Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
My TFT is full of juice but the bottle of my favorite stuff is empty, Liqua ( French Pipe) juice was ordered from FT, I thought it got caught up in the New Year's celebration but I see it was processed through San Diego today, oh happy day.

I have probably 2 liters of juice here already made and another liter of nic base so I would have survived another couple weeks anyway I guess.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
How is the TGT compared to any of the Kayfuns? As a few of you already know, I'm running a Aqua/Origin combo and am looking for another combination. Thinking of ordering a TGT but think it might be a little on the large size. I'm not really crazy about the 5ml setup and wanted something smaller. I know there is a medium and nano setup available for them over at VaporFreak. Has anyone dealt with VaporFreak out of Germany? Will their stuff fit the TGT clones from say HCigar? I may just get the TGT from them all at one time. Just trying to get an idea if this would be better than say one of the Kayfuns. I like the idea of being able to use mesh iin this atty as well. More options than a Kayfun, but any input would be appreciated. Thanks...

digitals

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Indiana
How is the TGT compared to any of the Kayfuns? As a few of you already know, I'm running a Aqua/Origin combo and am looking for another combination. Thinking of ordering a TGT but think it might be a little on the large size. I'm not really crazy about the 5ml setup and wanted something smaller. I know there is a medium and nano setup available for them over at VaporFreak. Has anyone dealt with VaporFreak out of Germany? Will their stuff fit the TGT clones from say HCigar? I may just get the TGT from them all at one time. Just trying to get an idea if this would be better than say one of the Kayfuns. I like the idea of being able to use mesh iin this atty as well. More options than a Kayfun, but any input would be appreciated. Thanks...

I run Kayfuns and a Taifun GT. Honestly, I favor my GT more than my Kayfuns. Just something about it that I like more.

I purchase authentic only, and I bought this GT from SmokerStore. You can get other options there as well. They have an XS kit for the GT that drops the tank to a smaller mode. I purchased the GT, Spares and Service Kit, XS Kit, Solid Tank Section, and Full Clear Tank.

As far as VaporFreak, I've never dealt with them. The GT is a great device if setup right. I'm actually thinking of buying another ;)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I run Kayfuns and a Taifun GT. Honestly, I favor my GT more than my Kayfuns. Just something about it that I like more.

I purchase authentic only, and I bought this GT from SmokerStore. You can get other options there as well. They have an XS kit for the GT that drops the tank to a smaller mode. I purchased the GT, Spares and Service Kit, XS Kit, Solid Tank Section, and Full Clear Tank.

As far as VaporFreak, I've never dealt with them. The GT is a great device if setup right. I'm actually thinking of buying another ;)

How do you have your setup? Are you using mesh, cotton, or silica? Pics would be great... Thanks.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
I love my R91. But now that I sorted out the threads on my stainless steel tank and running my cinnamon juice - mmmm - I dunno.

This is how I'm running mine at the moment.
C52D6842-A4AD-49F6-8D4D-00AE43E45130.jpg

9787BACF-8E2B-4A2C-884E-E7CE6622D510.jpg

Damn. Messed up pic size again. I hate photobucket.

Stainless
0055C72D-8A08-4B58-BC13-54B8AD5CA02C.jpg

Thanks to this small round file
E81DCFFF-2D2F-405F-AD4E-8D50E90D7A34.jpg

Now they can be more like a family
5976E61D-9F7B-4117-B0D8-30C7E46C8157.jpg

(cheap ... kfl clone won't fit any other normal sized drip tip I own)

Last edited:

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Im happy with my TFGT from FT, read this whole thread and had no problems setting it up, took 2 builds, 9 wrap 28 guage with cotton folded back on its self halfway, vapes real nice,forgot to take out the air tube soo its a little tighter than id like , I'll get it next build,have enjoyed reading this thread, thanks all involved,

Last edited:

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Just order my Taifun Gt. Anyone drilled theirs out? Air hole without a doubt will be way too tight for me.
not to sure if you need to drill it out. if you remove the airtube completely it's around a 1.5-1.6mm airhole. did you order the optional air tubes? I think the biggest one is 1.4, can't remember off hand sorry.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
if you open it up too much you will kill the flavor profile, this is one of those attys where you just have to learn to draw without fighting it.(within reason)- i get clouds all day and the car is fogged out all the time. It just isnt designed to be a Pinoy lunghitting fog machine.

once you get the wick tuned properly, even with the tight draw the thing makes some thick vapor.

I think the real one offers a 1.5mm as the biggest tubes so taking the insulator out should give you the full draw of the outside airhole.

Last edited:

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
Seems like a waste of a taifun tbh

That's why I experiment with clones.
I'd be a lot more concerned doing this to a $175 atty than a $20 clone.

I just drilled mine out to 7/64" - definitely better airflow.
It's still not even as airy as a 2mm single hole dripper.
The air flow still has to travel around the inner positive deck - so it's not as direct of an airflow.
Flavor and vapor production seem more like an Aqua now.
Can take better lung hits but can still mouth to lung inhale.
I'm not noticing any flavor loss.
I'm quite happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread