Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
For tanks that use replaceable coil heads, they must have heads with titanium, nickel or stainless steel coils in order to use TC. If those types of heads aren't available, TC isn't an option. Some "drop in" head tanks offer a rebuildable head which vapers can use to install their choice of wire, so they can choose a TC compatible type.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, it's the materials that determine if it can be vaped or not.
Kanthal: wattage only
SS: either mode
Nickel or Titanium: Temp mode only
Ceramic: depends on a lot of factors.

Sometimes finding a drop in coil that will do TC in tank can be a challenge, although more makers are offering it these days.

If you are into RTAs or RDAs (building your own coils) I might use SS wire, IMO it's the best as it's slightly safer and can be used in wattage OR temp mode. If you go even further and decide on exotic and/or twisted wire, the center wire is what needs to be the TC wire, but those coils can function in TC mode.

Never use titanium or nickel in wattage mode, they can give off undesirable byproducts or even melt and etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
Yes, it's the materials that determine if it can be vaped or not.
Kanthal: wattage only
SS: either mode
Nickel or Titanium: Temp mode only
Ceramic: depends on a lot of factors.

Sometimes finding a drop in coil that will do TC in tank can be a challenge, although more makers are offering it these days.

If you are into RTAs or RDAs (building your own coils) I might use SS wire, IMO it's the best as it's slightly safer and can be used in wattage OR temp mode. If you go even further and decide on exotic and/or twisted wire, the center wire is what needs to be the TC wire, but those coils can function in TC mode.

Never use titanium or nickel in wattage mode, they can give off undesirable byproducts or even melt and etc.

Best of luck,

Anna
I dont use prebuilt coils, I build, Im looking to buy an rta for a temp control mod...whats the advantage of using anything other than stainless steel?

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I dont use prebuilt coils, I build, Im looking to buy an rta for a temp control mod...whats the advantage of using anything other than stainless steel?

I don't know that there is one. Nickel and titanium were the first metals TC was available for, but since TC for SS316 came out it's pretty much become the standard.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread