Status
Not open for further replies.

sensay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2010
Neverland
lol sensay I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. A newb was asking for advise on a couple of the TV liquids I have. I sent her a pm offering to send her a couple of samples of my TV doubler in those flavors. She sent me back a pm saying that she didn't want liquid that had been opened because I may have tampered with it. Honestly I was a little offended :(
That is VERY offensive, I felt a little offended as well when I got the its like taking candy from strangers comment.But I guess you never know. Oh well you live you learn! :)

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
That is VERY offensive, I felt a little offended as well when I got the its like taking candy from strangers comment.But I guess you never know. Oh well you live you learn! :)

i have wanted to comment on this for a few days now but was worried i might be misunderstood.
no, it is not offensive and no, you should not feel hurt being turned down. all it means is that those people somewhere along the line got burned or know of somebody who did get burned and therefore choose not to trust anymore. sad really, since it is so nice to read through the pif thread and watch the friendship but it all hangs on the right people participating.
look at what happened today when there was a question of "bad juice" being passed. jules wrote she had oodles of pms, everybody realized how delicate this balance is and how easily it could be destroyed. there is no way of knowing if the wrong persons decide to participate, no easy way of tracking them down if they decide to do harm and juice would be the perfect way to do it. i got my toes and fingers crossed that this will never happen here and i also tend to trust until shown otherwise but would never mind if some people prefer to be rather safe than sorry.

sensay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2010
Neverland
i have wanted to comment on this for a few days now but was worried i might be misunderstood.
no, it is not offensive and no, you should not feel hurt being turned down. all it means is that those people somewhere along the line got burned or know of somebody who did get burned and therefore choose not to trust anymore. sad really, since it is so nice to read through the pif thread and watch the friendship but it all hangs on the right people participating.
look at what happened today when there was a question of "bad juice" being passed. jules wrote she had oodles of pms, everybody realized how delicate this balance is and how easily it could be destroyed. there is no way of knowing if the wrong persons decide to participate, no easy way of tracking them down if they decide to do harm and juice would be the perfect way to do it. i got my toes and fingers crossed that this will never happen here and i also tend to trust until shown otherwise but would never mind if some people prefer to be rather safe than sorry.
You made some excellent points that I agree with 100 percent . I have gotten so use to trading here and have had the trades go wonderfully I guess I forgot what it is like out there lol.I was not offended that they did not take my offer. It was more the dont you know your not supposed to take candy from strangers comment that got to me a little. If they would have come out and implied I might tamper with the juice like they did in Georgia's case I would have been highly offended. I could have thought about a nicer way to turn some one down.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I don't think they are offended by being turned down, but more of HOW they were turned down.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Looking back I think I should have handled this problem differently. I wish I could rewind time and reword my post.

We really don't know each other except online and we are showing a great deal of trust in what we are doing. I honestly don't think this was done on purpose but it happened and we need to address it as a group. Who knows if it was intentional or if it was a mistake. We just don't know. I want everyone to just double check what you send out and double check what you get in. We can keep PIF going but just pay a little more attention to what you give/get.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I understand caution, but some use it to an extreme..
When I used to work in an office, we would have pot luck lunches, there was this one lady that unless she had visited your house and seen your kitchen for herself she would not eat your food.
I know OT big time but it came to mind for some reason...its late or early...need sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread