SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
I'm using 26g Ti01 in my insider at .26 ohms in TC and get 2 refills per battery in TC.
I've been using twisted 28 Ti1 in my Exocet and Xeta (and other regular RTAs). 420F and 25 watts. .3 ohms. I get about the same. I got mine from Temco. Cheap. How titanium is not more popular is beyond me. It is superb for TC.

You're one of the answer men from the Evolv forums too. In fact I think it was you who helped me get rid of that annoying "temperature protected" message. :)

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    twisted 28 Ti1 in my Exocet and Xeta (and other regular RTAs). 420F and 25 watts. .3 ohms. I get about the same. I got mine from Temco. Cheap. How titanium is not more popular is beyond me. It is superb for TC.
    Only Temco here, but I also have that Unkamen SS430 and that's also good wire, and SS430 is NOT all nickel free like theirs, but I don't mind Nickel anyway. ;)

Glad I could help. :) We/they are all good folks. IMHO, I can be the crusty one at times :shock:

Sptz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Could anyone tell me how much does it weigh with an 18650 in it? I'm contemplating going the AIO route away from my Tesla WYE 85 (SUPER LIGHT and small) + EHPRO True MTL rta.

Have a few AIOs in mind but this one is up there for sure.

Might as well also ask, what's the best, in your opinion, rba option for MTL?

• Optimistic
    Reactions: dwcraig1

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    Only Temco here, but I also have that Unkamen SS430 and that's also good wire, and SS430 is NOT all nickel free like theirs, but I don't mind Nickel anyway. ;)

Glad I could help. :) We/they are all good folks. IMHO, I can be the crusty one at times :shock:
    Yeah, I have some industrial grade "hard" 28ga Ti and while it vapes fine, it is a royal world class pain to work with. The annealed medical grade is awesome. I only wish Temco had higher gauges than 34. Would make some killer claptons.

Aside from an easily trackable TCR curve, due it's low density properties, it ramps up like right now too.

I'm going to try out some SS430.

"Crusty" is allowed. Especially when some guys don't wanna listen. :D

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2012
    NC Foothills
    Could anyone tell me how much does it weigh with an 18650 in it? I'm contemplating going the AIO route away from my Tesla WYE 85 (SUPER LIGHT and small) + EHPRO True MTL RTA.

Have a few AIOs in mind but this one is up there for sure.

Might as well also ask, what's the best, in your opinion, rba option for MTL?

Mine is 216.93g with battery, full tank and Xeta

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2012
    NC Foothills
    Ok mates, just received my Sxk BB and Ytfk Xeta from FT today. Watched a build video from Todd but I was shooting in the dark on my build. For maybe the past 6 years, my goto for mtl and flavor has been an old Vicious Ant Cyclone v1 rda. Tight draw, maybe 1 or 1.2mm. Anyhoo, I just went a basic 28awg round, 2mm I.D. and came out at .95 ohm. I chose the small 2-hole insert for under the coil, middle insert for the chimney and closed off the base airflow except for a wee bit.

Have to admit, I'm pretty chuffed with the result. Vaping at 17w about the same as my pico/cyclone combo. Perhaps the Cyclone is a tad tighter but the BB is actually a decent mtl with this setup. For mtl, I don't like it too loose and this is falling just at the line. If I opened up the bottom airflow any more, it'd would probably be too loose but I thought that .8mm insert would be too tight.

So yeah, very happy. I'm vaping them side by side with the exact same diy Vanilla Almond Milk, almost exact same build (run 28awg, .8ohm in the cyclone) and same wattage. I really can't tell a difference in the flavor. Perhaps the cyclone brings out the milk note a bit more but that might just be me clinging to a 6 or 7 year attachment.

Tbh, when I first began messing with the BB build, trying to coax the rba through the tank holes and whatnot, it felt like a bit of a regression from a vape technology standpoint. But after vaping a few hours and realizing how easy refills are, I think this little bugger is winning my heart and mind. I have a 2nd BB/Xeta on the way and my plan is to build it for DL, no inserts at all. I like to have all bases covered depending on me mood. ;)

Btw, if you're like me and want the right tool for a job, that MIP hex driver in the photo is .050" and a perfect fit for those post grubs.

Sxk_BB_01.jpg

This vaping setup is Chester approved :thumb:

Sxk_BB_02.jpg

cheers

proax9

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    Pomona, NY
    Bantam is giving me problems.... 2 months old.
    rebuilt an Exocet (after having some issues with Kanger bridge/RBA).
    Reading .7 on ohm meter.
    Started using on Bantam and noticed Ohms are jumping from .7 to 1.1 to 2.0 - back and forth. One time it gave a 'check atomozer' message. But then worked the next vape.
    I assume it's a bad build. Bantam then show 'Battery Low' but gauge is showing 40-50% charged.
    Change out battery- and battery meter (a good one) shows 3.6 volts remaining.
    Decided to put build w/ Boro tank into my SXK BB. Steady reading of .7 ohms- no issues.

Any ideas to trouble shoot / repair Bantam?

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    Started using on Bantam and noticed Ohms are jumping from .7 to 1.1 to 2.0 - back and forth. One time it gave a 'check atomozer' message. But then worked the next vape.
    I assume it's a bad build.
    If it reads consistently the same on the ohm reader, I'd be inclined against the build being the issue. Even if the ohm reader is off a bit, the question is whether it gives close to the same resistance consistently. That would seem to indicate something with the mod.
    Decided to put build w/ Boro tank into my SXK BB. Steady reading of .7 ohms- no issues.
    This also points to the Bantam itself being the issue and not the build as it looks like you yourself have surmised.

The battery issue may or may not be from the same cause, but is definitely the mod too, assuming known good batteries.

If it were me, the first thing I would do is get me some of THIS and carefully clean it out real good, but I would try not to get that on the screen.

Reactions: chohan

proax9

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    Pomona, NY
    Anyone know how to remove the + contact for the tank on a Bantam? I'm thinking some juice may have gotten in there. Unlike a BB- the boards are above the tank, and off to the side, so I doubt there is an issue there.
    On the BB it's relatively easy to push it through to the back, but this doesn't seem to want to move.

lupinehorror

bròn
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    got my sxk xeta clone at the weekend. dry hit central. wound a 4 core clapton with a 2.5mm ID (came out at 0.33 ohms) and got it in there o problem. wicked it once with rayon and once with cotton. here are some rather awful pictures
    JcJLrGM.jpg

sCaoojz.jpg

excuse the legs. sunday is shorts day...
    sGU3UDp.jpg

WYcqlkj.jpg

strangely the rayon came out clean with no darkening (i didn't remove the cotton). should i adjust the screws under the wicking hole? used 80VG liquid and no airflow insert. bit disappointed currently.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    got my sxk xeta clone at the weekend. dry hit central. wound a 4 core clapton with a 2.5mm ID (came out at 0.33 ohms) and got it in there o problem. wicked it once with rayon and once with cotton. here are some rather awful pictures
    JcJLrGM.jpg

sCaoojz.jpg

excuse the legs. sunday is shorts day...
    sGU3UDp.jpg

WYcqlkj.jpg

strangely the rayon came out clean with no darkening (i didn't remove the cotton). should i adjust the screws under the wicking hole? used 80VG liquid and no airflow insert. bit disappointed currently.
    You should turn the wick tails away from the glass and the back of the box as in that position it will hinder wicking. You might try a thinner liquid or turn down the power some.

• Useful
    Reactions: lupinehorror

lupinehorror

bròn
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    You should turn the wick tails away from the glass and the back of the box as in that position it will hinder wicking. You might try a thinner liquid or turn down the power some.
    cheers.
    with the second build i did turn the ports away from the back and front. you may well be right about the viscosity. might mix a wee 65 or 70VG for testing.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Anyone know how to remove the + contact for the tank on a Bantam? I'm thinking some juice may have gotten in there. Unlike a BB- the boards are above the tank, and off to the side, so I doubt there is an issue there.
    On the BB it's relatively easy to push it through to the back, but this doesn't seem to want to move.
    If you are referring to the contact at the bottom of the Boro box having some juice there isn't going to do anything. Juice on the board's components is another matter.

Reactions: gsmit1

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    If you are referring to the contact at the bottom of the Boro box having some juice there isn't going to do anything. Juice on the board's components is another matter.
    You might have a look at where the board grounds to the case.

Reactions: gsmit1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread