Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
When I said equal in the eyes of current laws and regulations, including those of public places. This includes posted smoking rules. We don't have the right to violate any rules any more then a cigarrette smoker.
vaping is not smoking. Although there are some jurisdictions which equate the two, most don't. If an establishment want to prohibit vaping, which they have a perfect right to do, then they should simply say so.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Got kicked out of taco bell for vaping, the whole crew was smoking by the door killing me with the smoke,they came in & asked me to leave,being a former cop I knew most of them working there was jail birds anyway, my vaping was harmless their smoke & .... food was deadly.
Maybe it is you and not Taco bell?

Not sure I would want people vaping around me eating.

And it is their right to ban vaping if they desire.

Last edited:

Ketsuban

Feb 20, 2014
Equestria
Maybe it is you and not Taco bell?

Not sure I would want people vaping around me eating.

And it is their right to ban vaping if they desire.

Being somewhat of a cloud chaser I think that might contribute to the problem. I'm sure I wouldn't want another cloud chaser blowing it right next to me when I'm eating, but at the same time I would simply just wait to vape until I'm done, outside, and in my car.

I wouldn't mind a tootler so much - just because of the low amount of vapor being produced, but there isn't really a way to differentiate the two without discriminating when it comes to creating laws or rules.

Best rule of thumb is to just ask the manager "hey, is it okay if I vape here?", if yes, blow little clouds, not huge ones, and sit away from other customers. If no, don't do it at all, or just wait until you're outside/in your car. It's called being courteous.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Being somewhat of a cloud chaser I think that might contribute to the problem. I'm sure I wouldn't want another cloud chaser blowing it right next to me when I'm eating, but at the same time I would simply just wait to vape until I'm done, outside, and in my car.

I wouldn't mind a tootler so much - just because of the low amount of vapor being produced, but there isn't really a way to differentiate the two without discriminating when it comes to creating laws or rules.

Best rule of thumb is to just ask the manager "hey, is it okay if I vape here?", if yes, blow little clouds, not huge ones, and sit away from other customers. If no, don't do it at all, or just wait until you're outside/in your car. It's called being courteous.
Same with me.
As far as consideration to others I treat vaping like smoking.

Even when I smoked for 40 years I did not complain when they banned it in restaurants. Eating is much more enjoyable without smelling smoke and ashtrays.

Rude vaping does not help the vaping cause at all. It just gives the anti vapers ammunition.

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
The OP complained that he got kicked out of the Taco Bell for vaping. At no point does he say or imply that they have no right to do so. Nevertheless, you say he should "know enough to recognize taco Bell's right to refuse service," which indicates you think he's too ignorant to know they have that right. You say Taco Bell's rights outweigh a "personal perceived right to do as he/she pleases." That indicates that you think he believes he has the right to vape in the store. However, at no point does he say or imply that he has a right to vape there.

In short, you are ascribing beliefs to the OP which are neither expressly stated nor which can reasonably be inferred from his post. All that can be inferred is that he believes they should not exercise their right to prohibit vaping in their store and he's a little ticked off about it.
How dare a business have rights and practice them....

Reactions: Racehorse

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

It's nice to read a post where someone mentions "courtesy" rather than "respect" -- respect must be earned; courtesy is the "social lubricant" that makes things move smoothly between strangers.

I'm a bit irked myself, about places that disallow vaping right along with smoking... but everytime I visit a vape shop, I get a good understanding of why it's necessary -- no public venue EXCEPT a vape shop would tolerate the fog that results from multiple vapers doing their thing. I'm a tootler, which is probably why I feel irked about it, but you're right, there's no non-discriminatory way to allow one kind of vaper to do their thing, and not allow others, and if I was a cloud chaser in that situation, I'd be worse than irked about it.

I've been in public places that were deserted, and when I asked if I could vape there, received immediate permission. The same place, when occupied by several other people, and I was told "if no one minds;" one gentleman did seem to object, so I just waited; I was only getting an emissions inspection, so it was only a few minutes -- no hardship. If it had been a longer wait, I'd have stepped outside; it wasn't cold or pouring rain, so no biggie. GA doesn't have any specific laws about not vaping in public places; in fact GA *does* have language on the books that vaping and smoking are not the same thing -- but courtesy just makes everything smoother for everyone.

Andria

prawdaeh

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I tend to treat my vaping habit the same as I did smoking in public places. If smoking is allowed, as it is in most bars in my area, I will vape. If it's a non-smoking establishment.. I'll wait until I leave to vape. There are people out there who DO NOT want to smell our flavors, who may be concerned about what they're inhaling in second hand vapor, and they have every right to feel that way. I even make sure people are ok with me vaping in their homes. I'm sorry you're peeved at being asked to leave taco bell, but um.. you know.. your nicotine addiction is still YOUR problem and your problem alone. There is no inherent right to force your exhaled vapor on people in public places that are privately owned. No matter what we feel about whether or not it presents any real danger to anyone.

Sorry for having no sympathy. I hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: JC Okie

zackzombie21

Jan 5, 2016
Clarksville,TN
How I see it I'm in the middle of the whole vaping inside of places, a year ago I was working in a medical records room, all my co works smoked normal analogs, so when I would vape inside while working no one had a issue with me doing such ( at the time I had a ego mod, making tiny clouds haha ) once I got my first mod (a sigelei 150) and starting building sub ohms coils making huge ... clouds, all my co workers started having a issue with me vaping up the office space. Same thing about a month ago I was in a bar ( yes I live in one of the few states where you can still smoke inside) and while people were clearly smoking, I had some people looking at me like wtf while I blowing the big ... clouds. So how I see it is, yes in a vape shop no one is going to bat a eye if you vaping out the shop. yet if you feel the need to smoke in a store or a office space just have you device turned down so you can still get your nic fix blowing tiny clouds without freezing your ... off outside. And once your driving home or at home blow the huge clouds all you want.

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
We have a lot of eyes on us right now. Many hurdles to overcome still. How WE conduct ourselves is very important. Remember there are still MILLIONS of uneducated to vaping people out there. The first time or anytime they see smoke/steam/vapor the WILL come to the same conclusions,no matter what the source is. Being considerate can go a long way FOR our cause. The more positive situations we can create when we vape, especially in public, the better we can make it for ALL of us- tooties and clouders alike.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
People are trying to eat there. It's one step short of vaping in a crowded elevator or motion sickness inducing vehicle. The need to smoke in restaurants always seemed to me a bit like dog's need to mark their turf, especially that last one right before leaving... yeah I did it back then too...

One step short of crowded elevator? More like 5 steps short of crowded elevator, and 20 steps short of empty elevator.

Thank God we can vape in Taco Bell's restrooms and no one (including a fellow vaper) would even know. Don't even need urine to mark my turf there.

Reactions: AndriaD

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I don't care if I also vape. I don't want your exhale in my food. Take that stuff outside. I'll respect your right to eat in peace and you do me the same favor.

You're okay with exhaled human breath all over your food?

Why take it outside when the bathroom is far easier and not noticeable? Or in otherwise (relatively) empty Taco Bell, just do it in your seat. How could that conceivably be considered rude?

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
You can't seriously be comparing someone's right to be recognized as a human being to someone insisting on their "right" to vape anywhere because a TV commercial said they could?

Why not? It was said earlier that vaping indoors in public is equal to seeking a confrontation. IOW, there is no other conceivable reason for doing it, thus becomes a rights issue by this type of argument. While the comparison is likely to forever be weighted on the right to eat freely as a human being in a restaurant, the two are comparable. I don't get how one who sees it in this light CANNOT make the comparison. But, I can see the same person telling the human being in 1959 to just take the 'easy route' and avoid confrontation for the good of all people. I mean, what 'good' human in 1959 wants the bad things that could come from one who is less than human during a diner meal in 1959? That's how I understand that logic in lieu of this ongoing internal debate we are having.

4lph4num3r1c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2015
You're okay with exhaled human breath all over your food?

Why take it outside when the bathroom is far easier and not noticeable? Or in otherwise (relatively) empty Taco Bell, just do it in your seat. How could that conceivably be considered rude?
What part of "I don't want your exhale in my food" makes you think I'm Ok with exhaled human breath all over my food? And if you can't conceive how Vaping indoors in a public restaurant is rude, that's just being ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread