SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FEED

Jul 29, 2019
He posted it here a few days ago:
Bench Test Results: Vapcell 9A+10A 1100mAh 18350...almost accurately rated, looks like YDL 18350D

At the end of the day the deciding factor for me was price and availability, Vapcell won...

Edit: he's just reposted the Keeppower review also:
Bench Test Results: Keeppower 10A 1200mAh 18350...bit overrated, looks like YDL 18350D

He suspects they're both the same YDL 18350D cells rewrapped, so yep, much of a muchness...
Bench Test Results: YDL 15A 1100mAh 18350...10A rated, rewrapped by others

Ah my apologies. Didn't see the most recent posts. Thank you much for the updates.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
$22.90 SXK Replacement PC Panel Cover for BB 60W/70W Mod at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$17.33 with code MAP
9705668-2.jpg

and yellow:
$27.90 SXK Replacement PEI Panel Cover for BB 60W/70W Mod at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I got mine. ;)

Clear Acrylic Panel.jpg

Chuck Norris

Jul 21, 2019
He posted it here a few days ago:
Bench Test Results: Vapcell 9A+10A 1100mAh 18350...almost accurately rated, looks like YDL 18350D

At the end of the day the deciding factor for me was price and availability, Vapcell won...

Edit: he's just reposted the Keeppower review also:
Bench Test Results: Keeppower 10A 1200mAh 18350...bit overrated, looks like YDL 18350D

He suspects they're both the same YDL 18350D cells rewrapped, so yep, much of a muchness...
Bench Test Results: YDL 15A 1100mAh 18350...10A rated, rewrapped by others
Ah my apologies. Didn't see the most recent posts. Thank you much for the updates.

I picked up a few different 18350’s last year when I was running my pulse BF in series. Had a pair each of Vapcells, Ampsplus and Keeppowers all 10A cells, I didn’t notice any performance or heat difference in any of them, after some digging they all seemed to be the same cell under the wrap which was the same cell as the old Aspires. This was early last year though maybe they’re changed now?

There’s also the EXO 18350S that Fogstar sell.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I am having a strange condensation problem (?) on one of my SXK BB. It isn't making any sense to me at all. I even completely disassembled the box and everything else is bone dry. It gets wet in these 2 spots. Keep the panel off and it stays bone dry. Maybe I should vape with one of those clear panels when they arrive to see how the vapor is getting there. I have frosted panels, but you can't see much with those.

View attachment 832787
It seems likely that the heat and therefore condensation is coming from that black insulating plug just next to the corner magnet. Maybe your board is running hotter than it used to..maybe take the switch plate off and have a look.

Definitely needs further investigation :)

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
The reason he removed the 18350 recommendations, according to him was because none of them were trustworthy. He doesn't have time to continually test them since they're re-wraps they can change at anytime. He said the next batch of Vapcell's had changed cells and no longer 10amp but 9amp so the company left a bad taste in his mouth because they didn't change the wrap, although they eventually changed their wrapper accordingly. I've been running 1.0+ohm builds with the Keeppowers though they last quite awhile for me in the Bantam. Seems like the go to battery for Bantams on FB.

There is an updated post about the Vapcell 18350 by Mooch in another place (not going to post a link) that can be found. What it comes down to is all the 18350's regardless of brand are re-wraps so it's a guessing game.
I'm using the Exocell 350 which apparently is the maker that vapecell re-wraps. So if you get these then you can be sure you're getting a good battery :)

EXO18350S

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Well...i've probably been indulging myself too much. Also it was my first try on the Bantam with the separate bridge and 1.5 ohm coils and although the draw is not my style I quite like it....and the flavour is very good :)
Now you just need one of the BB Vapes gold condensation plugs to finish the look. ;)
CPlug.jpg

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Reactions: dwcraig1

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Aah well I may as well go a little deeper down the rabbit hole before I emerge fully refreshed :D

EDIT. By the way...have you received your Xeta yet? You are on the list right?
Sorry not on the list, I don't play the X1, F5, raffle shenanigans that the elitist groups play, if I can't click a buy now button I'm not interested. ;)

The Xeta looks like an improved Exocet, let us know how it is when you get yours. :thumb:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
It seems likely that the heat and therefore condensation is coming from that black insulating plug just next to the corner magnet. Maybe your board is running hotter than it used to..maybe take the switch plate off and have a look.

Definitely needs further investigation :)
Yet use a different fire button side panel and everything is fine. It is just that one stock panel causes the condensation build up. Weird, eh?

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
Sorry not on the list, I don't play the X1, F5, raffle shenanigans that the elitist groups play, if I can't click a buy now button I'm not interested. ;)

The Xeta looks like an improved Exocet, let us know how it is when you get yours. :thumb:

FT have it on their radar:
Product request - HAKU XETA RBA: FastTech Forums
I have sent the product request to our related department. We may list this HAKU XETA RBA to our store soon.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Yet use a different fire button side panel and everything is fine. It is just that one stock panel causes the condensation build up. Weird, eh?
Yes I noticed that when I continued reading. Have you checked that the panel is absolutely plumb flat?

Reactions: BillW50

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
It's the panel on the switch side I thought.
No it is on the switch side but is the actual switch plate I thought although I'd does make some sense that changing the decorative panel may stop the issue.... I'm confused now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread