Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Went ahead and ordered a black one. Thank you VERY much for sharing this. So I'll have a pair of mini m's, how many do you guys have? Also probably gonna sell my other mods now.
All good! It is my only one. I doubt I need another as it is a beast.

Funny story....

A buddy and I went to Nashville from Canada for a few nights to see a couple of concerts and a hockey game. I did a search a few days before to see if there were any vape shops nearby and I found VolVapor.

I looked at their stock/prices and all was average except the SX Mini. I didn't bother ordering one as I thought they would be gone.

On Sat, my buddy was a whiny hung over beatch so I did the 1/2 mile walk over to VolVapor for something to do. They had SX Minis left which surprised me. I asked if they were fake and the dude in the store did the upgrade to 75w and we confirmed it was authentic.

In any case, if my buddy wasn't such a whiny idiot, I wouldn't have a $59.95 SX Mini. ;)

Reactions: StrahmNoMore

Dshobe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Denver, CO
Thanks for the heads-up! Just bought a black one as well. I bought a used one in the classifieds for the same price yesterday, lol. It's great having (inexpensive) extras around for when someone important to you says they're ready to lay down the cancer sticks and start vaping!

Reactions: BreSha6869

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
All good! It is my only one. I doubt I need another as it is a beast.

Funny story....

A buddy and I went to Nashville from Canada for a few nights to see a couple of concerts and a hockey game. I did a search a few days before to see if there were any vape shops nearby and I found VolVapor.

I looked at their stock/prices and all was average except the SX Mini. I didn't bother ordering one as I thought they would be gone.

On Sat, my buddy was a whiny hung over beatch so I did the 1/2 mile walk over to VolVapor for something to do. They had SX Minis left which surprised me. I asked if they were fake and the dude in the store did the upgrade to 75w and we confirmed it was authentic.

In any case, if my buddy wasn't such a whiny idiot, I wouldn't have a $59.95 SX Mini. ;)
Nice! Well, I guess we should both thank your buddy for being hungover then lol. Cause that is seriously the best deal I think I've ever found on a mod anywhere. And it's not even on vaping cheap.com! Mine's supposed to be delivered Sat. I'm glad I was able to get a black one, but at that price I'd have ordered pink and bought a sleeve if necessary. And you are right....it is a beast!

Reactions: BreSha6869

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
With the release of the ML Class, I doubt many people will be interested. But I found a guy that offers hydro dip services. I sent him a pic of the M class. He is supposed to get back with me on if he can do it and with pricing. If anyone is interested, I will post if he is able to do it and how much.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt

VapeySarge

Apr 4, 2016
Hi folks,

Just reading through the thread (my it's a beast) and thought I'd add my experience. Have had the SX Mini for 7 months now, loving it, until this morning when trying to use the USB to charge (as I have done for the past 7 months) and it now doesn't accept the charge. The port is still recognised via PC so I can upgrade the firmware, it simply does not come up as charging when the USB is connected, this is the same on multiple cables, either connected to the wall or through a PC. Thankfully I've also got a few spare batteries and chargers so it's not a massive problem, just kind of goes with the 3 month warranty that they put as a disclaimer on the USB port compared to the year warranty for the rest of the unit... I kind of felt it would go sooner or later.

I've looked after it very well, had no issues with it, not bent or snapped it (i.e. the port itself has no play or give) but it just decided to give up the ghost this morning. I've given it a full power cycle (by removing the battery etc.) but no joy. If I've missed any solutions or fixes during this thread and someone has seen a remedy to this I'd be most appreciative of a response.

Just my 2 cents, love the mod and will just go on to using replacement batteries instead.

Also, has anyone noticed the torx screws at the bottom of the unit coming loose? I've had this happen recently where the threading for the screws seems to have gone, but I've never even tried to remove them! Perhaps I've got a dud unit... I just use sellotape to hold them in place now...

Cheers,

Sarge

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Noticing a lot less "sag" in the battery meter with 2.36. I'm running a 0.23ohm SS316L dual 26/32 Clapton at 50J/500F/Standard/TCR 0.00092 in a Gemini RTA.

With a fresh 30Q or fresh HG2, it would still show sag down to 75% with the old 2.32 firmware when firing, and show almost 100% sag when pulsing to maintain temp. With the new 2.36 firmware, it only shows about 25% sag as it reaches temp, and about 50% sag maximum as it maintains temp.

Flashed back to 2.32 just to make sure my memory of how it displayed sag wasn't faulty. Nope, showed sag nearly to 100% on a fresh battery when maintaining temp. Flashed to 2.36 again, ~50% less sag shown.

Now, I keep using that word "show" when talking about sag, because it could be something as simple as Yihi changing how sag is displayed, and nothing different in the underlying performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread