The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Terminator RA Tank

Discussion in 'Stormy's Vapor Cellar' started by SheerLuckHolmes, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SheerLuckHolmes

SheerLuckHolmes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2009
    Tempe, Az
    I didn't think you could only use kanthal by itself. I hate working with the non resistance wire. But, I've been using 32g Kanthal with only a little over one inch between the NR wire. Maybe that has been my problem.

If I only used the 32g Kanthal neg connection through to the positive connection how many wraps would you suggest for 2.0 to 1.5 ohms

2. jmarkus

jmarkus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2011
    CA USA
    you cant just use kanthal by itself, you need nr wire for sure. i think some people have tried just straight 28 gauge kanthal without nr wire, but i wouldnt recommend it by any means.

32 gauge kanthal a1 is 13.1 ohms a foot. that mean every inch you get 1.09 in resistance. so if you wanted 1.5-1.7 or so, youd need about 1 and a 1/2 to 1 and 3/4 inches or so. make sure the nr wire is securely wrapped on the kanthal, i like 999 dead soft silver wire. i also find that if you wrap at least one round of nr wire around the wick at either end helps quite a bit. then just connect the nr wire as you would. depending on how thick your wick is it could be anywhere from 5 wraps on 2mm wick to 3-4 wraps on 3mm. just depends i guess. youll definately get the hang of it...theres a good amount of trial and error with this atty, but once you get it you'll be stoked.

pictures usually help, so take a look here:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/294766-ody-coil-gallery.html

not sure this helps at all.

3. dwcraig1

dwcraig1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

The difference is the channels for the wick is wider, 2 mm vs 3mm , there are some other minor difference in the ceramic and it's housing.
    The V2 housing with it's ceramic will fit in place of the V1 assembly. But it would cost about as much as another Terminator without much improvement cost wise.

4. bapgood

bapgood Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2012
    Utah
    Thanks!

I'm assuming the increased width is for larger wicks.....Is this something that could be modded with a dremel and diamond bit?

5. dwcraig1

I expect Stormy to receive extra ceramics any day now, I will have to have an extra one before I try that but that is my plan. I am told it doesn't make much difference but I shall try it anyway. I mod everything, except the batteries

6. bapgood

Apr 16, 2012
    Utah
    Yeah me too....even batteries :D.....In RC I have seen some crazy battery chaos....I have great respect for batteries....being careful is an understatement

7. jmarkus

Mar 3, 2011
    CA USA
    like dw said, wider channels for wicks in v2, and only one ceramic channel for the positive wire, the other channel is metal in v2 for easier connection of neg wire. other than that its almost identical to v1. v2 also has 2 grooves cut into the bottom of the base near the 510 connector for better airflow, has 4 grooves in the top cap instead of 2...

8. jmarkus

Mar 3, 2011
    CA USA
    did the tanks arrive? still shipping tomorrow??

9. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    They will be here later today, they sat in Atlanta all day yesterday! When I called, they said "today" UGGG! So, if they arrive, they will ship out to y'all tomorrow. Sorry...although it's still a couple days before expected. :)

10. foggdawg

foggdawg Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks for the update.:)

11. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Just arrived! Busy, Busy... :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

12. bapgood

Apr 16, 2012
    Utah
    Cloud....I sent an email earlier about changing my shipping address and a couple other things....Don't want it setting at my house for week and half not getting used ;)

13. dwcraig1

I'm waiting to see if Stormy's has the Terminator o-ring kit before I order the ceramic cup.

14. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I do have e o rings, just need to look at one to figure out how many of each go on a tank.
    bap- shoot me another email, been having issues with spam since we opened the new website.

15. bapgood

Apr 16, 2012
    Utah
    Cloud...will do....but I got my shipped notification about an hour ago

16. foggdawg

foggdawg Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Just checked my email...It's shipped. Thanks Cloud!!!!!

17. bapgood

Apr 16, 2012
    Utah
    Big thanks to Stormys for tracking mine down and changing the shipping location!!!

Now I will be able to play over the holiday.

18. Jeepster08

Jeepster08 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Still waiting on shipping notification for mine. The smaller drip only tank arrived today and I could not be happier with the quality of it!

19. dwcraig1

How many drops/ml's do you suppose it will hold?

20. Jeepster08

Jeepster08 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Good question.... not sure yet. Have not had a chance to get it set up. Maybe tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.