TFA - Honey, what to do with it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jozef-3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Plano, Texas, United States
So I've been struggling with how to use the honey from TFA. I seem to get terrible results with it, even at small amounts. It smells and taste like talcum powder/baby powder with a floral undertone reminiscent of funeral home flowers.

Anyone use this honey flavor at all? I'm close to dumping my whole bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

jozef-3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
I've herd that there have not been to many successes with it. It will most likely need a good long steep and you should start at 2% with that.

It's good to know I'm not the only one. Even at 1% it was still unpleasant. Perhaps I can try making a 5ml juice and let it steep for a month. I fear I'll probably still end up dumping it.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
afaic, tfa honey is a lost cause. I like quite a few of their flavors, just not that one. 5 weeks...2 months and still no joy. It's ranged from grandma powder to burning rubber at different %. 2 really good Honey flavors are VZSC Gourmet and Inawera with Inawera holding top spot. You'd think I was their shill or something haha. No, just good stuff.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
No amount of steeping, sitting, bathing, whatever you want to call will change a bad flavor into a good flavor. It is known that I am extremely biased against such acts, and I find the idea of flavors magically morphing from unvapable to ADV's ridiculous.

To clarify: I don't find anything wrong with allowing a blend, or flavoring to settle. Many times this can take just a couple of hours. But when I read that people make juices and do not vape them for days, weeks, or even over a month, I can't help but to shake my head in wonder.

If that's how people like to to do their thing, more power to them. But telling people that a bad flavor will get better by sitting around for any given amount of time is bad advice. My opinion: Throw it out, try again with a new supplier.

/end rant - /no offense - /:2c: - /whateverkeepsyouoffthecigarettes

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
TFA Honey sucks (IMO)!

thumbs_down_gladiator.gif

jozef-3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Thanks for the warning. I received a sample from WL some time ago and was wondering what to do with it. Guess I'll "round file it". ;)

My experience is with The Flavor Apprentices Honey. I haven't tried WL so I can't say about that..plus I don't know who WL is :)

I wonder if anyone likes TFAs honey at all.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Although I haven't tried either one of these, I read good things about TFA Honeysuckle, which imparts a sweetness to liquids and doesn't smell like urine ;). Might that be more to your taste?

Honeysuckle is a floral. It is named honeysuckle because you can suck nectar out of the base of the flower. 'Cept I just ate the bases of the flowers when I was a kid. I am sucking on that right now, and it is as authentic as it can be!!

japanese-honeysuckle-00.jpg

Last edited:

Milkhoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Austin
Glad I read this, I've been eyeing TFA's honey, guess I'll skip it.

Honeysuckle I liked, a grassy floral that mellows a little to a sweeter floral, a little reminiscent of jasmine but less intense. Not really honey-like though, fairly close to actually eating honeysuckle, like biting the stem and everything, there's a definite green taste that remains in the sweetness.

Also glad to see I'm not the only kid that ate flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread