SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
just visited divorce court with my dna200. yihi, geez what can I say you rock! this company is the real deal. did not force us to buy ml. I miss my paint job but who cares.
I just married an ugly mod with brains.

hint: on windows 10 upgrade without the battery in it.

bugguy

Jan 12, 2014
utah
just visited divorce court with my dna200. yihi, geez what can I say you rock! this company is the real deal. did not force us to buy ml. I miss my paint job but who cares.
I just married an ugly mod with brains.

hint: on windows 10 upgrade without the battery in it.
Are you saying if I'm using Windows 10 take the battery out and then do the upgrade and it will work?

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
if it fails with the battery in. connect it without the battery in. then try to proceed with the upgrade without the battery the whole time. disconnect the cable before you install the battery again. this is at your own risk. should be fine but flashing any rom carries some risk. I doubt any more risk without the battery though. every pc is different. what works on one may not work on another.

the divorce was a joke I hope everyone knows. I still like dna200. yihi is just super duper. every darn phone carrier should take a lesson from them. to be honest though I just cannot get the oomph out of the dna that I get with the sxmm.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Just went to do the upgrade on my wife's computer & when I click SXI driver etc it says computer can't open file. Anyone know a free download I can get to open rar files? Still running Windows 7.

Have you previously downloaded the SXI Driver Installer and installed it onto the PC?

You can get the SXI Driver here if not. It's .rar so you need to extract it and install it.
http://www.yihisxmini.com/download/YiHi-SXi-Setup-v20150522-1621.rar

Once the SXI Driver is installed use this for the English 2.32 firmware update which is also a .rar and needs to be extracted.
http://www.yihisxmini.com/download/...ass-75W-English-V2.32-TCR&OFFSET-20151010.rar

Reactions: jurdanas

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
How long does it take to update? my pc is still chugging along after two hours.
I do not have battery installed! should it be?
Just a bit worried to disturb proceedings in case It might just stuff things up.

Burnie,

If it takes more than a minute something is terribly wrong. Now I am not telling you to interrupt it that could cause more problems. But sooner or later you will have to make that decision.

You upgraded once before how long did it take the first time you did it?

PS - it should work with or without the battery. For me I have less trouble with the battery out.

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia
You upgraded once before how long did it take the first time you did it?
Just a minute or two! that's the worry:( I guess its time for a power blackout with fingers crossed.
Have been browsing for hours there are so many suggestions on the subject, its frustrating, thanks for the reply.
just do not unplug it while it is upgrading! if it is doing so for 3 hours I guess you do not have much choice then. it probably did not even start though if that is what is going on.
All fixed:thumbs: it appears that my PC decided to do a system scan at the same time as I attempted the update, so nothing was affected after I pulled the USB plug.
Everything is now updated, now to start the learning curve again.
Thanks guys

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
Thanks guys! Everything is upgraded & working great.
I would also like to praise @yihisxmini for making this upgrade available to the M class owners. For me this goes a long way in helping me choose Yihi devices in the future. In my opinion I think Yihi will gain more sales in the future from M class owners who think they have a solid upgradable device versus them making us buy a slightly upgraded ML class at this time if we wanted the new features. Which many of us wouldn't have done. I am far more likely now to buy the next SX mini after the ML. Because let's face it, no matter how upgradable a device is we are going to buy more devices!

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Just a minute or two! that's the worry:( I guess its time for a power blackout with fingers crossed.
Have been browsing for hours there are so many suggestions on the subject, its frustrating, thanks for the reply.

All fixed:thumbs: it appears that my PC decided to do a system scan at the same time as I attempted the update, so nothing was affected after I pulled the USB plug.
Everything is now updated, now to start the learning curve again.
Thanks guys

Gee Burnie,

I went to bed after reading about your problem and had nightmares about your apparent problem thanks alot. :)

Glad it worked out to be nothing more than a trial of your patience.

Reactions: Quantum Mech

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I gotta say the Ti01 mode seems to work great. I'm using .29 coils 26awg at 14J 410F 25CT and all are vaping perfectly. So far I'm pretty impressed. I think I will try SS next although the NiFe30 sounds interesting but according to wire wizard I can build the same coil with SS316L With 26awg and come out around .4ohms with a TCR of .00087 I am wondering how it works with a contact coil say 7 wraps. Would be a higher resistance coil but really don't know what works better with SS contact or spaced. I think you can dry burn SS too if I'm not mistaken. Sounds a lot like Kanthal except better.

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
I was wondering about SS too. What grade or number is the best? Or does it depend on your preference. I would also like to know if your coils need to be contact or spaced. I just started using Ti & it seems ok. I'm not as impressed by it as I thought I would be. With my 28g the coils are still very easily messed up when cleaning. Not as bad as Ni but still. I am hoping SS is a lot like Kanthal as far as being able to use the coil for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread