SXmini mod ... Yihi

Status
Not open for further replies.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
Does TC in any way enhance, improve vaping in general , except for the fact that there is a dry-coil function? Does it make the taste better? Does it make the vape any different from wattage usage ? There is of course a difference as there is a possibility to make the vape cooler or warmer, but besides that, is there any other difference ?
I've heard others speculate that lower ohms require lower voltage and may result in longer battery life. But I don't notice that myself. If anything, I'm changing batteries more often with TC. They also say that coils will gunk up less with TC. But I think that's more a result of spaced coils and flavorings in your juice.

Steven070

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2015
TC does show a lower voltage than the wattage modus, so it should be battery saving. Perhaps the temp-limiting function ( that pulsing rattling sound ) does eat away the voltage that is being saved and more. Haven't tried it myself but would be happy to know the most economic way to use the device as I walk around with 3 Sammy 25r to cover the day :p

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I don't think YiHi is even making the S class any more. I've got two SXM S class that I use tanks on. Don't need TC for my tanks since I never get dry hits.

Same here. TC is not for me really and I think it is still in its infancy. I am not interested in getting an M class, my S is more than enough for me. I was interested in seeing the eco mode in my mini though, and see if it makes a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: petemoss

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Modes are just ramp time or power Boost on the high side.
If you vape consistently for X seconds it will save power............and deliver a weaker vape.

The advantage of TC is in consistency. Your Vape is regulated to a specific temp according to the Algorithm reading the Coil wire.
Without TC your Vape continues to rise with duration and can affect vape quality.
If you get a perfect flavor taste at 430 degrees, you don't want the coil temp rising to 600 degrees.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
just a simple update here.
soon after I saw the post with the pic of the mod apart, I have figured out how to clear the grain of sand that was making it stick.
all better now.
This rig gets some tough abuse daily, it just keeps on ticking.
The paint is all gone now, it is monotone at this point and looks like it was meant to be that way.:cool:

Steven070

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2015
Paint damage on an expensive device is painful, but then again, it's an item you use. Go use a Ferrari and expect some wear n tear as well. Wrap up a skin and gone are the cosmetic issues

I find it more important it can handle a bump, it keeps on working, no issues with the chip n other electrical parts.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
just a simple update here.
soon after I saw the post with the pic of the mod apart, I have figured out how to clear the grain of sand that was making it stick.
all better now.
This rig gets some tough abuse daily, it just keeps on ticking.
The paint is all gone now, it is monotone at this point and looks like it was meant to be that way.:cool:
Picture please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonmatos

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
riviera, France
New SXmini ... SXmini ML
top1441783778.jpg

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
A good way to regulate your vape quality is with your fire button. Depress the fire button, vape then release the fire button at the precise moment you desire to create the vape you desire[emoji4]
I'm afraid I didn't get what you mean. How does that regulate the vape quality? Are you referring to the ramp up time?

Reactions: WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I'm afraid I didn't get what you mean. How does that regulate the vape quality? Are you referring to the ramp up time?

All the TC bs. I haven't had a dry hit in forever. My post is sarcasm.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
If this mod was the size and weight of my IPV D2, I would be first in line to buy one. I'm not comparing the quality or function of the two, it's just so darn heavy. I stopped using my perfectly good IPV mini just because it was too bulky for what it was....well that and the battery door, which I understand is also a pain on this Yihi mod.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Not since I replaced mine with one from http://shop.elevatedvapeaccessories.com/

Excellent replacement cap :thumb:

Those battery caps rock. I put them on all three of my SX mini's and finally got to put the nickels I had on my desk in my coin jar. Nathan did a great job with the design and battery changes are a breeze.

I wish he would come out with some for the flask.

Reactions: Mowgli

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Those battery caps rock. I put them on all three of my SX mini's and finally got to put the nickels I had on my desk in my coin jar. Nathan did a great job with the design and battery changes are a breeze.

I wish he would come out with some for the flask.

Do these fit the s class, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread