well deserved heat and hopefully will have a winner with the new version, but time will tell and I am in no rush. The retailer I buy from will have a flash sale at some point and that would be the time to grab one if it's any good.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I just took the display cover off and found some liquid in there. Not much, but enough that if its left to accumulate it will flow over into the chip area.
I've been thinking of doing that for a while now. I never had a flood of liquid..merely the usual seepage that is found when removing the box cover.
Seems it's a wise thing to do rather regularly, as a maintaince routine.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
I just took the display cover off and found some liquid in there. Not much, but enough that if its left to accumulate it will flow over into the chip area.
I've been thinking of doing that for a while now. I never had a flood of liquid..merely the usual seepage that is found when removing the box cover.
Seems it's a wise thing to do rather regularly, as a maintaince routine.

There's a thread on another forum about this, apparently juice and condensation can seep down around the connection pin, people suggest removing the cover, push the pin up, seal around it with silicon sealant or the likes, then push the pin back down into place.... I did it, I found the pin was quite a loose fit so it's no wonder liquid seeps down there....

Also, apparently the SXK 70w board isn't lacquered/sealed so any moisture on it will kill it, a common issue, they say the DNA board is lacquered and it can tolerate moisture better...

If you google this you will find the info>>> sealing connection pin sxk bb usb

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I ran my Efest 7.5 amp purple 18350 (not metallic purple) in my Bantam Bow down to the low battery warning. Standing voltage was 3.6 volts, I have no way of knowing what the voltage drop was at that point but surely would have been able to vape longer with a higher resistance coil. It took 2.75 ml of liquid to fill the Boro Box back up. With my vaping style I got around 7 hours of use from it.
I did order a couple Vapcell 18350's last night but probably should just use what I have. I pretty pleased with the Bantam but it's not going to unseat my BB's.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Make sure the gasket locators are in their respective spots on the box, lubricate and carefully/slowly push the glass in. I would think that it's only going to stretch so much before it doesn't want to return to original shape.
View attachment 821771
I might get the whole darn mess out again, wash it, air dry the gasket and put in proper place and then do the above. I spent (wasted) so much time last time that I tossed it all aside deeming it "not for me"
Thanks D

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I might get the whole darn mess out again, wash it, air dry the gasket and put in proper place and then do the above. I spent (wasted) so much time last time that I tossed it all aside deeming it "not for me"
Thanks D
Yeah don't give up on it. I have four tanks...when I started out it also happened to me. My first thought was I have a dud tank. Luckily it stopped and never had that issue again. One glass was completely stuck and I had to brake it to get it out.
Good lubrication and patience is key. They more you do it, the better you get at battling it :D

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Yeah don't give up on it. I have four tanks...when I started out it also happened to me. My first thought was I have a dud tank. Luckily it stopped and never had that issue again. One glass was completely stuck and I had to brake it to get it out.
Good lubrication and patience is key. They more you do it, the better you get at battling it :D
I thought for sure my glass was going to break the first time i opened them,it is stuck to that gasket really good haha
I completely agree about lubing the gasket really good.Once i got the glass off,i covered the whole gasket with juice,then rubbed it around with my finger.The glass slides nice and smooth after that with no bunching at all.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Got my Busto+ from JMK today,i really like this tip.Now i need to polish the button so they match haha.
9Z9rduH.jpg

I know there are some issues with the SXK Boxxer,but does anyone know of any place here in the US that has them?New or used,i don't care,i want one and don't really want to wait on one from China.I've tried several different pre built coil heads and haven't really liked any of them,i like the Vape shell,but no matter how i wick it,i keep getting dry hits,so i have to try the Boxxer.I think the vape shell is struggling to pull in my juice,it's 70vg,and those are some small holes in the bottom.I thought of maybe trying to drill them out a bit,but i don't want to cause a big leaking problem,so i haven't done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread