SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
If someone wants to buy the original dog, it's in stock again at Animodz : Doggystyle 2K16

It says it comes with a Quadrant tank, what kind of material is that, is it better than PC/acrylic tanks sold on FT ?
I just got the email saying it is back in stock.Went to check and already sold out! Maybe one day i will get an original.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Dog tool, if needed.

Attachments

• Dog tool.jpg
    Dog tool.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 76

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
On the SJMY version it is on so tight that once you set it in position it is unlikely to change even with considerable force. I have refilled mine many times and never had to remove the ring and it has not moved. I set it once when I got it and never removed it again. I guess the o-ring is a bit tighter than the one reported on the SXK version. Just a guess.

I do not need it but for those who do, new Doggy toy to open the tank. Video at the bottom of link.

DoggyToy – Noir et Rose
So is there anybody else here using the SJMY version that doesn't have issues with the AF ring? Loving the Doggy, but I really can see how this will get on my nerves. Especially since I've developed the habit of being a tank mixer.

I'd get the frosted SJMY if it eliminates that, but I really do prefer the clear - with the polished chimney, it just sparkles, and makes the juice look cleaner and more "inviting" than brushed chimneys. So I'd prefer to see it, rather than mask with the frosted glass.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
So is there anybody else here using the SJMY version that doesn't have issues with the AF ring? Loving the Doggy, but I really can see how this will get on my nerves. Especially since I've developed the habit of being a tank mixer.

I'd get the frosted SJMY if it eliminates that, but I really do prefer the clear - with the polished chimney, it just sparkles, and makes the juice look cleaner and more "inviting" than brushed chimneys. So I'd prefer to see it, rather than mask with the frosted glass.
Not sure what you mean with issues from the ring? I never take it off. To fill i just tighten the ring quite tight on the mod.When it is time to fill just turn mod upside down then unscrew tank,fill and retighten lightly.Dead easy. Another option is a very small drop of superglue on ring so it is tight all the time.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
I just received my SXK Doggy Style from FT today. This thing is splendidly simple. I could almost build it with my eyes closed. An awesome little MTL tank IMHO. I'm kinda surprised there's not more buzz about it on this forum. I wholeheartedly recommend this little guy for all the Tootie-Puffers out there!
The lack of buzz here can be caused by the wondering about how to prevent the deck from being drowned in juice?

Reactions: stols001

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
The lack of buzz here can be caused by the wondering about how to prevent the deck from being drowned in juice?
Drowned in juice? The most leak free tank by far i have ever used. I have had two going constantly for a year without a drop of leakage.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

I prefer the clear for the same reasons. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The secret is to just tighten them until they stop then a minute bit more.After awhile it becomes second nature.

I've actually gotten pretty good at this! I haven't used my needle-nosed in over a week. I didn't realize we didn't need to tighten them up. :blush:

It's these little things that make me proud of myself. :D

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Based on the answers here, I don't think everyone is on the same page, or I'm just confused (a common occurrence!:)). It seems some are talking about how easy it is to remove the AF ring, and whether they do. Others are talking about how easy/hard it is to unscrew to fill.

I think the issue with this tank is: With most tanks, it's pretty clear cut - grab top of the tank while holding the base to leave the deck on the mod, or grab lower on the deck and unscrew the whole thing. This one just doesn't give as much room to grip them independently. I've been playing with it, and with mine, grabbing the tank only unscrews it from the base most of the time. And If I apply enough pressure to the ring while grabbing it at the base, I guess it's easy enough to unscrew the whole atty. But it would have made it easier to do (without even looking at it), and more foolproof if they'd made a stop point on the ring. And if you really tighten the tank to the deck, I guess it could make it harder to remove the tank only.

Anyway, I still like it either way! I was thinking of trying the SJMY, not just for the potentially tighter ring, but to try the larger airflow hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread