Taco bell sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I do believe it can be acceptable to vape in some situations where it would not be OK, or at least allowed, to smoke. There is no simple rule as to when this would be, but showing a reasonable effort to limit bothering others goes a long way. Considering factors such as purpose of the place are part of that. Smokers never seemed to care, do you want to be a smoker in the eyes of others?

As to the OP, I wasn't there when that situation occurred. Sounds like the place was empty and perhaps a little vape was the least of the problems. On the other hand, things like calling out a whole restaurant chain in the subject line for what sounds like an unusual situation (or perhaps a location about ready to go out of business) and comments like "being a former cop I knew most of them working there was jail birds anyway" sounds like a complete ....

Reactions: Foggy Road

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
    Aug 21, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    I think common sense and courtesy go a long way with this issue as so many others. I don't vape in the places that I wouldn't smoke before. But I also don't go out of my way to make a spectacle of myself either. I thought it was impossible to embarrass me but I guess I was wrong. Seeing bearded hipster clowns blowing huge clouds as they strut around the food court in the mall just looks silly and makes us all look bad. I treat my heavy vaping the same way I treated my heavy smoking before - with courteous respect for others. Just common sense.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2012
    North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Off topic and not germane to the discussion

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Recently at a restaurant we were waiting for the waiter to see if we wanted desert or the check and with it being busy he never came over and while waiting we started vaping. One of the employees came to our table crouched down and very diplomatically and politely stated that they do not allow vaping in the establishment. I told him that we had been waiting a long time for the waiter and would like the check because we wanted to leave. Needless to say we got our check very quickly.

:censored:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2012
    North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
    • Deleted by retired1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread