SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Is it possible to put a sticky at the top of this massive thread with an updateable list of known/confirmed firmware bugs etc? It would be a good point of reference for yihi for example
when considering the content of future firmware updates...

That's an excellent idea. I was wondering yesterday if Yihi had a change log for bug fixes etc.. that could be made public. Maybe add to papapro's list of questions for them. I did post a list of my cons several pages back that could be added to the list :)

Reactions: Sgt. Pepper

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Varitube emailed me back and told me... "We can correct that. Can you take pictures and email them to us." Now, I don't know what they mean by correct. Hopefully they mean send a new unit, and not open mine up and work on it. I asked them about that. If they plan on opening it up then I will just keep it as it is.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Been wanting to buy a Lemo 2 to put on the SX Mini, just have heard so many negative reviews about them, as well as positive. If it weren't so 50/50 I would get one. My Lemo 1 works as well as always, with all of my air holes drilled out.

Yea for sure. Some love them some hate them. I started looking at them after a few here in the thread were raving about them. But I don't care for the way they capture the coil and after watching Suck My Mods review decided against it. He seemed to have problems with thick VG with his. I haven't had any problems with the Subtank Mini's regardless of the thickness of the juice so I'm sticking with them for now. :)

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Yea for sure. Some love them some hate them. I started looking at them after a few here in the thread were raving about them. But I don't care for the way they capture the coil and after watching Suck My Mods review decided against it. He seemed to have problems with thick VG with his. I haven't had any problems with the Subtank Mini's regardless of the thickness of the juice so I'm sticking with them for now. :)
Ditto, I watched Suck My Mod review and decided against it. I picked up an Atlantis V2 and holy crap airflow for days.... Just ordered the version 2 rba deck for the atlantis 2 as well... I am anxious to throw a nickel build of my own on it.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA

My experience vs. the review you mentioned: balderdash.

Wicking is simply beautiful, efficient, high or MavVG. Cannot understand how he came to the conclusions he did. Only explanation I have is user error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

refuzeandrezizt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Western, KY
yes, it happens each time I do it. I wait for at least 10 seconds after the screen goes out before I hit the fire button, if I don't the resistance lock comes back on.

My screen stays on for over 1 minute after I hit the fire button to take a vape. Is there anyway to lesson the time? I notice when I was watching youtube video reviews, the reviewer would have to keep hitting the button to keep the screen on. I'm sure it's draining my battery quicker than I would like.

Yes, the screen stays on for 1 minute after the fire button is pressed, and like 6 to 8 seconds if you hit the up or down button. I hated that with my Sigelei 150, but I got used to it.

Reactions: Sgt. Pepper

refuzeandrezizt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Western, KY

Wicking is simply beautiful, efficient, high or MavVG. Cannot understand how he came to the conclusions he did. Only explanation I have is user error.

Yep, he did do a follow up in another review where it was pointed out that he was putting it together too tight and it was squeezing the rubber o-ring into the juice channels.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth

Yea that's one of the biggest problems to me. One says they're great another says they suck. To much inconsistency in peoples experiences with it. Not saying either is right or wrong just inconsistent experiences. Then throw on top of that my preference for the way it captures the coil makes it no dice for me.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth

You should have seen Rip Trippers first review. It was only up for about 15 min before he pulled it down. He had juice all over the device, his hands etc.. was pretty funny. He appended it and uploaded the next day because he had been filling it incorrectly for a couple weeks.

refuzeandrezizt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Western, KY
Kool. It's not just me. thanks,

Nope, I noticed that right off the bat. When I got the iStick50 I was thrilled that the screen cutoff was so short, and since I rarely vaped anything tank wise over about 40 watts, I just started using that all the time. Then the M came along and I had been on the fence with TC mods. Decided that 60 watts was plenty for me on a regulated mod, and TC was just an added bonus, so I sold the Sigelei and went for the M. Although the screen staying on for a minute is somewhat annoying, it draws so little power that it really shouldn't hurt battery performance that much at all.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I will await on Varitube's response and see what my options are....will keep anyone updated if they want.

Tell them that they should send you the replacement, prior to you sending them back the one you have. Offer to give them your credit card # which they can hold onto, without charging, and that you'll send your defective SX back to them within 3 days of receiving the replacement SX.

IF they don't get your device back within two weeks? three weeks?, they you pre-authorize them to go ahead and charge your cc for the 2nd device. if they get the defective one back in time (which they certainly would), then they're not at a loss....

Explain that you don't want to be without your SX, and this allows you to keep the one you now have, until they get the other one sent out. They shouldn't be in a hurry to get the defective one back, they just want to make sure they eventually get it back!

I'd then make sure to have a tracking #, or signature required, when you return the defective SX, to make sure that once you send it out, there are no mishaps.....

Other companies have allowed me to do this in similar situations...

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
So varitube responded to me after I sent the pics to them. This is what they said.

" We're YiHi's authorized repair center and we will correct it."

I'm iffy about them doing this, thoughts?

Few of us have suggested seeing if they would do a cross ship with credit card hold. Have you requested that? I know it's frustrating buying something and it being defective right out of the box but a lot of company's have a clause similar to.

"provide new or equivalent-to-new refurbished parts in good working condition, or repair or replace the hardware returned"

I've been down this road with cell phones in the past, Bought a new $600 phone then two weeks later end up with a refurbished. I wasn't very happy about that deal but it did look like new and it didn't have the defects and in the end was a great phone.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Few of us have suggested seeing if they would do a cross ship with credit card hold. Have you requested that? I know it's frustrating buying something and it being defective right out of the box but a lot of company's have a clause similar to.

"provide new or equivalent-to-new refurbished parts in good working condition, or repair or replace the hardware returned"

I've been down this road with cell phones in the past, Bought a new $600 phone then two weeks later end up with a refurbished. I wasn't very happy about that deal but it did look like new and it didn't have the defects and in the end was a great phone.
I mentioned the credit card deal and he said no because he can't sell a sx mini that I have used and he fixed. Basically the only option is for me to send it in, wait for him to fix it, then he sends it back. Plus I have to pay shipping to them.

CPT.SPALDING

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
WINNIPEG,MB.CANADA
I just picked up an M class from a local vendor last Thursday and its been fantastic so far. Has anyone noticed a pronounced button rattle from the two adjustment buttons ? Mine has a little rattle in the buttons,but is otherwise flawless . A co-worker who also has one doesn't have this issue with his. Im not obsessing over getting it fixed,just curious as to how wide spread the issue is.

refuzeandrezizt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Western, KY
I just picked up an M class from a local vendor last Thursday and its been fantastic so far. Has anyone noticed a pronounced button rattle from the two adjustment buttons ? Mine has a little rattle in the buttons,but is otherwise flawless . A co-worker who also has one doesn't have this issue with his. Im not obsessing over getting it fixed,just curious as to how wide spread the issue is.

No rattle from mine. I'm pretty used to having rattle, so even if it was there I don't think it would bother me. I never spend much time shaking my devices...lol

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I mentioned the credit card deal and he said no because he can't sell a sx mini that I have used and he fixed. Basically the only option is for me to send it in, wait for him to fix it, then he sends it back. Plus I have to pay shipping to them.

Well it sounds like your options are limited. Probably wouldn't have been a problem if you had just put it back in the box as soon as you got it rather than using it. Unfortunately it looks like your going to have to decide if it bothers you enough to send in and have repaired or live with it as is. I feel your pain. :(

CPT.SPALDING

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
WINNIPEG,MB.CANADA
No rattle from mine. I'm pretty used to having rattle, so even if it was there I don't think it would bother me. I never spend much time shaking my devices...lol

Me neither...lol I also have been using my VS Dna 30 for about 10 months,so im pretty used to button rattle..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread