***The All-New Versus 510, Totem 302, and Stasis 901 Customer Reviews***

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Krythis, we never claimed to be shipping from Texas while we were based in the UK. We had it posted numerous times on the website on both the Shipping page and the About us page. We also had it mentioned here on the forum. We made the decision to to move the USA storefronts headquarters back to Texas on January 27 and had all of the shipments we were awaiting forwarded to the USA as well. It was never our intention to mislead anyone into thinking we were based anywhere we weren't.

When you placed your order on 1/25/10, the VS NY liquid you ordered was on backorder until January 30. The shipment sat in customs for 2 weeks longer than anticipated (wasn't even received until Feb 5 at the UK warehouse), so I had to place another order and had it shipped to Texas. I sent emails out, but I just checked my email log and I did overlook yours. It's my fault alone and I'm really, really sorry about that.

The bad weather was in England. We had a full week of snow and the post office was closed. We couldn't even get our car out of our driveway onto the road (rear wheel drive car + snow = immobile).

Generally, we ask that customers leave a message in the "Note to Sender" box in your shopping to request the bottles we offer for delays and promotions. Otherwise, we'll overlook it. The system we have on our website doesn't allow us to add any notes to reference for customers in the future, so leaving a "Note to Sender" really the only realistic way for us to keep track of promised replacements and goodies. It's definitely something I'll look into, though.

I can assure you we have everything setup in Texas now and are only awaiting a shipment of sampler pack bottles, a few various 10mL bottles and 2 liquid flavours. All orders placed (aside from the aforementioned) will be shipped the same day or next day at the latest from now on.

As for the extra bottle, I'll gladly ship that to you today. I'll send you an email right away.

Thank you,
Eric Scott Moon

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
I was under the assumption you were US based because of a post in the forums stating you had two sites, one for each location. So once I went to the 'US' website I didn't look into it any further. You did say in your email response that Forest of Dean was snowed in, but again not being familiar with towns in TX I thought you meant you were snowed in there somewhere. This is why I sent you an email asking how it was sent from UK if you were snowed in in TX :confused: ...but now that I Googled a map of Forest of Dean it all makes sense! It is in fact in the UK lol.

So anyhow Eric has now emailed, PM'd, and called me in the time between my first post and this response. The situation has been cleared up and I've learned some new geography. :cool: Thanks Eric and I hope US Customs leaves you alone now.

lampe36

Feb 17, 2010
NJ
As a 2 pack a day Newport smoker, I decided to try using e-cig's as a smoking cessation tool. I very much enjoy smoking and would continue forever if the greedy government would stop gouging me for the "sin tax" that makes my beloved smokes $8.06 a pack. Oh, and the whole drowning in lung fluid death thing is a bit of deterrent as well. And since she is not fond of watching that lung fluid thing happen, my wife agreed to let me get a starter kit for my birthday.

As with anything I purchase, I did a ton of research and determined that for my smoking preference, the 510 with the VS Newport would be the best option. Although most of the online stores receive good reviews, I chose Vapor Station for the VS Newport option and the ease of use on their website.

My order got off to a rocky start because I ordered my starter pack on 2/4 and it didn't ship until 2/9. However, on 2/8 I sent an email requesting an order status and received a response from Eric in a little over an hour. Very impressive response time. Eric explained that there was a message at the top of the shopping cart warning me of a delay due to a move of their storefront. I did not see this message when I ordered or I would've tried another store (I'm very impatient once I decide to get something). I am NOT saying the message wasn't there, only that I did not see it. As my wife would happily tell anyone, I am not the most observant person.

I also did not receive the package for a week after shipping. This is completely not the fault of Vapor Station, but probably due to the 2 blizzards we had our area during that week.

Despite the delay between ordering and receiving, I have to say I am very happy with both the product and service.

- Feel: 5 I guess. The "feel" of a cigarette never crosses my mind. I would smoke a truck tire if it gave me a good hit.

- Design: Again I guess it's a 5. I ordered a black, but Eric called and said he could ship a titianium immediately or wait for black. As long as it's not pink, I am fine with whatever. I do appreciate that I received a phone call instead of having to wait because I arbitrarily picked a bad color.

- Integrity: 4? Since this is my first e-cig, I am not really qualified to gauge this properly. However, it does seem to perform similar to what I've read about the 510. The battery life is annoying though. I feel like I'm replacing them constantly and it sucks that I notice the dying battery by sucking in a bunch of nasty fluid. Hopefully, I'll be able to buy a personal charger at some point.

- Vapor Prodution: 4. I tie vapor production and throat hit together since it's really about how it feels.

- Throat hit: 4. At first, I HATED this thing. It tasted nasty and gave no hit whatsoever. After doing some research, I learned about the primer fluid, atomizer break in period, and some tips such as the spring mod and direct dipping. In a few days, it's hitting at a little more than half the strength of a Newport. I don't think I can expect more from vapor.

I was very impressed with the package itself. I received 3 batteries (2 manuals with and without LED's and one auto), which was more than I expected. I did expect the two atomizers, but it's still great that the extra one is included. I don't care about the pouch, but I could see why some would find it convenient. I am not a fan of the glass fluid bottle, but that may be personal preference. I just haven't figured out how to get it to drip faster.

My experience with Vapor Station has been good enough that I placed another order with them today for their sampler pack. I think the storefront move and blizzard were anomalies and I'll have better luck with receiving times in the future. Also, Vapor Station seems like the kind of store that rewards frequent customers with throw-ins, discounts, et cetera. And since I'm already done half a bottle of fluid in a few days, I'll be a frequent customer.

On a personal note, I've only smoked about 5 Newports a day since I got my kit (and those were mainly psychological need and convenience while driving) so hopefully good-bye lung fluid.

SpottedPony

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Rattlesnake territory
Hmm. I don't have a VS 510...but I have only ever used a 510 (since Sept 09). It seems I am one of the few that doesn't own bazzillion models.

Anyway...I do not see any reviews for the Totem - which looks interesting. How does it compare to the 510 .. volt wise? Has anyone tried both (510 and totem)?

OH...and to the poster that said they had to pay 8 bucks for a pack, above...whoa! I have long since noticed that our dear public servants that find time to vote in sin tax increases never find the time to prepare a clear no-kidding accounting of all the sin tax they have collected to date. If ya figure the cost of a pack w/o the tax would be around 1.50...its a LOT of money they have collected.

I purchased the 510 Versus from Vaporstation late Monday night/early Tuesday morning. It arrived in the mail on Thursday, so I got it in two days. Had some questions and they were dealt with and answered very quickly.

This is my first ecigarette so understand there is no comparison to other companies or other models, so i am not adding number ratings

- Feel - After I got past the learning curve of the manual and automatic batteries, I have found I hold it differently than a traditional cigarette, but it doesn't feel odd or cumbersome. It has already become quite comfortable.
- Design I ordered the copper. I like it. It is nice without being too shiny and girly.
- Integrity The battery charge is good. I got a little over 3 hours off one constantly vaping last night.
- Vapor Prodution - the vapor is really good. I didn't realize how important that vapor was to me psychologically until I started using the ecigarette.
- Throat hit Can't compare it to any other models. And thought that the throat hit would lacking compared to analogs. Instead it seems stronger. It seems to soften as you smoke more.

I got three liquids. VS4, Creme Soda, and Strawberry. I like them all, but the Creme Soda is my Favorite. I wish the Strawberry was a little stronger in flavor, but it just may be that certain flavors are more distinct to me.

I did a lot of research before I purchased my ecig. There may be a couple places out there that are a few dollars cheaper, but not with the selection of colors VS has or the quick "inside the US" shipping. And when you add in the extra battery you get, not to mention a 6 month guarantee, it is the best deal I have found.

Overall, I will be suggesting Vapor Station to friends. No smoking laws and ecigs are still new here, so after just one night out I got lots of inquries. So my only complaint would be to include business cards with your orders, so I don't have to remember all your info and find a random scrap of paper everytime someone asks me about ecigs.

I also got the PCC. It is very sturdy and a great price. I put one complete ecig in my pocket in the VS pouch and put all the extras in the PCC put it in my purse and went out. I didn't need the on the go charge this time, but it was nice to know it was there.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina

My thoughts on the Versus 510:

- Feel 5 Although it's a bit heavier than a cigarette, it's easy to adjust to and when I really want the "analog" experience, I use the automatic battery and it works just great for me.

- Design 5 It's a beautiful device! The copper with the blacklight is such a nice combination.

- Integrity 5 So far so good! Batteries are performing quite well.

- Vapor Prodution 5 Just what I expect from a 510 with good liquid. Beautiful clouds of vapor. (Using VS Tennessee and loving it!!)

- Throat hit 5 on a mouth inhale. Actually, it's almost too much for me...been trying to take smaller draws but the vapor tastes so good it's making it hard to do that!

I have sent the link to the Versus to several people because I believe in this product, love the customer service I got and feel like you really get a lot for your money. I'll be giving VaporStation all my business from now on without a doubt!

SpottedPony

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Rattlesnake territory
background: I started vaping over 6 months ago. I started w a 510..and I have never tried any other model. I recently acquired a copper Versus 510.

VS Versus 510:

- Feel: 5...the size and shape is very similar to an analog. Of course, it is heavier. The VS Versus 510 does draw well, in fact I prefer the Versus atomizers to others I have tried to date. The VS Versus 510 comes w 3 batteries...two of which are manual, one is auto. I had not tried the auto battery prior to obtaining the VS Versus 510. The auto battery does make it seem more like an analog.

- Design: 5....The copper color is very appealing, I like the fact that the atomizers are clearly marked "versus" for two reasons - its easy to tell them apart from my other atomizers and I prefer a manufacturer be proud enough of their product that they put their name on it. The VS Versus 510 is better than I expected because it gives one the opportunity to sample both types of batteries (auto and manual).

- Integrity 5...It is hard to judge integrity w/o using a product for the same amount of time and to the same degree as a "control". I gave it a 5 because the atomizers thus far seem better than others I have tried and the batteries seem slightly more powerful - although I have not measured the later so its just based on "seem like".

- Vapor Production 5....the vapor plumes and thickness of vapor seem at par or better than other 510's that I own.

- Throat hit .....I can't rate this due to the fact I have never tried any other model, hence, I can't compare the "throat hit".

To sum up my "take" on the VS Versus 510, in the future when I need more 510 "parts" ...I will purchase VS Versus 510 parts/kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread