***The All-New Versus 510, Totem 302, and Stasis 901 Customer Reviews***

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapon

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Wink, TX

Here is my review of the Versus 510.....and I purchased 2 Copper kits.

FEEL (5) It is extremely light. Much like the DSE 901. Can hold in my mouth and vape using the automatic battery.

DESIGN (4) The design is ok. Really like the whistle tip cartridges, only wish they were a bit flatter and not so dense.

INTEGRITY (3.5) The draw on the Versus is easy and consistent. The batteries are much like the DSE901, short lived....but, they do charge rather fast. The only thing I can complain about is the atomizers, which IMO are not performance friendly. Like I stated above, I purchased 2 kits. In one kit one of the atomizers was DOA (have spoken with Eric and he plans to replace it once he returns to the states on Friday). The other kit had an atomizer that had the most horrible, and I DO MEAN HORRIBLE taste that I have ever experienced! It had a really gruff-bottom-of-the-barrel taste! Sort of like vaping from a fiery red-hot welding rod!!! It was the most gosh-awful taste I have ever tasted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried blowing the atty out and letting it sit overnight. No cure. Was constantly having to drip directly on the atty for it to produce a decent taste which only lasted for about 4 puffs and then back to the awful gruff taste that it produced. I finally replaced it with the spare atty that came with the kit and it has performed as an atomizer should. Can actually taste a flavor from the e-liquid now, even without direct dripping. MUCH, MUCH BETTER!

VAPOR PRODUCTION (5) The Versus has an unmatched vapor production compared to any other e-cig I have owned.

THROAT HIT (4) To me, that all depends on the juice and the strength of nicotine you use. I use 18mg strength and dilute with vodka, which produces a throat hit that satisfies me. IMO, the DSE 801 has a throat hit like no other e-cig, no matter what liquid or strength you use.

All in all, the VERSUS 510 is an excellent choice for vaping. I have heard so much good things about the 510, so decided to purchase and decide for myself. The reason I decided to purchase from Eric at Vapor Station was the fact that these kits came with 3 batteries. Even tho I had a bad experience with 2 atty's, I know that Eric will make it up to me in the end.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Here is my review of the Versus 510.....and I purchased 2 Copper kits.

Vapon, that bad taste in the first atomizer is the primer. I had the same issue with the atomizer I'm currently using. All I did was soak it in a shot glass of vodka over night, then in the morning I blew it out and set it wick side down on a paper towel for 2 or so hours. It was fine after that.

The issue here is that when the primer fluid sits in the heat of the warehouse for 2 or so months, it gets a bit musky. Not to mention transit from USA to UK afterwards. It isn't spoiled by any means, the flavor just evaporates leaving the sour, chemical taste you experienced. That atomizer should be fine, but send me the DOA atomizer, and we'll take care of you :)

Last edited:

dperino

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
after receiving the titanium yesterday, and then returning from work last night, i've been consistently vaping before going to sleep and then after waking up. i have to say i'm very pleased with most aspects of the versus and my experience using it thus far. being provided with whistle caps was quite the surprise, even more surprising is my vaping with them seems far more pleasurable than when using rounded tips.

fit and finish of the titanium is great. looks far more sophisticated then a regular 510. i did nothing when taking all of my goodies out of the box except to put the versus together, prime the atty and begin vaping. couldn't have been easier.

the first "priming hits" were positively surprising as well. great vapor production and decent throat hit (using 36 mg turkish from good profits). i'm hoping a better throat hit will be had somewhere down the line after foraging through my juice supplies.

ok, the batteries. when ordering i chose to receive a kit as is as my reasoning was to explore the various options. after using all three (manual with blue led, manual with no led and auto with blue led) i'll probably stick with the manual with an led unless a manual without an led provides a bit more battery life. the auto is simply not for me.

it's a 510, need i say more about battery life?

in this thread, eric stated the versus is a joye 510 with no modifications. i have to say my experience has been far more pleasurable than when i purchased the original joye model a few months back. maybe this is partially due to how i now vape as opposed to when i first started. but i can't help but believe this newer version actually does produce more vapor.

the versus is a solid vaping experience and should be a favorite for those just entering the world of pv's. now, where's the specs for your avatar?

halo

Nov 13, 2009
Resurrecting this thread to give another thumbs up. It took me a few days to get used to this thing, but now I love it. I don't have any other ecigs to compare it with, but I'm entirely satisfied with this one, and see no need to even bother with anything else. Customer service is, as always, exceptional. There were problems during shipping, and rather than wait for the postal service to figure out whats going on, Eric put another one in the mail for me. Can't get any better than that.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yeah, we actually have 12 orders that have yet to arrive from the first week of December. The Christmas rush is hitting us pretty hard, though we're compensating for the delays by throwing in freebies with each order.

Airsure'd orders are still taking 3-5 days. They don't seem to have it so bad.

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
I got my 302 kit yesterday in the mail and the first time I used it for an extended period was today at work.Here are my first impressions.Scaled from 1-5
Feel The 302 is a well developed unit good balance, light draw,(don't feel as though I'm trying to suck on a thick shake) this makes it easier to use while holding in mouth while working. The switch is responsive with out being too sensitive. 4.5
Design Unit was well thought out well balanced, lighter than my other pen style. Seems smaller but when compared to my other model it is actualy close enough that you would have to do measurements to find a difference in size if there is any.Copper color is great was impressed with the finish.5
Integrety The 302 seems to be a well engineered sturdy unit fit and finish was good battery charge lasted me all day,about 10 hrs of normal usage which for me is eaqual to about 10 analogs.Still hadn't hit the end of the battery charge when I put it on the charger Vapor production was consistant throughout the day. 5
Vapor production was great large plume of vapor. vapor was thick to the point of lasting a little longer than most penstyles when exhaled.
close enough to an analog in appearance to maybe make it hard to convince people it's just vapor at first.Not a complaint just an observation.5
Throat hit Good, full feeling in the back of throat,vapor was a little cool at start but feeling warmer at the end of the day will probably get even warmer as attys break in. the only complaint is the primer. It is the typical Joye primer that is also in their 510 attys and while I don't find it to be too bad it is noticeable even after blowing out and repriming the attys if you let your juice get a little low. Still I'd give it a 5 for throat hit as if Idraw a little too much I can still get a slight cough. This was using the 12 mg I went to after switching to pen styles.
Overall I'd give this model a 4.75 out of 5 and would not be hesitant to reccomend it to anyone.:thumbs:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi
The Totem is the model I am looking at also. But since I am primarily a KR808d-1 user who is just starting to try the 3 piece design I have some questions. I've already burned up the two 901 attys I got. I still have the 801s and still hate them...hot,nasty acrid vapor no matter what I do. Obviously it's me and my technique, I realize this. So...what is this "primer" you are talking about? How does the Totem do if your basicly totally inept ? :) Mostly though does it have manual batteries or a PT model available and are the manual batteries/PT sealed?
Thanks for your help!!!
LK

oh yes....what is the basic thread pattern? IE: is the Totem campatible with anything else???

Last edited:

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Lorikay,

The P/T and Manual batteries will come in time. I've been reserving pretty much all resources for this Avatar model. I do have some 510-to-302 adapters you could use. It would allow you to connect your 510 P/T to a 302 atomizer. These will be available on the website shortly.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
yeah....but then I don't have the "beauty" factor of the Totem. Not to sound too shallow but sometimes looks do count. :) And that really is a classy looking e-cig. Besides the fact that I don't use a 510...I use the KR808D-1.....I would rather wait until you release the Avatar anyway and see what it is going to be like. I just wanted to pick up something nice that was a good value to use for testing liquids that I mix. I was pretty much settled on a m401 because of the exposed atty until I saw the Totem :)
Thank for the info Eric

Deena

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Louisville
I received my Versus 510 (and a free kit!) today. I am more than satisfied, so here goes my review -

Feel 5+: It's very comfortable. In fact, it's lighter than my other 510s. Not sure why - I thought they were all the same model. It draws really smoothly, but it's not too light.
Design 5: I have the stainless steel and I think it looks great - kind of classy. This is the first time I've had a non-LED battery. I like it a lot, too. Really great for public for those of us who don't really want to draw attention to ourselves:)
Integrity 5: So far, so good! The batteries were charged when I received them. Haven't had one die yet, and I'm a heavy vaper.
Vapor Production 5: Great vapor production with both the 510 carts and cartomizers (using an adapter)
Throat hit 5: I haven't noticed any difference from other 510s in terms of the throat hit. No complaints here!

Other: I think it's difficult to write a review on the 510 because it's such a great product in general. The only difference I can tell between this model and my Joye is that the Versus is lighter and doesn't feel as top-heavy (even with a cartomizer). The deal breaker for me is that I think VS, from what I have seen, is a great company in terms of price, quality of the juice, storefront, and customer service.
Price: I spent $45.00 for one kit. This is ten bucks more than what I spent at another company, but for the ten bucks I got an extra battery and a cool battery pouch. So, I think it's a real deal. More bang for the buck. The juices are also fairly cheap, too ($5 for 10ml), but they taste really good.
Juice: We got three different juices with our order - Frost, Rush, and Tampa. I've tried the Frost and the Rush and really liked both. The Frost comes closet to a real menthol cig. It's not too strong/mentholly or too sweet. It's balanced really nicely. Rush is really good too. Rush would be a great all-day vape. It's really rich and robust, but not overpowering. I ordered some more juices today and I think the choices are really unique. It looks like several of the juices are inspired by Eastern flavors.
Customer Service: I ordered on a Saturday, it was shipped the following Tuesday, and I received it on Thursday. I was also really impressed with the Haiti donations and I mentioned this when I ordered.
Storefront: I found the website really useful and easy to navigate. The resources included on the site are very useful, particularly to those who are new to vaping. Even the email confirmation was informative! It included info on safety, filling cartridges, priming atomizers, ECF, and all the relevant contact info. I can't wait for the DIY section to be live.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Deena,

Normally, we ship same-day or the next business day. The only reason you had to wait til Tuesday for the order to ship is because I just arrived back in the states on Thursday and a lot of our inventory was still (some still is) in transit.

The DIY section should be up within the next 30 days.

The Auction House is still in the works. More info on this coming soon!

Deena, be sure to use our discount codes. They're available here in our subforum for all ECF members. You can save a pretty penny on your next order.

Deena

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Louisville
The DIY section should be up within the next 30 days.
I will be there with bells on.

Normally, we ship same-day or the next business day.
Wonderful - but I hope I didn't come across as critical of the shipping time. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Deena, be sure to use our discount codes. They're available here in our subforum for all ECF members. You can save a pretty penny on your next order.

Yep, I found them and ordered more juice within two hours of receiving my kits and juices :)

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
I just wanted to throw a short review out there for anyone interested in ordering from VSVapor.com. Hopefully it'll be seen as constructive criticism and not start a flame fest.

I ordered a sampler pack on 1/7/10 that I was told was held up because of weather in TX and was not shipped until a week later. When the package finally arrive on 1/23/10 I saw it was shipped from the UK so I'm not sure how the weather in TX affected the delivery time? Waiting 2 weeks for a package was disappointing. Eric was quick to respond to my complaint and offered a liquid goody with my next order as an apology. Nothing extra was included in my next order, but it's the thought that counts and I'm not looking for hand outs.

Out of the 10 pack sampler I found a 2-3 juices I liked. Not knocking the juice, I ordered a sampler because I wasn't sure what I flavors I was after. Taste, vapor, and TH on the VS NY was just what I was looking for. Very tasty stuff! Despite the fiasco with the first order I decided to order again and stock up on some VS NY. I placed the order on 1/26/10 noting that the juice was on back order until 1/30. The order was not shipped until 2/10/10... At least this time the shipment only took two days to get here and arrived this afternoon. With the exception of having one white cart in a package of black carts everything is as ordered. Hopefully this VS NY is as tasty as the sampler :) Oh, and the non-sampler juices come in nice glass child safe bottles with ingredient and warning labels :thumb:

Conclusion: Good product and timely response to email inquiries. Very poor shipping time and lack of proactive notification of delays. Overall I'd say 6 out of 10. I'd order again, but I would do so a couple weeks before I actually needed the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread