Status
Not open for further replies.

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
Evening everyone,

For those of you that recently got a SS or AL or both (recently being after they did the O-ring fix), does this make these versions now not slide up and down as people previously mentioned and are they back to being snug again?

I sold one of backup Liquinators and I am itching to get one of these types but after reading all the bad 1st impressions and experiences, I am hesitant now. I don't really need it but I am sticking with just Boge and know that's what they made these for but just worried these versions will slip and slide, possible leak from O-rings, etc. but I was just going to stick with black o-rings though.

Currently the way one of my Delrins works is you can't tighten the carto on using the tank but I can pickup my ProVari with the tank but I haven't tried shaking it or anything :) When I refill it, I push the battery end of the carto up like the video and it's snug enough for me to have to put some effort but not much.

I thought of just getting the Aluminum since it's a little cheaper and looks similar and not so heavy but all those things out there about Aluminum has me paranoid.

Thanks for the help again :)

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
Well I just got my SS 5ml a week ago and my Provari today, and I am having none of those issues. This thing is absolutely perfect! Nice and tight with no slide just like they say:) Best vaping I have had to date. I have tried lots!

Thanks JB and if I remember right you use yours at your job right, a firefighter? If it can pass that test, I think it can pass just about anything :)

If I got the posts mixed up, my apologies...

JBWoody

ECF Veteran
Yes I am a Firefighter however My Provari stays at home when I am working:) I mostly vape at night and this combo is so perfect and trouble free. What really caught me by surprise was how well these boge cartomizers taste? Wow! No polyfil taste at all? best flavor I have ever had..so buttery smooth.

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
Yes I am a Firefighter however My Provari stays at home when I am working:) I mostly vape at night and this combo is so perfect and trouble free. What really caught me by surprise was how well these boge cartomizers taste? Wow! No polyfil taste at all? best flavor I have ever had..so buttery smooth.

Agree, I was using Boges on their own and it was ok a bit of a PITA as I was refilling them every 2 to 3 hours, letting one sit while using another and I am sure they probably should have been refilled sooner but as soon as I started using this tank, it was like Night and Day. I've tried most of the attys, CE2's, fluxomizers, clearomizers, you name it and once I got on these and tried an atty again it just wasn't for me.

I don't want to jinx anything but I "think" for now and hopefully a while I at least found my permanent setup as these Boges are a name brand, I am still learning to punch cartos but getting it and seems like the tanks will last a while if not forever.

I know I am going to bite the bullet and order it just not sure what I am waiting for LOL

Thanks again for the info....

Chief, have all your issues been taken care of with these SS or AL tanks?

Myrkos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Houston, TX
www.vaporpipeline.com
Evening everyone,

For those of you that recently got a SS or AL or both (recently being after they did the O-ring fix), does this make these versions now not slide up and down as people previously mentioned and are they back to being snug again?

I sold one of backup Liquinators and I am itching to get one of these types but after reading all the bad 1st impressions and experiences, I am hesitant now. I don't really need it but I am sticking with just Boge and know that's what they made these for but just worried these versions will slip and slide, possible leak from O-rings, etc. but I was just going to stick with black o-rings though.

Currently the way one of my Delrins works is you can't tighten the carto on using the tank but I can pickup my ProVari with the tank but I haven't tried shaking it or anything :) When I refill it, I push the battery end of the carto up like the video and it's snug enough for me to have to put some effort but not much.

I thought of just getting the Aluminum since it's a little cheaper and looks similar and not so heavy but all those things out there about Aluminum has me paranoid.

Thanks for the help again :)

Ed I got one of the first AL 3ml tanks and had the sliding issue. Vaporesence sent me some replacement O rings and that improved it but it is still not as tight as the plastic tanks I have seen. Although I don't worry about throwing it in my pocket or bag anymore. The AL is machined very well and Chief and I have compared and other than weight can't really tell a difference between the AL and SS. It seems like the new metal tanks don't have the slipping problem so they may have corrected this.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I just had a carto go bad. I've refilled the tank on this one about 8 times. It just lost its draw. I tried it clear it with a paper clip and it pushed the insides out. Time to reload.:)

That is what my first 2 did. When I tore one apart, it was BURNED inside badly (black, charred, hole). The burned materials seem to have collapsed the interior air channel. That's what had blocked the center tube (and I suspect the 2nd one is the same).

Can you tear it apart to see if yours is burned inside too?

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
That is what my first 2 did. When I tore one apart, it was BURNED inside badly (black, charred, hole). The burned materials seem to have collapsed the interior air channel. That's what had blocked the center tube (and I suspect the 2nd one is the same).

That happened to me as well on my first carto that was 5 days in. One second, it had the perfect draw. Then on the next drag, nothing. It had no draw at all. I took it off and saw the air hole was completely blocked, like the whole insides collapsed. I also tried the paper clip with some success, but not enough to make it usable.

The burning does concern me. I have not torn the original carto apart to look, but I wouldn't be too terribly surprised to find mine burnt as well. That leads me to some questions that might have been answered here, and I have read all 190 pages of this thread. But I'm suffering from information overload. Here goes:

The liquid never wicks to the top of the carto, and it always looks completely white and dry. The consensus seems to be that is normal and a non-issue. But I really think it's contributing to my biggest (and, so far, only) complaint: severe reduction in taste. I'm not really tasting the filler, and I'm not getting a burnt taste. But I'm not really tasting my liquid either. I switched to a more flavorful liquid, and that helped a bit. But the taste is still drastically muted. So I'm not enjoying the vaping experience as much as I should.

If I could solve that problem, this thing would be my ultimate accessory. I love the way it's built and how easy it is to use. I just need to solve this wicking issue, which I think might be contributing the the filler burning. And that's because I find I have to sit on the button longer to heat up the liquid enough from the bottom of the carto in order to get a decent TH and modicum of flavor.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah the black ones have a sticker on them. It is a pain to remove the glue thats left after you remove the stickers. It's better to just buy the silver ones.

To remove glue easy, dab a bit of Lighter Fluid and keep turning to a new spot on the towel.
It's amazing with removing any sticky glue type.

Big Fran

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2011
Philadelphia,PA

I just pulled it apart. Mine was melted inside too. The melted center tube collapsed and cut the air off. It had no burnt taste. It just stoped working.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hmmm, this is freaking me out (and the reason I NEVER used cartomizers before).

How can this happen if they're submerged??? I never got an off or burned taste as an indicator. Maybe we need to be filling them before putting them in the tank.

I hope everyone will go back to tear apart a few used cartos, share what you are using (voltage), how you filled it and report here....

Mine were Boge regular resistance. Pre-cut by Vaporescence company. Lasted about 5-6 days each. I didn't prefill, I did top off a few drops on the top of it. I use a Darwin, and probably had it cranked to 5v-5.2 during use. I never got an off or burned taste to indicate it was going. Just got a crackly sound, stiff draw and allowed liquid in my mouth.

This current carto I cut myself (thin cut with the thin cut off wheels), I didn't pre-fill it but did hit it without power to try to get it to start wicking (saw bubbles escaping the cut). I did open it up and top off the carto. I'm keeping at about 4.2v-4.5 to see if it makes a difference.

The next one I'll prefill with the cartomizerfillinator (sent to me by Vapian).

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
I stick them in the tank and fill (think DARK 50/50 liquid) the carto (Boge 3.0) through the top until I can see it clearly in the wide slit I cut. Then I turn it over and fill the tank through the battery end.

I've never had one burn or come apart. I've had a few gunk up, but that's not the tanks fault, that's the carto's fault or mine for not cutting the carto slot wide/long enough. I've torn apart 3 so far and there is no sign of burning. The ones that gunked up, I used SmokTek's carto cleaner setup. I got another 2 days out of the gunked carto's.

I'm using them on my Provari's at 4.2. I have to Provari's running the tanks so I alternate which one I pick up to allow a little time for wicking.

I wouldn't hit it with the dry carto, that probably set off the burnt taste.

Big Fran

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2011
Philadelphia,PA
I think its just the way the carto's are put togather. Some last a long time some not so long. At a little over a buck a each its hard to expect much more. I've had $8.00 atty's blow on the first day. Any more then 2 days each and I'm happy.

I never pre fill them. I do put a few drops on top then let the Liquinator fill it. I use Boge LR and SR. I cut slots in mine. I like 2 slots but after the first wicking I cant tell the difference between 1 or 2 slots. I've tried the XL duel coils with a punched hole and I like the Boge LR's the best.

I use them on a Provari at 4 to 5 volts depending on the carto. They last me anywhere fron 2 days to 2 weeks. Most last me about 3 to 4 days. Then I just start over with a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread