Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I really like the vapeshell, but am tempted by that crossbow, but will say the plugs really make it even more tempting, I have like the black plug in their picture, but doesn't have the inserts, but really helps with no leaking though and restricting the air flow.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2009
    Australia
    Packaging description matches the picture, so I would say yes included.

I hope that's right, I need plugs for my BB and Bantam so I order 2 crossbows, always good to have spares anyway...

I'm a very-tight draw, high-ohm, low-watt user so I've resisted buying any of the other rebuildables, the Crossbow "seems" to be the best for my kind of vaping...

I had given up hope of these clones reappearing, so I'm pretty happy right now, lol....

EDIT: it looks like that style of condensation plug usually comes with the genuine Crossbows, so they probably do come with the clone also:
    SVT CROSSBOW BILLET BOX RBA BRIDGE
    &

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I hope that's right, I need plugs for my BB and Bantam so I order 2 crossbows, always good to have spares anyway...

I'm a very-tight draw, high-ohm, low-watt user so I've resisted buying any of the other rebuildables, the Crossbow "seems" to be the best for my kind of vaping...

I had given up hope of these clones reappearing, so I'm pretty happy right now, lol....

EDIT: it looks like that style of condensation plug usually comes with the genuine Crossbows, so they probably do come with the clone also:
    SVT CROSSBOW BILLET BOX RBA BRIDGE
    &

I'm also a MTL vaper, and the vapeshell with the knightbridge inserts makes a great MTL vape. But still going to try the crossbow too though.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2009
    Australia
    I'm also a MTL vaper, and the vapeshell with the knightbridge inserts makes a great MTL vape. But still going to try the crossbow too though.

I've been very tempted by the vapeshell but the crossbow appears to have a narrower chimney and such, good MTL RBA's tend to be restricted all the way through... and since it's designed for MTL only I figured it was more likely to suit my needs...

The amount of money I've spent on the BB & Bantam already I've been reluctant to throw more money into parts unless I'm confident they will suit my needs... I bought the SXK bridge and some coils, they look like they might be good...

I've only actually used my BB for a few weeks with a nautilus coil.... I'm travelling for a few months so it's been easier to just use my old reliable Aspire Plato with nautilus coils rather than fiddling around perfecting the BB while on the road.... Since I don't have condensation plugs I was screwing around with bits of tube over the bottom of the coil to restrict the airflow, and shoving tissue in around the bottom to catch the condensation, it was all a bit of a pain....

I've since ordered quite a few bits including the Bantam, so it will be like christmas when I get home next month, lol

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    2F has a listing for one they are calling "Cross", there is no picture and not much description so I figured that if I ordered it that it would turn out to be a Vape Shell so I held off. I instantly ordered the one above ^^^

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    @BillW50 posted this link awhile back:
    Aspire Triton RTA System
    They fit in the A tank, I have 4 of them arriving tomorrow.
    TRITON-COIL-RDA-4.jpg

Chuck Norris

Jul 21, 2019
    2F has a listing for one they are calling "Cross", there is no picture and not much description so I figured that if I ordered it that it would turn out to be a Vape Shell so I held off. I instantly ordered the one above ^^^

The other one they list is a crossbow but the kindbright version, I had it a couple weeks ago....it’s pants. The air hole in the 510 was only half open so super (super) tight draw and unusable. I stripped it down and realigned but it’s still not great.

The SXK is meant to be better quality but still not great from what I’ve read. I was going to get it but I’ll hold off a while.

Chuck Norris

Jul 21, 2019
    @BillW50 posted this link awhile back:
    Aspire Triton RTA System
    They fit in the A tank, I have 4 of them arriving tomorrow.
    View attachment 832629

I picked up a load of these when they were on offer last year, dirt cheap!

They’re a bit fiddly to build but not bad. I was going to use them in my A tank but finally had the EUC adapter this week so they’re getting shelves for now and I’ve stuck a euc ceramic 0.5 in here. Excellent coils!!!!

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I picked up a load of these when they were on offer last year, dirt cheap!
    They still are dirt cheap, only 99¢. I picked mine up last April.
    They’re a bit fiddly to build but not bad. I was going to use them in my A tank but finally had the EUC adapter this week so they’re getting shelves for now and I’ve stuck a euc ceramic 0.5 in here. Excellent coils!!!!
    Yes I built one back in April and tossed it in a spare A-Tank. All I need to do is to add juice. But I have been enjoying my EUC and EC-M Mesh coil heads all of this time so much. ;)

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I am having a strange condensation problem (?) on one of my SXK BB. It isn't making any sense to me at all. I even completely disassembled the box and everything else is bone dry. It gets wet in these 2 spots. Keep the panel off and it stays bone dry. Maybe I should vape with one of those clear panels when they arrive to see how the vapor is getting there. I have frosted panels, but you can't see much with those.

Condensation Problem.jpg

FLICK

ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2009
    Australia
    I just stumbled across this on FT:
    Product Request - SXK Crossbow Styled RTA for Billet/Bantam Box: FastTech Forums
    We will not list the SXK Crossbow Styled RTA for Billet/Bantam Box, sorry.

I thought this would happen.... I usually wait for FT to stock things like this before I buy but they rarely stock branded clones these days, like with their vape shell which has the branding removed... So if you want one it looks like 3F is the go...

..... Unrelated... I'm just shopping for some 18350's for the Bantam, it looks like the purple Vapcell 1100mah are the best around at the moment, can anyone confirm these fit in the bantam ok? .. Thanks.
    s-l160oo0.jpg

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    I am having a strange condensation problem (?) on one of my SXK BB. It isn't making any sense to me at all. I even completely disassembled the box and everything else is bone dry. It gets wet in these 2 spots. Keep the panel off and it stays bone dry. Maybe I should vape with one of those clear panels when they arrive to see how the vapor is getting there. I have frosted panels, but you can't see much with those.

View attachment 832787
    Lemme see if I got this.

With the panels on, you get some kind of juice accumulation, that seems to be condensation, only in the area around the southeast magnets on the button side, and only on the outside.

With the panels off it doesn't happen.

After it HAS happened, you fully disassemble the device and there is no sign of this anywhere else, or how it has gotten to that area?

Is that right?

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    With the panels on, you get some kind of juice accumulation, that seems to be condensation, only in the area around the southeast magnets on the button side, and only on the outside.
    Yes and if I don't clean it and wait until it runs out on the table, the opposite side straight through will also start pooling. It seems focused around the plastic positive battery insulator.
    With the panels off it doesn't happen.
    Yes, no juice anywhere.
    After it HAS happened, you fully disassemble the device and there is no sign of this anywhere else, or how it has gotten to that area?
    Correct. Although I never pulled out the positive insulator, just the battery and the trap door for the DNA board.

It even gets stranger since my post. I switched the fire button side panel with another BB's panel. Now the BB with the original problem is bone dry. And the BB that received that panel is now accumulating juice at that corner. This is the same panel which wobbled when I first received it. All I did is drove the one magnetic which was too high in the panel deeper and that had taken care of the wobble.

Since I have at least 8 spare panels, one could just say toss it. Sure, one could. But that dang curiosity is eating at me and I have no clue how it accumulates juice there. :?:

FLICK

ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2009
    Australia
    Yes and if I don't clean it and wait until it runs out on the table, the opposite side straight through will also start pooling. It seems focused around the plastic positive battery insulator.

Yes, no juice anywhere.

Correct. Although I never pulled out the positive insulator, just the battery and the trap door for the DNA board.

It even gets stranger since my post. I switched the fire button side panel with another BB's panel. Now the BB with the original problem is bone dry. And the BB that received that panel is now accumulating juice at that corner. This is the same panel which wobbled when I first received it. All I did is drove the one magnetic which was too high in the panel deeper and that had taken care of the wobble.

Since I have at least 8 spare panels, one could just say toss it. Sure, one could. But that dang curiosity is eating at me and I have no clue how it accumulates juice there. :?:

Odd little issue... if I had to guess I'd say after to take a toke and sitting it down, (upright or button side down?), a bit of vapour is venting down through where the board is and out that back corner... (edit: that door may not seal as well as the others), Maybe cover the vent hole below the button with a bit of tape and see if it changes anything, that might be enough to stop the airflow down through there.... (I think on the genuine BB they have a sticker covering that hole)

Last edited:

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018

Yes, no juice anywhere.

Ok, now that's far out.

I've read this entire thread and clearly you know what you're doing. That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Unless different magnets of different manufacturing specimens in the doors have different power and are somehow influencing something o_O

But magnets would only really effect electronics, if at all, and this is a mechanical issue.

I don't know man. That's a good one.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Yeah the crossbow is much like the vapeshell, but I like the domed chamber of the crossbow. That makes it different for me...an improved vapeshell if you will :p
    I'm a DTL vaper and run my Vapeshells with 0.3 to 0.7 Ohm Claptons. Usually 3mm diameter. Would the Crossbow handle that type of build?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread