Not open for further replies.

Kencalise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
hi, guys!
I am new to Tc.
I have SXMINI M Class with subtank mini.
I only use the OCC nickel coils @0.15 ohm.
My sxmini m always give me wrong resistance readings.
I have to do the sync for few times to get close to 0.15ohm, sometimes it would show 0.4 -0.5 ohm.
did anyone experience the same thing? or i got a faulty device?
Here is my setting, 450F@27.5J, 0.14ohm.
Using ruthless EZ duz it on ice @3mg.
Please show me yr settings.
Thank you!

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
hi, guys!
I am new to Tc.
I have SXMINI M Class with subtank mini.
I only use the OCC nickel coils @0.15 ohm.
My sxmini m always give me wrong resistance readings.
I have to do the sync for few times to get close to 0.15ohm, sometimes it would show 0.4 -0.5 ohm.
did anyone experience the same thing? or i got a faulty device?
Here is my setting, 450F@27.5J, 0.14ohm.
Using ruthless EZ duz it on ice @3mg.
Please show me yr settings.
Thank you!

Probably not a good idea to use the OCC coils in the Subtank as the contact points of the coil legs are held in place with a rubber grommet (not a great connection). Using ni200 which is very low resistance you need to have very solid connections or your resistance will float around and from what I've read the OCC coils are hit or miss. I have had great success using the Subtank RBA deck and building my own ni200 coils on it. You might give that a try

Kencalise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
Probably not a good idea to use the OCC coils in the Subtank as the contact points of the coil legs are held in place with a rubber grommet (not a great connection). Using ni200 which is very low resistance you need to have very solid connections or your resistance will float around and from what I've read the OCC coils are hit or miss. I have had great success using the Subtank RBA deck and building my own ni200 coils on it. You might give that a try

I broke my old rba deck(it broke after the first build, cheap quality), i will get the new one with the large air holes.
could u share more about yr build and settings, such as what gauge is the ni200, wraps, and proper tools?
I am really new on this. lol
Thank you very much!

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I broke my old rba deck(it broke after the first build, cheap quality), i will get the new one with the large air holes.
could u share more about yr build and settings, such as what gauge is the ni200, wraps, and proper tools?
I am really new on this. lol
Thank you very much!

Sure, Both my SXmini m's I'm running daily I have a Subtank mini with the RBA deck. My build is 28g ni200 5 wraps on about a 3mm mandrel and they usually come out to around .08Ω-.09Ω I typically run in Eco mode and Joules are usually between 21-23 with temp probably around 410F- 450F depending on juice. Here's a good place to start to figure where your resistances should roughly be with your setup. Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators Also you'll probably get more feedback if you post in the SXmin M Temp control thread. SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL) | E-Cigarette Forum

Kencalise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
Sure, Both my SXmini m's I'm running daily I have a Subtank mini with the RBA deck. My build is 28g ni200 5 wraps on about a 3mm mandrel and they usually come out to around .08Ω-.09Ω I typically run in Eco mode and Joules are usually between 21-23 with temp probably around 410F- 450F depending on juice. Here's a good place to start to figure where your resistances should roughly be with your setup. Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators Also you'll probably get more feedback if you post in the SXmin M Temp control thread. SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL) | E-Cigarette Forum

Thank you very much, my fd. seems like i have a lot to study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread