Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I didn't think you could only use kanthal by itself. I hate working with the non resistance wire. But, I've been using 32g Kanthal with only a little over one inch between the NR wire. Maybe that has been my problem.

If I only used the 32g Kanthal neg connection through to the positive connection how many wraps would you suggest for 2.0 to 1.5 ohms

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
you cant just use kanthal by itself, you need nr wire for sure. i think some people have tried just straight 28 gauge kanthal without nr wire, but i wouldnt recommend it by any means.

32 gauge kanthal a1 is 13.1 ohms a foot. that mean every inch you get 1.09 in resistance. so if you wanted 1.5-1.7 or so, youd need about 1 and a 1/2 to 1 and 3/4 inches or so. make sure the nr wire is securely wrapped on the kanthal, i like 999 dead soft silver wire. i also find that if you wrap at least one round of nr wire around the wick at either end helps quite a bit. then just connect the nr wire as you would. depending on how thick your wick is it could be anywhere from 5 wraps on 2mm wick to 3-4 wraps on 3mm. just depends i guess. youll definately get the hang of it...theres a good amount of trial and error with this atty, but once you get it you'll be stoked.

pictures usually help, so take a look here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/294766-ody-coil-gallery.html

not sure this helps at all.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I pre-ordered one of these.....can't wait!

Someone said this is a clone of the Ody V1.....What is the difference between V1 and V2?
The difference is the channels for the wick is wider, 2 mm vs 3mm , there are some other minor difference in the ceramic and it's housing.
The V2 housing with it's ceramic will fit in place of the V1 assembly. But it would cost about as much as another Terminator without much improvement cost wise.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
The difference is the channels for the wick is wider, 2 mm vs 3mm , there are some other minor difference in the ceramic and it's housing.
The V2 housing with it's ceramic will fit in place of the V1 assembly. But it would cost about as much as another Terminator without much improvement cost wise.

Thanks!

I'm assuming the increased width is for larger wicks.....Is this something that could be modded with a dremel and diamond bit?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Thanks!

I'm assuming the increased width is for larger wicks.....Is this something that could be modded with a dremel and diamond bit?

I expect Stormy to receive extra ceramics any day now, I will have to have an extra one before I try that but that is my plan. I am told it doesn't make much difference but I shall try it anyway. I mod everything, except the batteries

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
like dw said, wider channels for wicks in v2, and only one ceramic channel for the positive wire, the other channel is metal in v2 for easier connection of neg wire. other than that its almost identical to v1. v2 also has 2 grooves cut into the bottom of the base near the 510 connector for better airflow, has 4 grooves in the top cap instead of 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread