SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FEED

Jul 29, 2019
I just stumbled across this on FT:
Product Request - SXK Crossbow Styled RTA for Billet/Bantam Box: FastTech Forums
We will not list the SXK Crossbow Styled rta for Billet/Bantam Box, sorry.

I thought this would happen.... I usually wait for FT to stock things like this before I buy but they rarely stock branded clones these days, like with their vape shell which has the branding removed... So if you want one it looks like 3F is the go...

..... Unrelated... I'm just shopping for some 18350's for the Bantam, it looks like the purple Vapcell 1100mah are the best around at the moment, can anyone confirm these fit in the bantam ok? .. Thanks.
View attachment 833087
I've been running the Keeppower 1200mAh 18350's in my Bantam.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I am having a strange condensation problem (?) on one of my SXK BB. It isn't making any sense to me at all. I even completely disassembled the box and everything else is bone dry. It gets wet in these 2 spots. Keep the panel off and it stays bone dry. Maybe I should vape with one of those clear panels when they arrive to see how the vapor is getting there. I have frosted panels, but you can't see much with those.

View attachment 832787
My guess is it's coming through at the battery positive insulator, about the only place that I can imagine.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
My guess is it's coming through at the battery positive insulator, about the only place that I can imagine.
That was my thought too. As all other ways to get to the other side has gaskets. And that is the only other way without any. But I am still puzzled how one panel could cause the problem. And that is a long trip for vapor without leaving a condensation trail behind.

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
That was my thought too. As all other ways to get to the other side has gaskets. And that is the only other way without any. But I am still puzzled how one panel could cause the problem. And that is a long trip for vapor without leaving a condensation trail behind.
Leaking past the positive pin, following the cells positive wire....that's what I'm thinking.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    BillW50 So all you swapped between the 2 units was only the panel itself? Not the boro or key? We all know the battery half of the box contains no electronics at all, but that + and insulator slides so a leak can present itself there. The only condensation I get anywhere is fine dots at the base of the boro, in the air gap between the boro legs/stand below the tank portion itself, and super fine slippery over by the battery that I can't even see.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    One of my 3D printed ABM squonker panels gets wet in the bottom corner, there isn't a drop of juice anywhere else but the bottom corner. Since this panel is 3D printed (honeycomb inside) I think there is juice in there and it is slowly working it's way out.

Nothing to do with your issue but odd none the less.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I apprciate all the feedback. While I have tried to flipping in around a few times with no improvement, I will try to see if a gasket transplant between tanks helps.
    On a side note- I contacted FT- sent them a video they requested- and they are sending out a 'replacement'. Not sure if that a new tank with glass and gasket, or just the gasket. Either way- somewhat surprised at the quick reply to try and make things right.
    I went through all of this. Nobody else was having problems but I sure did. I tried everything, washing it, exchanging it, getting it cold, getting it warm, liquiding it up more, then less, etc etc. Boxed it up, felt like enough time had been wasted. Because nobody else was having real problems, weeks later I unboxed it and tried again. Same thing. It is not for me. I sent it back. I have better things to do with my time. I have serious envy of all of those that make it work because it is one fine vape.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I am having a strange condensation problem (?) on one of my SXK BB. It isn't making any sense to me at all. I even completely disassembled the box and everything else is bone dry. It gets wet in these 2 spots. Keep the panel off and it stays bone dry. Maybe I should vape with one of those clear panels when they arrive to see how the vapor is getting there. I have frosted panels, but you can't see much with those.

View attachment 832787
    Are your doors and windows locked at night? Doug deploys gnomes to various points across the globe. They're said to follow the mail from FT to SXK buyers' homes. I reccomend a motion activated night vision camera.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    BillW50 So all you swapped between the 2 units was only the panel itself? Not the boro or key?
    Absolutely!
    We all know the battery half of the box contains no electronics at all, but that + and insulator slides so a leak can present itself there. The only condensation I get anywhere is fine dots at the base of the boro, in the air gap between the boro legs/stand below the tank portion itself, and super fine slippery over by the battery that I can't even see.
    Yes, without that troublesome panel, that is the condensation I am accustom too.
    I had to go back and read the part about switching panels and now the other one leaks. That's just too much for my little brain, are you sure that you didn't get the mods mixed up and it's still the same one that leaks?
    Absolutely sure.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2009
    Australia
    I've been running the Keeppower 1200mAh 18350's in my Bantam.

It seems Mooch has deleted the reviews for these so I had missed them in my search... I found the Keeppower review and "2018 18350 shootout" through Google cache, they seem much the same as the Vapcell's..... The Vapcells are $5aud per pair cheaper, and my preferred battery supplier has them, so think I'll stick with them.. but thanks for pointing out the Keeppower, I like to check out all my options :)

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Since this panel is 3D printed (honeycomb inside) I think there is juice in there and it is slowly working it's way out.
    I've seen that the odd time on mine, and IIRC I traced it back to a loose 510. Then the leak disappears. Oh, the liquid made it's way to the ledge the squonl door sits in and it gets shiny. I also found traces on the door itself, just that inner, outer edge with magnets.

Dam BillW50, just put a replacement close by, and start cussin at the misbehaving panel, it'll smarten up. ;) I'm at a loss.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I've seen that the odd time on mine, and IIRC I traced it back to a loose 510. Then the leak disappears. Oh, the liquid made it's way to the ledge the squonl door sits in and it gets shiny. I also found traces on the door itself, just that inner, outer edge with magnets.

Dam BillW50, just put a replacement close by, and start cussin at the misbehaving panel, it'll smarten up. ;) I'm at a loss.
    I'll hit it with the BB Vapes 510 wrench that will fix it. It's the one with the ModMaker 510, the Varitube one is dry as a bone.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Not very trustworthy according to Mooch. For the time being, get Vapcells unless you're running very high ohm coils.
    I recently bought 2 of the 25 amp/ 2800 mAh 18560 Vapcell batteries (based on Mooch's review). They've been good so far. One of my yihi mods gives a realtime meter of battery sag and these seem as good as or better than the VTC 5As. The other big plus is the extra sturdy wraps.

FEED

Jul 29, 2019
    The reason he removed the 18350 recommendations, according to him was because none of them were trustworthy. He doesn't have time to continually test them since they're re-wraps they can change at anytime. He said the next batch of Vapcell's had changed cells and no longer 10amp but 9amp so the company left a bad taste in his mouth because they didn't change the wrap, although they eventually changed their wrapper accordingly. I've been running 1.0+ohm builds with the Keeppowers though they last quite awhile for me in the Bantam. Seems like the go to battery for Bantams on FB.

There is an updated post about the Vapcell 18350 by Mooch in another place (not going to post a link) that can be found. What it comes down to is all the 18350's regardless of brand are re-wraps so it's a guessing game.

Last edited:

FEED

Jul 29, 2019
    It seems Mooch has deleted the reviews for these so I had missed them in my search... I found the Keeppower review and "2018 18350 shootout" through Google cache, they seem much the same as the Vapcell's..... The Vapcells are $5aud per pair cheaper, and my preferred battery supplier has them, so think I'll stick with them.. but thanks for pointing out the Keeppower, I like to check out all my options :)
    They're all very close with no standout difference. They should be just fine. Enjoy!

FLICK

ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2009
    Australia
    There is an updated post about the Vapcell 18350 by Mooch in another place (not going to post a link) that can be found. What it comes down to is all the 18350's regardless of brand are re-wraps so it's a guessing game.

He posted it here a few days ago:
    Bench Test Results: Vapcell 9A+10A 1100mAh 18350...almost accurately rated, looks like YDL 18350D

At the end of the day the deciding factor for me was price and availability, Vapcell won...

Edit: he's just reposted the Keeppower review also:
    Bench Test Results: Keeppower 10A 1200mAh 18350...bit overrated, looks like YDL 18350D

He suspects they're both the same YDL 18350D cells rewrapped, so yep, much of a muchness...
    Bench Test Results: YDL 15A 1100mAh 18350...10A rated, rewrapped by others

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread