The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SXmini mod ... Yihi

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by bonmatos, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mr.fabe

mr.fabe Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2014
    Southern Cal
    Oh this is just great. I convinced myself that I was going to skip the first generation of SX Mini's, VS rDNA, Flasks, IPV4, IPV3-Li and then I see this picture of a Black / Black M Stealth Edition. That put me over the edge and I scoured the web and ended up purchasing this wonderful mod. That made me happy until I found the enormous 300+ page post I have yet to read... Thanks again for the pic

2. bonmatos

bonmatos Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2014
    riviera, France
    new update soon

75 joules , 75W

new menu for choose Ni200, titanium...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. JulesXsmokr

JulesXsmokr Ultra Member ECF Veteran

my top round button is sticking in - anyone have this problem and found out the best way to get it cleaned out.
    The usual fine wire and blow gun didn't work, except to let the ball pop back out each time I run it around it, along with shot of crc contact cleaner, I hesitate on putting a drop of lube in their because of its tendency to attract more junk in that spot. anyone ?

4. ramrod

ramrod Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2012
    United States
    0626151349a~2.jpg The silicone case fits my mini great! Feels way better in the hand. Buttons actually push easier, and it hasn't slid around on me. Tired of waiting on YIHIs version. And yes, this is my S class....

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vlad1

Vlad1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    Earth
    You could try a bit of dry graphite, something similar to this. Dry Powder Graphite Lube, Tube, 0.21 Oz - Walmart.com
    Or you could contact your vendor as you do have a 1 yr warranty.

6. footbag

footbag Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    NEPA
    Isn't graphite conductive? I've always been told to keep it away from electronics.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vlad1

Apr 8, 2014
    Earth
    It wouldn't be applied to the circuitry... only onto the stainless steel button edges of the offending button.

8. footbag

footbag Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    NEPA
    From what I've heard, it tends to migrate throughout the inside of parts and could cause a short. Most of this isn't specifically applied to e-cigs, but it does apply to very expensive scientific and electrical gear.

Maybe it's overkill, but at the same time, I can't really see why it wouldn't apply.

9. KTMRider

KTMRider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    You do NOT want to put graphite powder into any electronic device. The button sits on top of a switch on the circuit board.

10. mr.fabe

Apr 2, 2014
    Southern Cal
    I would use silicon spray lubricant for the button. If you feel daring, I found a picture of how it looks on the inside...

[​IMG]

Hope it helps!

11. JulesXsmokr

JulesXsmokr Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for that picture!
    It looks like the best I can do is while pressing in on the button, direct a pin size shot of air around the opening.
    Since it's not surrounding the real button just laying on top of it, that's about all I can do.
    If it still fails, I'll have to use my warrantee

12. mr.fabe

Apr 2, 2014
    Southern Cal
    You can also try blowing air from the adjacent button to clear any debris behind the stuck button.

13. Vlad1

Apr 8, 2014
    Earth
    I agree I wouldn't put dry graphite into the electronics either. Just as I wouldn't wash any mod in the kitchen sink with water flowing over it but I would wipe it down with a damp towel. Same as I would place a small amount of graphite onto the captive stainless steel buttons if they were sticking but definitely not dousing it into the mod. With the captive buttons it shouldn't be a problem to use a small amount IMO. But as I read further it seems the poster I was replying to may believe it's the actual electronic switch that's hanging and not just the stainless steel button tops and if that's the case my suggestion is invalid.

14. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Well Heck, I come here to announce my excitement at finally ordering my SX Mini and have to dig to page 3 to find the thread.
    Is the SX Mini M already a relic in this fast paced market?:shock:

I all but swore off the idea of ever spending so much on any regulated mod after all the pressure and insults insured from some of the Provari crowd. My eVic's(2) Served me well and both worked as designed until the day I advanced away from their capabilities.

I Steered clear of the DNA mods due to their early (I'm a Box) commonality and what I considered to high a price for the same chip in 20+ different Brands.

Missed my opportunity to own the SX mini S class and when I did have the income they seemed to always be OS.

Now the Happy Happy Joy Joy...............:banana::banana::banana:
    Not sure what the best pricing has been or will be, but looking around, everyone seems to be in the $199+ range.
    Picked mine up with a 4th of July limited coupon code for $169.:D

Now I need ni200 or TI wire and a better understanding of coil requirements so I can set up an Orchid dual coil to perform well on top.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dems86

dems86 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA, US
    The SX Mini M-Class thread in Temp Control forum is very busy ;)

.I think most people have just moved over there

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. ericgwoo
    This message by ericgwoo has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 9, 2015, Reason: Cross posting is not permitted..
    Jul 8, 2015
  17. Steven070

Steven070 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2015
    This 75j update, it ain't out yet, isn't it?
    Updated to 2.23 , got the titanium and Eco,option, but no 75joule

75 joule.. That would also mean 75watt becomes available? Would that mean I have to change battery ( currently Sammy 25r in use ) to ensure proper 75w usage?

18. Tamer El-Meehy

Tamer El-Meehy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
    anybody knows if Yihi has issued an update for the S class?

19. JimScotty0

JimScotty0 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2014
    Garden Grove, CA, USA
    None is expected.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. petemoss

petemoss Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    Queens, NY
    I don't think YiHi is even making the S class any more. I've got two SXM S class that I use tanks on. Don't need TC for my tanks since I never get dry hits.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steven070

Steven070 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2015
    Does TC in any way enhance, improve vaping in general , except for the fact that there is a dry-coil function? Does it make the taste better? Does it make the vape any different from wattage usage ? There is of course a difference as there is a possibility to make the vape cooler or warmer, but besides that, is there any other difference ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.