• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tfv4 tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Yea i didnt put any in the channels. Just on top of deck right above them. Ive just now taken out the previous wick they were chunky. Replaced them with less wick same way just on top the deck above juice channels. Hopefully it stays saturated and doesnt dry out, because im really getting tired of taking this puppy apart. But when it works its great. Till it dont.

Bro, I understand what u r going through, since I had the similar issues when I started with the TFV4. Once u get the hang of the wicking for the TFV4, it will behave quite well :).

After I pull through the cotton, I actually cap the rba (dual coil) to mark where to cut the cotton, followed by some minor trimming

Last edited:

Jaime Bates

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Parma, Ohio, United States
Bro, I understand what u r going through, since I had the similar issues when I started with the TFV4. Once u get the hang of the wicking for the TFV4, it will behave quite well :).

After I pull through the cotton, I actually cap the RBA (dual coil) to mark where to cut the cotton, followed by some minor trimming

Done that every time prime it get 3 hits and its dry. This is thr tfv4 min with the dual coil rba deck but it shouldnt matter should it? The only way i can force juice to it is to open yhe tao cap and release the vacuum. Its so aggravating love this tank but this is becoming a love hate relationship.

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Done that every time prime it get 3 hits and its dry. This is thr tfv4 min with the dual coil rba deck but it shouldnt matter should it? The only way i can force juice to it is to open yhe tao cap and release the vacuum. Its so aggravating love this tank but this is becoming a love hate relationship.

Try cut the wick length so that it just cover the juice hole even after u have prime it. I am guessing that u never had a leak issue.

Jaime Bates

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Try cut the wick length so that it just cover the juice hole even after u have prime it. I am guessing that u never had a leak issue.
Yea no leaking issues ever only dry hits ive tried minimum wick and keep it just to the top of the deck barely over the juice channels 3 hits n its dry.

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Yea no leaking issues ever only dry hits ive tried minimum wick and keep it just to the top of the deck barely over the juice channels 3 hits n its dry.

btw are you using high VG juice? I am assuming this happens only on the Dual RBA deck and works fine on the OCC

I cant see what else u can do, except to try to (1) close the air hole and suck to get some juice in or (2) pry the top piece to loosen it a bit so that some air can get while not leaking.. (3) modify the TF-R2 by cutting the cap to open up the juice hole (just below the screw thread) (take a look at the TF-RCA, huge juice holes)

cut.jpg

Last edited:

Jaime Bates

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
i was using 80/20 the juice now is high VG i am wicking with Cotton bacon. I have gone through more cotton in the last day then i go through in a whole month. It is frustrating, but now just when i think i got it i get another dry hit its very frustrating. I had no problems with the single coil rba getting the wicking just right. Maybe its because i have it down to far on the on the deck i dont know i wiil retry again. I am bound and determined to make this work.

Reactions: roy69

roy69

Sep 23, 2015
Cant help if there is no details about the build.

Oops sorry. Coil was placed as near to the deck/airhole as possible. No dry hits experience so I assume that his wick is constantly wet. Smoke produced by this tank is definitely satisfactory but just couldn't figure out how can flavour can be quite muted compared to other tank he uses: goblin minI and velocity.

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Oops sorry. Coil was placed as near to the deck/airhole as possible. No dry hits experience so I assume that his wick is constantly wet. Smoke produced by this tank is definitely satisfactory but just couldn't figure out how can flavour can be quite muted compared to other tank he uses: goblin minI and velocity.

RTA vs RDA leh..

He can try reducing the air flow to get more flavour, also close the air hole fully on the supplied drip trip.

Jaime Bates

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Its dual 24 gauge .25 ohms 5 wraps each side. Wicking with cotton bacon using max vg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

roy69

Sep 23, 2015
RTA vs RDA leh..

He can try reducing the air flow to get more flavour, also close the air hole fully on the supplied drip trip.

Hahah that's what I thought so but then again, the way he explained to me is as if there's a great difference in flavour muting and with the goblin mini tank, he also experienced quite a difference in flavour too.

Totally forgot about that air hole trick. Will advise as such. Thanks bud!

Update: He did tried that airhole trick. It doesn't work.

Last edited:

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Ok I think i figure out what i am doing wrong. I am trying to chain vape and every time i take a few hits back to back it gets dry.

I think I am going to try to re wick one more time and see if i can fix it once again.

I just realise I was using 60/40 PG/VG juice. Maybe thats why I didnt have any dry hits, even when I chain vape.

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
i was using 80/20 the juice now is high VG i am wicking with Cotton bacon. I have gone through more cotton in the last day then i go through in a whole month. It is frustrating, but now just when i think i got it i get another dry hit its very frustrating. I had no problems with the single coil rba getting the wicking just right. Maybe its because i have it down to far on the on the deck i dont know i wiil retry again. I am bound and determined to make this work.
Can you take the top cap off and take a picture so we can clearly see the wicking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread