Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
[emoji58]
It's the Desire X.

Sent from the future

That is one funky looking mod. Gotta watch a video on it. It doesn't matter - I am officially NOT buying any more mods or tanks until I sell some of the ones I already have piling up around my house.

Reactions: stols001

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@Tonee N - I cannot be tempted. At least, not tonight. :p I did see a gorgeous mod in an email ad from one of the online vendors - a Stratus Series Mechanical mod at what seems to me to be a rather astronomical price for a mechanical. I don't do mechanical but that is the only area that tempts me because I feel like I should learn about them and the only way to do is that is to own one. It won't be that one though it is gorgeous.

GTS84

Oct 8, 2017
I'm a big fan of the Minikin V2 myself. I picked one up here off the classifieds and liked it so much I picked up a second one from element.

How's the Tesla Nano Steampunk firing compared to Minikin V2?

I agree with that! For the price I haven't found a better mod. The Steampunk has been my main mod for many months now and aside from the battery door becoming loose over time (fixed with a small piece of clear tape) it has been amazing. I have dropped it a couple of times and the chip is still as good as it was when I first got it. I have the rose gold and the finish is still in excellent condition. Congratulations on making the switch to vaping! :)

Yes I'm switching to vaping! What RDA in your setup? I'm more to flavor to replace 2 packs of cigarettes/day.
Any suggestions for flavor RDA under $20?

Maybe - ;) I tend to buy multiples of something I really like and I really like the Steampunk. Actually, I have four - two brass ones. I plan to sell the extra brass and the stainless steel (nothing at all wrong with it, I just don't LOVE stainless steel even though the Nano looks better in the antiques stainless, IMO, than most mods of that color.

You mentioned leaking and I only remember one person on the forum who had leaking into the battery compartment from the tank and it turned out to the pin. Occasionally, there is a lemon in everything I suppose.

The Steampunk is a great mod and quite durable. I haven't had a battery door probably on the one I have used, the copper. The battery doors fall open easily if there are no batteries in the mod, but stay firmly shut, on mine, with batteries in.

I haven't used my favorite copper Tesla in weeks so I should drag it out and fire it up. IMO, it is a great mod. It just isn't my personal favorite.

Wow 4 MODs, i wish you were in same country as me! Haha
Compared to your personal favorite MOD, how's the firing?

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
@Tonee N - I cannot be tempted. At least, not tonight. [emoji14] I did see a gorgeous mod in an email ad from one of the online vendors - a Stratus Series Mechanical mod at what seems to me to be a rather astronomical price for a mechanical. I don't do mechanical but that is the only area that tempts me because I feel like I should learn about them and the only way to do is that is to own one. It won't be that one though it is gorgeous.
[emoji16]
Rig Mod Vape AMP Variable Wattage Box Mod Set | Vaping Device

Sent from the future

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@GTS84 - this has become a hobby for me, after almost 4 and half years of vaping. I started off with a very simple set up and progressed through the years. Our FDA's Deeming Regulations were looming on the horizon, so if I liked something, I bought more than one in case it disappeared forever. Since the extension, I don't feel the need to stock up anymore but I will still buy more than one of something I love because things get discontinued by manufacturers all the time and again, if I love it, I want to have a backup, at the very least.

If you have never vaped and are completely new to this, my suggestion would be to go with a very simple set-up initially. The Tesla Nano Steampunk is more than you need as a starter mod, but it will be okay, I think, as long you don't go sub-ohm on the tank. If you are just quitting a 2 pack a day habit, your nicotine needs are probably going to be higher then what you can get with sub-ohm. You could put a Nautilus 2 tank on the Nano and keep your coils above 1.5 ohms and that would work. You will probably want your e-liquid to be at least 12 mgs of nicotine, maybe 18 or higher initially and you can't do that with sub-ohm.

I don't have an RDA. I do have RTAs and love them but that is something I didn't get into for years. You might be completely different and be ready to make that kind of leap from the beginning. Few people are, but there are exceptions. My favorite RTA is the single coil OBS Engine Nano and is priced around $20 if you buy from China. I don't know what country you live in but that tank is $26 to $29 in the US. You can build and install coils in that tank in the range I recommended and vape your higher nicotine juice. That is simply my opinion.

That Tesla Steampunk Nano fires beautifully with no lag. My reasons for preferring the Minikin V2 have less to do with the performance of the mod and more to do with how it feels in my hand. It is that simple.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
How's the Tesla Nano Steampunk firing compared to Minikin V2?

Yes I'm switching to vaping! What RDA in your setup? I'm more to flavor to replace 2 packs of cigarettes/day.
Any suggestions for flavor RDA under $20?

I don't use an RDA. I am a tank vaper through and through! The tank I have on my Steampunk right now is the Freemax Starre Pure. I absolutely love this tank. The coils produce amazing flavor and vapor. I also love the EUC coils that Vaporesso produces.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I don't use an RDA. I am a tank vaper through and through! The tank I have on my Steampunk right now is the Freemax Starre Pure. I absolutely love this tank. The coils produce amazing flavor and vapor. I also love the EUC coils that Vaporesso produces.
[emoji106]
81d0481a0901b01385eca53194c621e8.jpg

Sent from the future

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Just a heads up that Fasttech has silicone sleeves for the Nano for about $3.

Hope a sleeve solves my battery door problem like one did with my trusty Alien.

Both doors are terrible designs IMO.

I have a black sleeve for my Nano and I never use it. It is "just in case." Thank you for this, though. It is great info for those who need to protect that battery door. I bought mine on Amazon for a little more but I had some points, so it was practically free.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
You have a serious addiction. Shinyitus gone wild. That was clearly an S.O.S. Interesting mod though. :D
I've had that for a while now. It's more of a conversational mod, it's sleeping nice comfy til my next out of town visit.[emoji16]
I only have 15 now(16 in a couple weeks, won another from vaping360/Ijoy a day ago.[emoji16])

Sent from the future

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I've had that for a while now. It's more of a conversational mod, it's sleeping nice comfy til my next out of town visit.[emoji16]
I only have 15 now(16 in a couple weeks, won another from vaping360/Ijoy a day ago.[emoji16])

Sent from the future

I can definitely see the mod starting some pretty interesting conversations. LOL

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
That's hot!! I saw that mod in an email over the weekend. I like it! I had 3 of the Vaporesso Target mods because I was such a fan of the hand feel. :)
It's a conversation starter. Especially when you walk in a local B&M and the kid with the Alien asks me what it is, I tell them it's the REAL ALIEN![emoji16]

Sent from the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread