Terminator RA Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

pounder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
tucson,az
Just got my Term-C up and running... and man, can this thing vape. I don't think I've got another atty that blows clouds this big short of my ZAP.

Somehow in my first attempt to set it up I managed to botch the job and ended up with something that couldn't even hold juice without it running down my arm, but attempt #2 went without a hitch and I'm loving this thing.

I did have a minor hardware issue with a missing nut before I could get it going (which could very well have been my fault, but I swear I crawled on my hands and knees three nights in a row looking for the damn thing, in case I dropped it), but major thanks to Stormy for helping me get that straightened out.

Great rba, great vendor. Happy vaper.
The same poltergiest that got your TERM C part got my top cap friday night. Searched till the wee hrs. of sat. morning,called Stormy and ordered another one she shipped it before noon and the poltergiest gave it back one hr. after she shipped it. You just cant beat stormy for customer service,or getting a poltergiest mind right.

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
The same poltergiest that got your TERM C part got my top cap friday night. Searched till the wee hrs. of sat. morning,called Stormy and ordered another one she shipped it before noon and the poltergiest gave it back one hr. after she shipped it. You just cant beat stormy for customer service,or getting a poltergiest mind right.

Stormy's vape cellar is top-notch! I had a defective part on my Term-C and she had a replacement in my hands within a few days. This is one customer that appreciates an honest, no nonsense seller and will buy there whenever possible!

Last edited:

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Ok I'm about to loose my mind here!
My Son wanted a Terminator so I brought on with me and spent way too much time messing with it last night.
Someone tell me why it would leak out the bottom? I checked and rechecked, wrapped and re wrapped, filled and refilled about 20 times. I can't figure it out. Thought I'd turn to the experts! :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
Binding the negative NR wire under the ring causes the bottom o-ring to mis-align and leak.
Instead of pinning it under that nut/ring, wrap that wire around the wick so it makes contact with the base. Make sure it doesn't extend so far that it can touch the positive pin below the ceramic.

Have a look at this video and you'll understand: It's in German, but see it at 7 min 40 second mark. It'll make sense :)
Navy_Lifeguard - Nautilus

Alternatively (and not as easy): Instead of just pinning the NR negative under the nut/ring, wrap it all the way around, using it like a washer of sorts. That way it's not as likely to shift to one side or the other.

Also: make sure that the wick is cut a even with the nut that holds the NR wire so it is certain not to interfere with the o-ring sealing at the bottom.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Anytime I have a flooding problem I can say it almost always one of the two top o-rings and I will say it's much more likely to be the one that seals around the mouth piece.
If no air can leak in. no liquid can leak out, of coarse there is a pressure difference created when you toke on it and that's how it works. I'm talking about leaking/gurgling down through the ceramic.
Also check to see that the mouth piece is centered in the tank top.

You are lubing the o-rings with Vaseline, right?

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I lube generally with VG with no leaking issues with either of my Terms. It may seal easier with Vaseline, but I've had no problems as of yet :) However, I tend to take one or the other apart every 2 days or so to tinker/test new wicks/ideas...

Someday I'll take a picture of what I call my bone pile. I keep all the old wicks and coils for to use if it ever become necessary. I have a pretty big pile

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
Funnily enough, all these issues are identical to the original Ody! lol But the vape is so good, we don't mind 'em :)
Glad to hear you have the leaking under control ;)

Oh, and if it gurgles a bit from opening the mouthpiece too much, just raise the base above the mouthpiece slightly as you vape to allow the extra fluid to run back into the ceramic cup. easy :)

Last edited:

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
Yup seems good now!
BtW, has anyone tried using 2 of the small orings below the ceramic cup to straighten the crookedness on big mods? The supplier said this is the fix and I wondered if it worked.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I made a spacer/washer and put it between the nut and the o-ring, so no, I haven't tried two o-rings since they could slip out of alignment easier (just my opinion). I'm not implying it wouldn't work, I just prefer a solid spacer with a single o-ring :)

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I made a spacer/washer and put it between the nut and the o-ring, so no, I haven't tried two o-rings since they could slip out of alignment easier (just my opinion). I'm not implying it wouldn't work, I just prefer a solid spacer with a single o-ring :)
I did the same, I don't think much about using two o-rings either but it should work

Last edited:

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL

Can you post a picture of your spacer along with measurements? That's going to be the next thing I tackle.

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
Okay: Spacer I made of simple plastic from drywall anchor you'd use to hang a picture or curtain rod with a screw. I separated the part that goes into the wall and kept the "lip" that would keep the anchor from sliding into the hole. Hope that's clear enough.

It was about 1.8 mm thick; I sanded it down to 0.7 thickness.
inside diameter: 4 mm perfectly snug on the post. (if you use metal, make it 4.1mm)
outside diameter: 8mm (gives enough extra material for the o-ring to expand and maintain seal)
thickness/height: 0.7mm

Easy good fix. i'll be turning one out of SS, but too lazy this weekend :)

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
Okay: Spacer I made of simple plastic from drywall anchor you'd use to hang a picture or curtain rod with a screw. I separated the part that goes into the wall and kept the "lip" that would keep the anchor from sliding into the hole. Hope that's clear enough.

It was about 1.8 mm thick; I sanded it down to 0.7 thickness.
inside diameter: 4 mm perfectly snug on the post. (if you use metal, make it 4.1mm)
outside diameter: 8mm (gives enough extra material for the o-ring to expand and maintain seal)
thickness/height: 0.7mm

Easy good fix. i'll be turning one out of SS, but too lazy this weekend :)

I've been thinking of just hacking up a cartomizer "mouthpiece/endcap."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread