SXmini mod ... Yihi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
Here's my mini in its skin. It's a really nice quality silicone with a nice grippy feel to it.

Attachments

• IMG_20150607_110413.jpg
    IMG_20150607_110413.jpg
    789.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20150607_110436.jpg
    IMG_20150607_110436.jpg
    815.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20150607_110452.jpg
    IMG_20150607_110452.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_20150607_110528.jpg
    IMG_20150607_110528.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 137

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I received my silicone case today. I personally prefer having the small, up/down buttons covered. I prefer having as much of the device as possible covered... I wish the USB outlet, which I only use when I'm updating my SX, was also covered. I'd also be concerned that having the silicone case cut out for the up/down buttons may make them harder to press.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, here's the silicone case I received today, high quality silicone, not sticky so it won't attract lint and dust....

View attachment 462428

I just got the same one yesterday..and I'm using it with my S class. It does feel nice and high quality and definitely does not stick. But I have the following remarks that are mostly subjective in nature:

1. With the S class, it has a fairly good fit on the mod, and it covers the sharp edges that sometimes we found annoying. However, since it is made essentially for the M class, it is slightly longer than the S class, and this slightly affect the stability of the mod if you put it in an upright position. After a while in that position it will slide up on the mod until it gets to be flush with its bottom. This will cause the buttons (especially the up and down buttons) to be slightly misaligned with the case, but does not impair functionality in any way.

2. Naturally the silicone case makes the mod a tad bit larger, and this takes a bit from its ergonomic advantage IMO. It does not feel the same in your grip. One of the things I loved about the SXmini is that it fits just right in my grip (my hands are large).

3. The top curve does not have a snug fit with the body of the mod, and accordingly you'll find a soft part above the firing button ..at times some may find this to be rather pleasant.

I wanted to get the black case, but could only find the grey one..which I find a tad bit dull..but again this is subjective. While the grey mod looks great IMO, I can't say the same thing about the case. Finally, while i don't regret getting the silicone case, and i will be on the look out for the black case, it might be better to have a skin wrap of some sort that does not affect the grip and the ergonomics of the mod.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I have the following remarks that are mostly subjective in nature:

1. With the S class, it has a fairly good fit on the mod, and it covers the sharp edges that sometimes we found annoying. However, since it is made essentially for the M class, it is slightly longer than the S class, and this slightly affect the stability of the mod if you put it in an upright position. After a while in that position it will slide up on the mod until it gets to be flush with its bottom. This will cause the buttons (especially the up and down buttons) to be slightly misaligned with the case, but does not impair functionality in any way.

Thought I'd give my opinions, as I have the m series, which differs slightly from the S series. My thoughts are also slightly different then yours... not right or wrong, just I feel differently on some things....

On the M series, the case seems to be a little bit too short. The case would crawl up the bottom of the device, so that the silicon buttons over the bottom button was misaligned. It would still work, but you could see the bottom button peeking out of the cut-out for the usb. Nonetheless, pressing the silicone bottom button would still work. I would tug on the case, and stretch it down, and it would hold for a few hours. This morning, I found it firmly in place and not having moved up the device.

The case has a cutout for the battery insert and the rest of the bottom of the SX. The entire bottom is cut out, with just a narrow outline of silicone outlining the bottom of the device.

2. Naturally the silicone case makes the mod a tad bit larger, and this takes a bit from its ergonomic advantage IMO. It does not feel the same in your grip. One of the things I loved about the SXmini is that it fits just right in my grip (my hands are large).

I don't find the extra size noticeable, but again, everyone is different.

3. The top curve does not have a snug fit with the body of the mod, and accordingly you'll find a soft part above the firing button ..at times some may find this to be rather pleasant.

On the M Series, the top portion fits snuggly.

Finally, while i don't regret getting the silicone case, and i will be on the look out for the black case, it might be better to have a skin wrap of some sort that does not affect the grip and the ergonomics of the mod.

No way do I put a wrap on my SX, especially after seeing the effect it had on the paint of some people's SX after it was removed!

I really wanted a "Shark Skin" type cover, that I could remove when I wanted to see the SX au natural, but that would protect the SX when I was "out and about" and that would give slightly better grip, and this one serves that function! I have to say, it has a GREAT feel in your hand... very soft silicone, very grippy!

I also like having two different looks... grey or black. Having a black silicone case, the device would look nearly the same with or without the case. Perhaps a purple one?

By the way, there is an embossed "SXmini" logo where the logo is on the device, but it's embossed, so it's not very noticeable.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
My silicon sleeve came yesterday. Perfect fit on the m class, as expected. On the s class, its a little baggy on the top, but fits well on the rest so I'm debating whether or not to buy two more for my s classes. I like the protection they offer, and the feel of it, but wish it was an exact fit.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
My M Class case turned up today, more than happy with the fit, feel :thumb:

leather%202_zps9sxexgob.jpg

I bought the same case for the SX Mini and one for the Vapor Flask :)

I was wondering, did Valentino send you a tracking number and/or did he inform you when the package was shipped?

Reactions: dems86

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Wow!!..this is one sexy sleeve!!!..how much did you pay for it if I may ask?

To the UK 15euro plus 15euro postage

Just received my black/black M class today so should have ordered more

The package it came in could easily have carried 10 of them

mail%20usps_zpsecbdtdzu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread